Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they figured out a way to do a grand entrance in that space, I wouldn’t think he would be at the beginning.

As well, houses aren’t really about interaction anymore (that died sometime around 2011-ish) so I don’t foresee that happening.

And furthermore, they are adapting the show, so I would expect voice clips, not a higher paid actor free to improvise lines that were not in the actual IP being adapted.

Again, I am excited for Chucky primarily because I enjoyed the 2009 house, think he’s a decent character, and like dark comedy houses.

My hesitation is the location as I wasn’t a huge fan of last year’s Blumhouse because it felt too tight during the Freaky section and had too many black walls during The Black Phone section. As this is the first time they have used this space and some new locations take them a bit of time to get in the groove of designing around, I am attempting to reserve my judgement.

They did this with Beetlejuice in 2022.

Didn't captain Spaulding talked to you in the rob zombie's house?
I can't remember if it was a speaker with lines or if he talked to you
I think it was the actor?

And for the location, they just need to have a Chucky puppet in a boo hole maybe. The person talking for Chucky could even just be behind the wall. A Chucky animatronic or hand held puppet to move the mouth. But the actor talking could hide behind the wall or something.
Like the puppet theater house we just had recently.
( What I mean is that since Chucky is tiny I don't think you need that much space to have the actor talking for Chucky. )

Also just throwing this out there - in the show there are scenes outside of the main story where Chucky breaks the fourth wall and speaks directly to the audience about what has happened in the show. Would give an opportunity for an interactive Chucky which would be fun, but might disrupt the flow a little. Or, could potentially work as an “intermission” between seasons 1 and 2?
That would be a great idea to have an interactive Chucky in the outdoor section between tents. Helps break it up, and fills in the absolute buzzkill that is the outdoor area lol

Iirc, Spaulding’s welcome was just a triggered movie-line, but he did improv at us a little on a couple of our later walkthroughs that year. So many people in that cast did, which made it my favorite house of the year :heart:

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Since we're getting into really specific Chucky conversations...

Just wanted to thank Brian and the rest of the staff for these gentle nudges. I know it isn’t fun to be the one to do so, but it saves some of us countless hours who end up combing back over every page to see the timeline of events that we’ve missed/want recapped in future years.

Thank God.. thanks Brian.

Sorry all.. some of us just don't want to read all the Chucky talk in main spec.. especially when some of us can't stand it. The closest I ever got to anything Chucky related is - I played poker with Jennifer Tilly once. She's VERY good, and a pretty down to earth person. So, I like her, but she's not coming to the event, so I still don't care. LOL

On another note - new week starting today.. any rumors about an annoucement? I mean, the whole thing starts in six and a half weeks!

Sorry all.. some of us just don't want to read all the Chucky talk in main spec.. especially when some of us can't stand it. The closest I ever got to anything Chucky related is - I played poker with Jennifer Tilly once. She's VERY good, and a pretty down to earth person. So, I like her, but she's not coming to the event, so I still don't care. LOL

On another note - new week starting today.. any rumors about an annoucement? I mean, the whole thing starts in six and a half weeks!
6.5 weeks is insane. It feels like it was just 10 weeks yesterday lol.

The key to happiness is not counting down to opening day though - it's counting down to the day we arrive. :lmao:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Reactions: jseal777

Maybe we get lucky and they reconfirm Chucky this week and actually put him up on the website to confirm his existence at the event this year lol

I do think this week Will be promising, it's on par for them to reveal something after the 4th of July

Just gonna throw this out there lol

But yeah, sure fits the jungle rumor thus far. Things are finally picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.