Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a comment above that there may be another annoucnement this week.. some think it's monsters and others ST. I saw someone say they think ST won't be announced until more towards end of July? That seems crazy to me. Why would you hold out on a HUGE IP like that until just shy of a month before opening night?
I’m betting it will have to do with Oddfellow with what was on their website a few days ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
I must be on an island, because I've never had to deal with these long Express waits that people are talking about. If they decided to roll out a test for individual Express passes, I could see them doing it like "these are only available or valid after 10 PM" or something along those lines.

Agree!!! Don’t know if I should say this but in my experiences the wait times for express are significantly less than advertised.

I see a lot of people here complaining about Express operations and I thought I’d share my side of the coin.

I have been going to HHN since 2017 and NEVER have I had any problems with bad Express operations. Even opening night of last years event it really ran smoothly for me.
I could just be getting lucky but I just thought I should share another perspective of what I have personally experienced.

I see a lot of people here complaining about Express operations and I thought I’d share my side of the coin.

I have been going to HHN since 2017 and NEVER have I had any problems with bad Express operations. Even opening night of last years event it really ran smoothly for me.
I could just be getting lucky but I just thought I should share another perspective of what I have personally experienced.
Yeah I've been assuming I've just been lucky too.

Although, I've never gone before the last weekend of September. (until this year.. :eyes:)

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid
None of my comments about HHN are directed at TMs, they have always been directed at management. There should be a pretty decent standard operating procedure no matter how much experience a TM has.

Disney relies on the college program to run most of its in-park operations, that's a lot of new CMs being trained every few months... and yet their ops remain smooth and consistent. Universal has a horrible onboarding practice and a history of just throwing TMs out there without much training unfortunately.
But we're still ignoring it's new for management and leaders, too. They have a good idea, but not a complete idea due to the logistics/layout/safety areas changing. It's not comparable to Disney's college program because they're getting ready for established entities - and when Disney rolls out something completely new, growing pains are always expected.

It's also worth mentioning even with the TM Preview being the "Stress Test", there are going to be things changed from that night which also throws another wrinkle in the learning curve.

But we're still ignoring it's new for management and leaders, too. They have a good idea, but not a complete idea due to the logistics/layout/safety areas changing. It's not comparable to Disney's college program because they're getting ready for established entities - and when Disney rolls out something completely new, growing pains are always expected.

It's also worth mentioning even with the TM Preview being the "Stress Test", there are going to be things changed from that night which also throws another wrinkle in the learning curve.
I.E.: The biggest offender of last year's express issues being the brand new ultra long queue layout for Bugs.

The thing that illustrates the "they don't learn from last year" idea for me is how long it takes them to put up the projectors in the lines. It feels like the event as half over before they started playing those Weeknd videos on the walls.

When are they going to starting showing the Slaughter Sinema trailers on the walls for the lines? That's what the people demand!!

The thing that illustrates the "they don't learn from last year" idea for me is how long it takes them to put up the projectors in the lines. It feels like the event as half over before they started playing those Weeknd videos on the walls.

When are they going to starting showing the Slaughter Sinema trailers on the walls for the lines? That's what the people demand!!
Now that’s something I never understood… haha.

AKA: The line that had the express merge point literally feet from the entrance. I’ll never understand how they refused to see the issue back there
Maybe I'm dumb and shouldn't be talking about line ops.. but isn't imerge close to house entrance = good, merge close to house portal = bad?

Unless you meant the portal, in which case, don't mind me

Maybe I'm dumb and shouldn't be talking about line ops.. but isn't imerge close to house entrance = good, merge close to house portal = bad?

For people with express it’s good. For standbys and general good operations it’s bad. Since it mostly never got backed up much beyond several dozen folks, it means that most of the night the longest that express has to “wait” is however long it takes them to walk from the portal to the house. Meanwhile, the standard line most nights reached close to the MIB area.

The problem is the speed of scanning Express. Merge should scan Express and send in Stand By as the line into the house dies down. If that line into the house is short that means the house is starved of guests, reducing capacity.

They better call it "Gillman VS. Wolfman - Surf n' Turf".
Universal Monsters: Need a Will? Call McGillman!

Breaking Bad GIF

Man, I really, really must be in the minority because I thought the express passes worked better last year for us than they did for the previous few years we've been. Granted, we went mid October last year so maybe they have had time to figure it out. And also, we tended to not join lines when they were above 100 minutes but 90 or so minutes and below, we never waited more than 25 minutes. I think that's a pretty fair trade off. I wouldn't dare ever go to the even without them anymore simply because we are only there for a week.

Man, I really, really must be in the minority because I thought the express passes worked better last year for us than they did for the previous few years we've been. Granted, we went mid October last year so maybe they have had time to figure it out. And also, we tended to not join lines when they were above 100 minutes but 90 or so minutes and below, we never waited more than 25 minutes. I think that's a pretty fair trade off. I wouldn't dare ever go to the even without them anymore simply because we are only there for a week.

Every year people take a few examples of poor ops and try to extrapolate it to the whole event. Hit a bad merge at 9:14pm on a Friday? BAD OPS ALL DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.