Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, I sure as heck didn't expect I'd have to reiterate this, let alone so soon butttt...isn't it awesome when we're surprised?!

Seriously, I don't think any of us could've imagined they'd be rolling out the original houses like this. It's completely unexpected and absolutely welcomed! As others have mentioned, only the diehards are really paying attention to any HHN news at this time, so a reveal of the original houses at this time are perfect! That saves the IP announcements for the Summer which is closer to HHN and when the GP starts paying attention. It feels like a best of both worlds situation here.

While I do like the IP's, I'm generally here for the originals so to get a roll-out of them where they each get a moment to shine is really awesome! It's a great way to get people hyped and satisfied as the next batch of announcements are most likely going to be focused on EU and the Studios.

And for me, for the first time in a real long while, there's legit excitement for the next announcement! Uni has caught all of us off-guard with this, and I couldn't be happier! I look forward to seeing what else is revealed in the coming days!

Even you, Bob Hope. ;)
cff67e6011a9ffa5f8943ced334b1cc6.jpg

As said many-a times now, Hallow'd Out Horror has said outright that they take info from both here and Discord, and bet their reputation on NOPE coming to 2022, which didn't happen (and they have since acted like that never happened).

Heck, looking at this map, the only new info is stuff that's been said on public forum and Discord server, plus two house names that were just revealed. I would not pay any attention to them.

I’m still amazed that none of the spec seemed to be anywhere near Goblins Feast. Was a true surprise for me yesterday. Guess part of that is down to construction on the new tents being behind other builds, but still pretty amazing it didn’t leak.
There were specific rumors, including “goblins” and “fairies,” but most insiders didn’t go public on it because the broader context wasn’t known.

I think it’s really smart to do a Blumhouse zone rather than a house, especially to avoid the general complaints of IP houses that take place in relatively normal locations, without magic or curses or ghosts or decay or bugs cast upon them (Happy Death Day, Purge, M3GAN I assume). I feel like the only times “modern house” mazes have gotten praise have been in the case of truly iconic recreations (Halloween, Poltergeist).

Better to focus on the iconic characters and give fans a chance to really see them, I think. Plus, they all have such defined personality that gives performers direction. I’ve seen some “stage” scare zones where the actor doesn’t always know what to do aside from stand there.

Status
Not open for further replies.