Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To be fair, Netflix is both a producer and distributor.

For instance, The Sandman was produced by WB Television (amongst others), but streamed exclusively on Netflix. I believe that the final rights would likely land with WB Television and the other partners.

(I'm not saying that Sandman is coming to HHN)
Right…so in the case of The Sandman, licensing would go through WB, and it would not be considered a “Netflix” property. Bringing it back to the original example, Killer Klowns from Outer Space was assuredly not produced by Amazon, so its presence at the event doesn’t point to any sort of emerging partnership with Prime Video.

Streaming rights are just an extension of the licenses issued on a show’s behalf…the licensing rights lie solely with the production company, not the distribution company (why Friends, a show produced by WB but aired on NBC, is on Max and not Peacock).

As long as Netflix is the only streamer PRODUCING HHN-quality content, they’ll be the only streaming presence at the event.
No I mean Amazon legit owns the rights to kkfos like straight up they bought mgm kkfos is their property now along with robocop and others

No I mean Amazon legit owns the rights to kkfos like straight up they bought mgm kkfos is their property now along with robocop and others
My assumption, and I could well be wrong on this, is that Universal still goes through MGM for the rights. But yes, the property of a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon has appeared at the event. Just a few short decades until we’ll all be subsidiaries of the smiley capitalism box empire.

My assumption, and I could well be wrong on this, is that Universal still goes through MGM for the rights. But yes, the property of a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon has appeared at the event. Just a few short decades until we’ll all be subsidiaries of the smiley capitalism box empire.
I actually think that The Chiodo Brothers own the rights to KKfOS. That's a situation where they own the property rights (and Universal would have to go through them), but MGM purchased the distribution rights.

I'm not 100%, but I believe that's where that property stands.

Universal is really spending money on ads for Night Swim this week ... giving off some Poltergeist vibes

Still a long shot, but interesting
Honestly, I think the most we'll get on the East Coast are trailers playing in house queues.
I would be much more sanguine about this if Universal had proven the ability to make an app that doesn't stink.
I can't recall a time when I've seen a guest use the app instead of a paper map. ESPECIALLY during the day. The app is great for wait times, but terrible for directions lol.

The numbers aren't adding up for me on the house costs. $90,000 for 10 houses worth of lumber and construction sounds reasonable. Props and rights wouldn't be considered in those permit costs anyway as those aren't subject to building inspections.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Universal is really spending money on ads for Night Swim this week ... giving off some Poltergeist vibes

Still a long shot, but interesting
Night Swim will be the exclusive Cabana Bay experience this year - haunted pool! (lol)

It's always kind of boggled my mind a bit when people talk about the app, because I've really never had issues with it. The most I've ever had was it timed out and I had to close out and re-open. But I've never had problems with mobile ordering, wait times, show times, etc.

Night Swim will be the exclusive Cabana Bay experience this year - haunted pool! (lol)

It's always kind of boggled my mind a bit when people talk about the app, because I've really never had issues with it. The most I've ever had was it timed out and I had to close out and re-open. But I've never had problems with mobile ordering, wait times, show times, etc.
It is clunky. Like filters don't keep, it starts on map and not list and you can't change this it seems, you can't look at future date show times, I don't see where you can get directions to an attraction, etc. Honestly Sea World App wasn't the best but Universal is proving worse. Now some of it is because SW had separate apps for each park so they didn't need filtering. But the directions to an attraction I feel are key when you go from paper to app because the zooming in and out since it is a smaller space gets annoying. Us older folks are probably not bringing reading glasses to the parks which makes the smaller area for a map harder too.

Now I will admit I have only been using it for about a week, but so far it seems less advance than SW one which is REALLY sad as I complained about SW one all the time. And it isn't my age, when I told my daughter (she is 13) to download it she rolled her eyes and asked if it was better than SW app and I said no and she agreed once using it. She prefers paper maps lol. She was never a fan of using the SW app.

Heck I just noticed it doesn't even keep me logged into my account SW did that and I didn't have to log in constantly.

It is clunky. Like filters don't keep, it starts on map and not list and you can't change this it seems, you can't look at future date show times, I don't see where you can get directions to an attraction, etc. Honestly Sea World App wasn't the best but Universal is proving worse. Now some of it is because SW had separate apps for each park so they didn't need filtering. But the directions to an attraction I feel are key when you go from paper to app because the zooming in and out since it is a smaller space gets annoying. Us older folks are probably not bringing reading glasses to the parks which makes the smaller area for a map harder too.

Now I will admit I have only been using it for about a week, but so far it seems less advance than SW one which is REALLY sad as I complained about SW one all the time. And it isn't my age, when I told my daughter (she is 13) to download it she rolled her eyes and asked if it was better than SW app and I said no and she agreed once using it. She prefers paper maps lol. She was never a fan of using the SW app.

Heck I just noticed it doesn't even keep me logged into my account SW did that and I didn't have to log in constantly.
The login issue seems to be an on and off thing. There are times where I have to log in everytime I get on, and there's times where it keeps me logged in for the entire week. Definitely strange!

I will say, I think paper maps are more beneficial for HHN in general - since the event draws people that don't normally go to the park during the day and have NO clue where they're going.

The Pop Tart mascot sacrificing itself via toaster in the Citrus Bowl stadium went so viral ... it really does deserve an unofficial cameo at HHN

Would fit in if a certain recent scare zone gets a sequel
I have no idea what you’re talking about…

Reactions: Ahmanet
Horror movies/horror adjacent movies with anniversaries in 2024:

‪Saw (20th)‬
‪Alien (45th)‬
‪Gremlins (40th)‬
‪It Follows (10th)‬
‪The Mummy (25th)‬
‪Ghostbusters (40th)‬
‪The Sixth Sense (25th)‬
‪The Blair Witch Project (25th)‬
‪A Nightmare on Elm Street (40th)‬
‪The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (50th)‬

Gremlins has been on the rumor train for a few years now. Maybe this is the year.

I’d also love a Nightmare on Elm Street house again. 17 was my first year, so it would be very nostalgic.

Could Saw be in play since they had X in 2023 and XI in 2024?