Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinfoil hat theory: does anyone think this year's Universal Monsters is going to tie into the upcoming Dark Universe land? The symbol on the map is the female symbol with the Bride of Frankenstein hair. However, the main character of the new Monsters land is Victoria Frankenstein. The story of the Monsters Unchained ride is that she's captured all the monsters already, could this maze be about her pursuit to round up the monsters?
This year’s monsters is rumored to be a spiritual sequel to Bride. Victoria may appear, but only as an Easter egg more than anything.

I couldn't imagine them staying open until 6, but .. maybe they'd just gradually start shutting down areas of the park at 4:30ish? So by 5:30ish the only area people can access is Minion Land. :lmao:

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
I couldn't imagine them staying open until 6, but .. maybe they'd just gradually start shutting down areas of the park at 4:30ish? So by 5:30ish the only area people can access is Minion Land. :lmao:
Honestly they could shut down the back parts at 5 and the front parts at 6pm. All the rides with any sort of line they need to clear are in the back not front part. It would also help with the stay and scream as they wouldn't have to head there until 6pm meaning less waiting in the hot sun. The sweep is what takes awhile, but if you phase sweep it. HP and Simpsons/MIB shuts down at 5pm, Dreamworks and Mummy at 5:30pm and then 6pm is everything else. So you are pushing people naturally to the front of the park and then exit.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Honestly they could shut down the back parts at 5 and the front parts at 6pm. All the rides with any sort of line they need to clear are in the back not front part. It would also help with the stay and scream as they wouldn't have to head there until 6pm meaning less waiting in the hot sun. The sweep is what takes awhile, but if you phase sweep it. HP and Simpsons/MIB shuts down at 5pm, Dreamworks and Mummy at 5:30pm and then 6pm is everything else. So you are pushing people naturally to the front of the park and then exit.
30 minutes is not enough to clear the front of the area for the masses that descend upon the front gate for HHN. Historically they've tried to get the event up and running ~15 minutes beforehand, so the park open later would actually strain ops even more.

It's definitely a glitch, but it's been two weeks and it's poor guest service to leave it as is for those planning trips not related to HHN.

30 minutes is not enough to clear the front of the area for the masses that descend upon the front gate for HHN. Historically they've tried to get the event up and running ~15 minutes beforehand, so the park open later would actually strain ops even more.

It's definitely a glitch, but it's been two weeks and it's poor guest service to leave it as is for those planning trips not related to HHN.
They could also move to the system Disney uses where you get a band and they continue to clear non-banded people out of the park after the switch. I have been at Disney several times for switchover and I jump into a line right before close and come out and security is everywhere and if you do not have a band you are pushed to the front of the park. It honestly is a much smoother transition and them having 30 minutes in between would give them extra time to get kids out before scare zones really start. They had huge issues with stay and scream and wonder if they are coming up with solutions where turnover is faster.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
They could also move to the system Disney uses where you get a band and they continue to clear non-banded people out of the park after the switch. I have been at Disney several times for switchover and I jump into a line right before close and come out and security is everywhere and if you do not have a band you are pushed to the front of the park. It honestly is a much smoother transition and them having 30 minutes in between would give them extra time to get kids out before scare zones really start. They had huge issues with stay and scream and wonder if they are coming up with solutions where turnover is faster.
That could theoretically work, but like you mentioned, it's a gamble since the event needs to have scare actors in place.

HHN definitely needs to reconsider S&S operations though. With DreamWorks now open, would love to see them close off the entire area along with Animal Actors for additional shade/queuing space. I can easily see them use the extended E.T. queue to house a house entrance under the canopy (at least for S&S) to at least keep folks from waiting in the sun like the Central Park queue last year.

I wonder if anyone has ever successfully hidden in a bathroom stall in order to get into HHN for free

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
That would be a epic fustercluck. That would require that everybody for HHN be given a wrist band as they enter the park.

So either you have to have the gate people put down their scanner after each time they use it to put a wrist band on each person, probably at least tripling the time spent for guest who knows what they're doing (there's no hope for the morons who are SHOCKED they need to show their tickets after waiting in line seeing every single person in front of them use their tickets and have to go digging through purses and backpacks to find them).

Or, you have to give each person a wristband and tell them to put it on themselves which is always a disaster. I go to local races a lot and you pay for your entry, they give you wrist band and you enter...and every single person stops the second they walk through the gate to put it on and just cause a massive bottleneck and it's just dozens of people. Having thousands of people trying to enter the parks at 6:30 and all wanting to go into the first house 100 feet into the park and needing to have a wrist band to enter the line...you're just asking for a disaster. With a lot of people "pregaming" and already having their drink on when they get there just makes it an even worse situation.

Then you'd also have the potential situation of a family with a double wide stroller trying to "go against the flow" and get out of the park...with scary monsters scaring the kids.

HHN is such a different beast from day time operations that a "gradual changeover" spilling into the event isn't practical.

Pinhead said on Reddit there will be one IP zone. He clarified he doesn’t know what it is, he just knows there will be one. With the Insult Emporium rumors, could it be a Chucky zone again? Could it be Blumhouse to pair with Insidious? Something out of left field?

Pinhead said on Reddit there will be one IP zone. He clarified he doesn’t know what it is, he just knows there will be one. With the Insult Emporium rumors, could it be a Chucky zone again? Could it be Blumhouse to pair with Insidious? Something out of left field?

I've heard Hollywood's tram is Blumhouse. Wouldn't shock me if they worked out a dual coast deal, with Orlando getting a Blumhouse-centered zone.

After checking the website, looks like the premium night is still available. I'm honestly shocked by that especially since a RIP tour is 450, this premium night seems like its worth it for those going 1 or 2 nights, as you get all the perks of an RIP tour for $100 less

Reactions: SeventyOne
After checking the website, looks like the premium night is still available. I'm honestly shocked by that especially since a RIP tour is 450, this premium night seems like its worth it for those going 1 or 2 nights, as you get all the perks of an RIP tour for $100 less
Except it’s not “all the perks of RIP.” The two big perks is unadulterated front of the line access and tour guide. Prem Night doesn’t provide either.

Tweeted at them... and another vague response:

"....Universal Studios Florida will close prior to Halloween Horror Nights, which will take place on select nights from 6:30PM to 2:00AM. Current park hours..." (sends you link to main park hours page that show 6PM closures).

Edit: I'm sure it's an error, as I don't see how logistically they can run the event at 6:30 and close USF at 6 lol"
Theory time:
They close USF at 6:30 but close the back of the park earlier and just do one BIG S&S area back there.
They could open all the tents at the same time for S&S while the SS houses get ready as normal day guests are leaving.

But I don’t see what viable purpose this whole thing would support so I see it as unlikely anyway.

Theory time:
They close USF at 6:30 but close the back of the park earlier and just do one BIG S&S area back there.
They could open all the tents at the same time for S&S while the SS houses get ready as normal day guests are leaving.

But I don’t see what viable purpose this whole thing would support so I see it as unlikely anyway.
They already close the back of the park at like 3 or 3:30. I think the only next step would be don't open it at all during the day.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I think the “6:30” solution is simpler than what people are making it. The event has started at 6/6:30 for the last fifteen years, because that’s when early entry opened up. That was always before the event itself “officially” opened. People with HHN tickets get corralled and are give bracelets while the rest of the park clears.

They’ve done it before.

It'll be interesting to see how it does.

Assuming the interval between groups is 30 seconds, and the avg. group size is 2.5 guests, each house would have a 300 hourly capacity, or about 3K a night... so is 2-2.5K the capacity for the night? (Assuming Universal wants everyone to do all houses).

I think the “6:30” solution is simpler than what people are making it. The event has started at 6/6:30 for the last fifteen years, because that’s when early entry opened up. That was always before the event itself “officially” opened. People with HHN tickets get corralled and are give bracelets while the rest of the park clears.

They’ve done it before.
Back when the event's attendance was a fraction of today's crowds. Stay & Scream these last few years have been ridicously busy. Not saying it can't work, but HHN is a different monster today crowd-wise than in the past.

It'll be interesting to see how it does.

Assuming the interval between groups is 30 seconds, and the avg. group size is 2.5 guests, each house would have a 300 hourly capacity, or about 3K a night... so is 2-2.5K the capacity for the night? (Assuming Universal wants everyone to do all houses).

Back when the event's attendance was a fraction of today's crowds. Stay & Scream these last few years have been ridicously busy. Not saying it can't work, but HHN is a different monster today crowd-wise than in the past.
30 second pulsing is waaaayyy too long. It's probably closer to 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.