Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blumhouse is budget, middle-of-the-road horror.
What's that supposed to mean? Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw, Halloween, Hellraiser, Saw, etc (the titans of horror) didn't exactly have $100m budgets that were marketed as blockbusters. Horror movies are always famous for the low budgets because it doesn't matter who the "cannon fodder" is for the baddie to kill, they just had to be able to die on camera...and show their boobs if they're females. Just plug and play with the cutest up and comers and spend a lot of money on practical special effects and you print money.

They wouldn’t have to go all that Purge heavy if they didn’t want to. I’m sure Purge will be there but there’s plenty of other films to pull stuff from instead of just making it a Purge zone.
- Sinister
- Ouiji
- Black Phone
- Us
- Freaky
- Happy Death Day
- M3GAN
- Night Swim
- Exorcist Believer
- Imaginary(?)
Just off the top of my head.

They wouldn’t have to go all that Purge heavy if they didn’t want to. I’m sure Purge will be there but there’s plenty of other films to pull stuff from instead of just making it a Purge zone.
- Sinister
- Ouiji
- Black Phone
- Us
- Freaky
- Happy Death Day
- M3GAN
- Night Swim
- Exorcist Believer
- Imaginary(?)
Just off the top of my head.
Seven of those have had houses. M3GAN will supposedly have a dance troop elsewhere. Do Swim and Ouiji even have monsters, or would Universal need to build a scary swimming pool?

If the higher-ups need a Blumhouse zone (and this years feels a bit like someone with decision making power panicked over the lack of IPs), stick it in San Fran. Maybe it still will be.

• Haha
Reactions: Kichkinet85
Seven of those have had houses.
If already being in a house eliminates you from this zone then Purge won’t be in it either and it’ll be a very very barren zone lmao. In other words that requirement you’ve made up likely isn’t real. Nor does M3GAN being in a troupe mean she won’t be in the zone. In fact, now if they wanted to they could just have the troupe show up only in the zone instead of just randomly around the park.

If already being in a house eliminates you from this zone then Purge won’t be in it either and it’ll be a very very barren zone lmao. In other words that requirement you’ve made up likely isn’t real. Nor does M3GAN being in a troupe mean she won’t be in the zone. In fact, now if they wanted to they could just have the troupe show up only in the zone instead of just randomly around the park.
I’m not making up requirements, I’m voicing an opinion as to what would make an interesting zone. At a bare minimum, you’d hope characters in a scarezone met at least ONE of the following criteria: 1) original to the event 2) visually interesting 3) from a genuinely classic/ iconic franchise. The Blumhouse characters don’t meet any of them.

Yeah, as far as zones are concerned you’re not going to do better than Purge in the Blumhouse canon. Make of that what you will.
I mean yeah I wasn’t arguing that Purge wouldn’t be in the zone or anything I was saying that they wouldn’t need to make it an exclusively Purge or even Purge dominated zone if they didn’t want to. Plenty of other characters and films to pull from.

Yeah, as far as zones are concerned you’re not going to do better than Purge in the Blumhouse canon. Make of that what you will.

It's gonna be mostly Purge with the Butcher from Freaky, Babyface from Happy Death Day, and the Grabber from The Black Phone. If we're lucky, we'll get Baghuul and maybe some Insidious demons. I'd be surprised if they try to send M3GAN or the Exorcist Believer girls out there with how female-presenting popular horror characters tend to get treated. (If M3GAN's there, and I assume she will be in some capacity, she'll either be locked to a stage or participate in a dance troupe.)

It's gonna be mostly Purge with the Butcher from Freaky, Babyface from Happy Death Day, and the Grabber from The Black Phone. If we're lucky, we'll get Baghuul and maybe some Insidious demons. I'd be surprised if they try to send M3GAN or the Exorcist Believer girls out there with how female-presenting popular horror characters tend to get treated. (If M3GAN's there, and I assume she will be in some capacity, she'll either be locked to a stage or participate in a dance troupe.)
I'm guessing this zone will essentially become the central location for the M3GAN dance troupe.

It's gonna be mostly Purge with the Butcher from Freaky, Babyface from Happy Death Day, and the Grabber from The Black Phone. If we're lucky, we'll get Baghuul and maybe some Insidious demons.
I'd love to see them lean more heavily into their demon canon. Even some of their worst films (Annabelle, Annabelle, Annabelle!) have some killer monster designs used for, approximately, 3 seconds. But I suspect you're right -- it's Babyface, Grabber, Butcher and whatever we call the Miley Cyrus Murder Troupe from whichever Purge film that was.