Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 299 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didnt see the bit of Dueling Dragons where the fire and ice demons were battling each other across the house path with their magic until about the 3rd or 4th night I went last year and it became my favorite bit from the house. Would have missed it if not for repeat runs.
oh yeah I only saw the little dragon claw coming out of the little window later on. or I only noticed that the clown heads turned in Oddfellow later on . that clown head turning on its own was a big scare, freaked me out.
on bloodmoon I never noticed how an actress would just stared at you in the courtyard.
that was a big scare too.

Reactions: amar831 and Grabnar
"FREQUENT FEAR PLUS PASS WITH HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS EXPRESS PASS IS SOLD OUT"

WTH! They just went on sale!

I didn't even get a chance to buy mine! Going to have to cancel another vacation package I bought I guess.

Last edited:
Weak economy, weak IPs, epic opens in the spring, I bet universal is just trying to induce demand by limiting supply, meaning all tickets will be available soon

Weak economy, weak IPs, epic opens in the spring, I bet universal is just trying to induce demand by limiting supply, meaning all tickets will be available soon

Could be. Just in case they don't go back on sale I went ahead and got a ROF+E. Was able to save some money and get a couple more days at HHN so it worked out! :relieved:

Last edited:
It’s not. You can argue about how they handled the roll out til the cows come home but it’s literally them making Express the luxury benefit it should be.

Replying to your and @MrRoamer's tweets earlier, I do think the lack of "notice" is the biggest issue here. Leaving a bad taste in the mouth of long-time fans all over social media and IRL.

I think a lot of that will be forgiven IF the Defunctland thesis plays out and we see standby lines generally top out at, say, 40 minutes or less. (Snark aside, a big part of that will be reigning in GAC like they did a few years ago). Things had gotten to the "if everyone has Express no one does" level and this should alleviate a lot of the standby backups that caused. I think fans will view that positively, especially if the houses deliver.

But if that was the plan -- why not just announce that? Admit they're trying to address the biggest complaint year after year? Better yet, in addition limit all multi-night Express sales to UFF--keep as many of their biggest whales as possible happy while promising other long-time fans a fair trade-off for the lack of semi-affordable (for lack of a better term) Express. Snatched a PR blunder from the jaws of a potential PR win,

you know,
if universal does not want people to hang out in the streets or the zones and if they don't want hhn to become a hangout spot,
why offer 30 days in a ffp ticket for people to hang out at hhn?
feel like I'm taking crazy pills..... isn't universal shooting itself on the foot by continuing ffp tickets on sale?
I truly don't get this. why allow them to enter the park for 30 days?

and I know someone could reply to me with :
" but you are NOT supposed to visit all 30 days"
or "because most people never use all 30 days, most people are busy"
or "universal expects you to skip some of those days "

but why give the option to begin with?
it's like, why even tempt people? specially kids and teens, they dont have jobs. their parents are more than happy to drop them off at universal every hhn day. that's literally what I did in 2007 and 2008..........

everyone always brings up how teens are such a huge problem.... but universal literally provides them with multiple access....

But if that was the plan -- why not just announce that?
Ticketing infrastructure probably can’t handle the load

feel like I'm taking crazy pills..... isn't universal shooting itself on the foot by continuing ffp tickets on sale?
Universal doesn’t want people coming 30 days and using all 10 express passes every night

Last edited:
I never in a hundred years would have guessed that there'd be a multiple-pages long discussion about whether it's worth doing HHN houses multiple times

In the HHN thread

Some truly astounding stuff this spec season
This forum: spends 10 months on endless speculation and grasping at any vague clue posted on twitter.

Also this forum: ONce peR hOusE iS fINe

Replying to your and @MrRoamer's tweets earlier, I do think the lack of "notice" is the biggest issue here. Leaving a bad taste in the mouth of long-time fans all over social media and IRL.

I think a lot of that will be forgiven IF the Defunctland thesis plays out and we see standby lines generally top out at, say, 40 minutes or less. (Snark aside, a big part of that will be reigning in GAC like they did a few years ago). Things had gotten to the "if everyone has Express no one does" level and this should alleviate a lot of the standby backups that caused. I think fans will view that positively, especially if the houses deliver.

But if that was the plan -- why not just announce that? Admit they're trying to address the biggest complaint year after year? Better yet, in addition limit all multi-night Express sales to UFF--keep as many of their biggest whales as possible happy while promising other long-time fans a fair trade-off for the lack of semi-affordable (for lack of a better term) Express. Snatched a PR blunder from the jaws of a potential PR win,
I get why people wanted a heads-up (and don't disagree that there should have been one), but I honestly don't think it would magically fix things either. There are always going to be people who walk away empty-handed. Look at every Ticketmaster sale ever. The event is given an on-sale time, the sites get overloaded (and often crash), only a few people get tickets, and most people walk away furious at the site & situation because they failed to secure tickets before they sold out.

Most complaints I've seen could be summarized as "the worst people you know throwing a tantrum over not getting preferential treatment and threatening never to spend their -insert high amount of money- at this business ever again with a dash of self-reporting about berating innocent customer support agents". These people would throw a fit no matter what if they failed to snag their tickets whether they had a heads up or not.

I've seen numerous tweets saying FFP holders deserve express more than single-day visitors. I've seen countless people saying Universal owes them because they've been consistent FFP holders for several years. And so on. I simply don't feel bad that some people can't shell out exuberant amounts of money to be better than every else for the entirety of the event. The model was unsustainable and something had to give. For 99% of guests, this is a massive win. Let the 1% whine. Nobody needs 50 days of express access to enjoy an event.