Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Focus first on DreamWorks Animation/Parade/Nighttime Show, then focus on HHN.
Didn't even consider the DreamWorks land forgot about that lol. I hope that's not the case regardless, but considering how much stuff they've got coming I wouldn't be surprised if HHN stuff does get announced later than usual. Would be happier if they did announcements like usual (March/April - dates/first house announcement, May, June than July/August for the last batch of house announcements) but it is what it is I guess

Yeah, given how crowded Universal's announcement slate is I anticipate the announcements coming a bit later if the timeline changes at all.

Like--there are things that makes sense to get out early, like dates; General Admission and hotel packages, but I don't think we'll really get anything on Lineups until once Late June comes into play.

They have a lot on their plate, and it makes sense if things have to get pushed back (though I wonder if Hollywood might announce their dates alongside Orlando's this year). Both Coasts are gonna have things that will need to take the forefront over HHN.

Predictions:

Mid January - Mardi Gras lineup announcement
End of January (already confirmed by Tomfoolery) - EU news
March 10th (MAR10) - SNW news
Late March (usual timeframe) - "HHN Tickets and Packages Now On Sale"
Early April - Parade/Nighttime Show Announced
Late April - HHN IP Announcement
Early May - Another EU Land Announcement
Mid May (same timeline as Minion Land additional details) - "All-New Details on DreamWorks Land, Opening This Summer at Universal Studios Florida"
Early June - HHN IP Announcement
Mid/Late June - "EU Preview Store - Now Open!"
Early July - Another EU Land Announcement
Mid July (usual timeframe) - "HHN Multi-Night Tickets Now On Sale" + IP Announcement
Very Late July/Early August (usual timeframe) - HHN Full Lineup Announcement

---

Something like that. And maybe add an announcement for the rumored new seasonal event if it hasn't been cut lol.

It's definitely going to be a busy one, but I think we may be overestimating how hard they space some of this out. For example, July 2023 looked like this:

- 7/13: HHN Multi-Night Tickets On Sale, Dates Extended, and Stranger Things
- 7/14: Universal Orlando reveals new details on Villain-Con Minion Blast
- 7/20: Dreamworks Land announcement
- 7/24: Rock The Universe announcement
- 7/28: HHN Full Lineup announced
- 7/31: Minion Land opening date announcemed

Last edited:
Predictions:

Mid/Late January - Mardi Gras lineup announcement
End of January (already confirmed by Tomfoolery) - EU news
March 10th (MAR10) - SNW news
Late March (usual timeframe) - "HHN Tickets and Packages Now On Sale"
Early April - Parade/Nighttime Show Announced
Late April - HHN IP Announcement
Early May - Another EU Land Announcement
Mid May (same timeline as Minion Land additional details) - "All-New Details on DreamWorks Land, Opening This Summer at Universal Studios Florida"
Early June - HHN IP Announcement
Mid/Late June - "EU Preview Store - Now Open!"
Early July - Another EU Land Announcement
Mid July (usual timeframe) - "HHN Multi-Night Tickets Now On Sale" + IP Announcement
Very Late July/Early August (usual timeframe) - HHN Full Lineup Announcement

---

Something like that. And maybe add an announcement for the rumored new seasonal event if it hasn't been cut lol.

It's definitely going to be a busy one, but I think we may be overestimating how hard they space some of this out. For example, July 2023 looked like this:

- 7/13: HHN Multi-Night Tickets On Sale, Dates Extended, and Stranger Things
- 7/14: Universal Orlando reveals new details on Villain-Con Minion Blast
- 7/20: Dreamworks Land announcement
- 7/24: Rock The Universe announcement
- 7/28: HHN Full Lineup announced
- 7/31: Minion Land opening date announcemed
This sounds about right.

Can I at least get dates in February? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm just wondering how they're going to go about announcing/advertising HHN 33 since this year is the big marketing push for Epic Universe. Hopefully we get dates/ticket sales (house announcements too hopefully) a little earlier than usual but I dont know lol
There won't be that big a push this year. Remember, normies plan their vacations 3 to 6 months out. The last thing Universal wants is a bunch of 2024 Spring Breakers looking for Mario only to be told "Yeah, that's only open for an AP preview, which filled up in 30 seconds."

The real issue is locals -- who will no doubt be aware of EU by end of Summer -- deciding to hold off on AP renewal until EU opens in 2024. But I don't see how an early announcement does any good there as much as having a couple "killer app" IPs announced mid-Summer would.

This sounds about right.

Can I at least get dates in February? LOL

While I have no clue what ticketing might look like, I'd be comfortable putting down a large sum of money HHN opens August 30.

There won't be that big a push this year. Remember, normies plan their vacations 3 to 6 months out.
News this month, probably more news/announcements sprinkled throughout the next few months, Preview Center in the summer, park tickets and hotel reservations (two of the hotels Stella-Nova/Terra-Nova are already booking reservations!) being available at some point before the year ends... Definitely not a big push sureeeee

While I have no clue what ticketing might look like, I'd be comfortable putting down a large sum of money HHN opens August 30.
August 30th to November 4th... please Universal pleaseeeee lol

It's totally still possible we get another Frank Vs Wolf / Bride Vs Bride coastal split like HHN30, but they've seemed to want to coordinate in previous years. I'm curious to see what happens.
Slight correction, the split happened in 2019, when Hollywood did Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman and Orlando did their take on Hollywood’s Universal Monsters mashup house from 2018.

2020/2021 it was always planned to be The Bride of Frankenstein Lives on both coasts.

I know I'll probably get laughed out of the forums for this, but since it's so early in the season, may as well-

What about Scream? Yeah I know there's been tons of issues in the past, but clearly the property is in shambles right now with all the Scream 7 drama. What better way for Spyglass to shift the property back into a positive light than to reset the media cycle, lending the rights to HHN and just market the heck out it; make people remember WHY they loved Scream in the first place and why it was so popular to get resurrected in 2022- and maybe, those plans can tie into whatever they have planned for Scream 7.

Now I know HHN 33 has already been planned for months, so maybe it doesn't make it this year- but last minute IPs have happened before. I'm not even sure how excited I would be for Scream at HHN, to be honest- but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Universal can swoop in as the "white knight" to help re-invigorate interest in Scream. Maybe Spyglass is more willing to negotiate because *broadly gestures at all Scream headlines for the last few months* and Universal knows they can potentially get a white-whale IP with much less resistance than previously, and come out looking like the good guys that "saved" Scream.

Tear me apart if you must, and again I don't really believe that this is something that could happen- but I think it might be worthy of at least a bit of discourse.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I know I'll probably get laughed out of the forums for this, but since it's so early in the season, may as well-

What about Scream? Yeah I know there's been tons of issues in the past, but clearly the property is in shambles right now with all the Scream 7 drama. What better way for Spyglass to shift the property back into a positive light than to reset the media cycle, lending the rights to HHN and just market the heck out it; make people remember WHY they loved Scream in the first place and why it was so popular to get resurrected in 2022- and maybe, those plans can tie into whatever they have planned for Scream 7.

Now I know HHN 33 has already been planned for months, so maybe it doesn't make it this year- but last minute IPs have happened before. I'm not even sure how excited I would be for Scream at HHN, to be honest- but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Universal can swoop in as the "white knight" to help re-invigorate interest in Scream. Maybe Spyglass is more willing to negotiate because *broadly gestures at all Scream headlines for the last few months* and Universal knows they can potentially get a white-whale IP with much less resistance than previously, and come out looking like the good guys that "saved" Scream.

Tear me apart if you must, and again I don't really believe that this is something that could happen- but I think it might be worthy of at least a bit of discourse.

I think we're more likely to see Scream buried by Spyglass for a few years to try to let all of the bad press die out than we are to see them try to rehab it with a nostalgia play in a haunted house. Ironically, I think we're more likely to get Scream now than we were before, but I think we're looking at HHN 35 or 36 at the earliest.

I wish, but I'll be honest, I don't think we will ever see Scream at the event. Just seems like it's one of those things that isn't meant to be lol

Reactions: GA-MBIT
August 30th to November 4th... please Universal pleaseeeee lol
Could’ve sworn Universal already struggles to get the event ready for a September opening.

Opening September 6 and ending November 3 (the 4th is a Monday lol) gives them 43 nights. Which is the same number of nights as HHN 31. They could also add October 29 later on, bumping it to 44 nights.

Could’ve sworn Universal already struggles to get the event ready for a September opening.

Opening September 6 and ending November 3 (the 4th is a Monday lol) gives them 43 nights. Which is the same number of nights as HHN 31. They could also add October 29 later on, bumping it to 44 nights.
Last year they didn't really struggle outside of the normal rough first few days for operations. Only thing that really impacted HHN last year were adjustments for Chucky and some of the Yeti costumes. Opening Night started with a storm that came out of nowhere, so it took them a while to get zones up.

Yeah, I think the decision will come down to whether or not they want to include Labor Day weekend in the event. My gut says no, because they don't need the attendance boost on what's already a holiday weekend. But I can understand it either way!

Yeah, I think the decision will come down to whether or not they want to include Labor Day weekend in the event. My gut says no, because they don't need the attendance boost on what's already a holiday weekend. But I can understand it either way!
HHN has started on Labor Day weekend the past 2 years...

I also don't see them extending the event past October 31st. No need to extend far into November, maybe they add Nov 1/2 since it's a Friday-Saturday, but last year's November nights were dead quiet. Saturday was busy, but mostly due to all the FF pass members being there.

Fun Data
  • The busiest HHN night in Orlando was the 16th of September, and the slowest was the November Friday.
  • Busiest overall weekend was 9/21-9/24 for the last week of Rush of Fear access, no weekend came close to that after
  • The week before Halloween (typically 2nd busiest weekend after "hell week") was slow... might indicate HHN has hit a price ceiling on 1-night tickets?
1705545795496.png

Last edited:
I am not sure universal has a deal early on with ticket sales that is good enough to buy before I know what the multi night deal is. I only go one night these days since they upped the multi night prices for passholders and want to know when to avoid all the cheapest multi night passholders. I would just book for the November last weekend but the problem is Disney and sea world are both much cheaper in the early weeks negating a better experience late for the universal event.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95