Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s disappointing that the “Heart of Horror” / cocoon-thing teaser seems to have amounted to nothing… but also kinda on-brand.

Genuinely thought that was meant to be the Rotting Stone when Deadly Exhibits was announced. But now that we've seen photos, the in-house object doesn't look much like that.

Then again, look at how the Chupacabras wound up vs. what was originally pictured on merch. :relieved:

It’s disappointing that the “Heart of Horror” / cocoon-thing teaser seems to have amounted to nothing… but also kinda on-brand.
It's extremely disappointing that one of the biggest Halloween events in the country (that draws a LOT of money for the parks) has people that come up with original ideas. They even start the original ideas, and then they just completely abandon them.

Why? Because they're too complex for the general public? Because they're expensive? Because they don't matter and people will come anyway?

It's extremely disappointing that one of the biggest Halloween events in the country (that draws a LOT of money for the parks) has people that come up with original ideas. They even start the original ideas, and then they just completely abandon them.

Why? Because they're too complex for the general public? Because they're expensive? Because they don't matter and people will come anyway?

From my understanding - it was always planned for marketing and nothing more.

It would be super cool if they stuck something on the arches to represent the monster. Ideally 3D cut out foam with a mechanical eye in the middle that moves around (or is a roaming spotlight), but that seems unlikely. I'd even be happy with a wall cling put up that makes it appear, in a flat way, that the beast was still represented on the arches. Or some projection mapping on the arches like the Acid Assault Zone that makes it look like the arches are overtaken by the monster.

It would be super cool if they stuck something on the arches to represent the monster. Ideally 3D cut out foam with a mechanical eye in the middle that moves around (or is a roaming spotlight), but that seems unlikely. I'd even be happy with a wall cling put up that makes it appear, in a flat way, that the beast was still represented on the arches. Or some projection mapping on the arches like the Acid Assault Zone that makes it look like the arches are overtaken by the monster.
That would be really cool. I would love it. It’s highly unlikely. I would love for them to do something like that again.

From my understanding - it was always planned for marketing and nothing more.
I get it. I just sucks that it was relegated to some brief flashes in the announcement videos. Although, with the arches being used, maybe it will be an ongoing element to their campaigns.

This was my worry and why from the very beginning I couldn't get super invested in the whole concept. It's too cool, and it seemed like it was building off of the underground bunker ads from the past few years which was really awesome. But Uni has proven time and time again that they'll just ditch interesting concepts whenever they feel like it, and Marketing / A&D have no motivation to work together on much of anything.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
With a house, a zone, AND the Coconut Club, Universal is now actively turning me against Blumhouse with the oversaturation. I used to think of them as a very interesting studio from a Hollywood business standpoint that produced middle-of-the-road horror that occasionally rose to the level of mildly amusing. I’m now starting to dread any mention of them.

With a house, a zone, AND the Coconut Club, Universal is now actively turning me against Blumhouse with the oversaturation. I used to think of them as a very interesting studio from a Hollywood business standpoint that produced middle-of-the-road horror that occasionally rose to the level of mildly amusing. I’m now starting to dread any mention of them.
I'll give you the mashup zone, but lumping Insidious into the same Blumhouse bucket is like saying Ghostbusters is just a Sony movie and we just had a Sony videogame last year with The Last of Us. They're just the production company in many instances.

I'm actually excited for Dead Coconut. Hollywood was able to have FNAF props and stuff displayed, so there is no reason to think that Orlando, in a well lit, indoor, controlled environment couldn't possibly get them to display as well. Same with other Blumhouse produced movies that rights might be an issue for. If the pieces are owned by Blumhouse, I don't think you'd need the IP rights holders to sign off on exhibiting the. I'd be very interested to see if they have a roped off section {like a museum exhibit) featuring props/costumes/etc from some properties that would never be allowed for a house/zone/show/etc.

Also wouldn't be shocked if the Dead Coconut just had Blumhouse logos randomly thrown up places and the bartenders wore Purge masks and called it a day.

is it because it didn't get the response from the public they were hoping for? ( I'm just wondering)

I'll give you the mashup zone, but lumping Insidious into the same Blumhouse bucket is like saying Ghostbusters is just a Sony movie and we just had a Sony videogame last year with The Last of Us. They're just the production company in many instances.

I'm actually excited for Dead Coconut. Hollywood was able to have FNAF props and stuff displayed, so there is no reason to think that Orlando, in a well lit, indoor, controlled environment couldn't possibly get them to display as well. Same with other Blumhouse produced movies that rights might be an issue for. If the pieces are owned by Blumhouse, I don't think you'd need the IP rights holders to sign off on exhibiting the. I'd be very interested to see if they have a roped off section {like a museum exhibit) featuring props/costumes/etc from some properties that would never be allowed for a house/zone/show/etc.

Also wouldn't be shocked if the Dead Coconut just had Blumhouse logos randomly thrown up places and the bartenders wore Purge masks and called it a day.

yeah it's hard to say, it could turn out very amazing, it could just be a logo or a display near the entrance, or by the bar in the first floor.

I'm kind of excited as well, there's so much they can use. possibilities are really endless. I'm just excited to see what properties they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.