Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should hopefully improve the logistics if the horde comes back. Formalize and announce the schedule. Make sure the actors don’t get mobbed maybe with a dedicated space and better TM handlers.
Oh absolutely. We did 5 nights last year and never once saw the show. The most we got was seeing them in passing after a show ended lol.

Universal presents a pitch on how they intend to adapt the IP. This will include the treatment and some concept art, so the IP holder understands how their license will be presented. The license-holder will approve or adjust before granting the license and the house becomes “locked.” The IP holder will, often times, review and approve treatments, layouts, costumes, etc, throughout the process (though the extent of this depends on the license holder’s preference). The license holder is typically granted final approval, and will do a walk through towards the end of the build to finalize any detail.
I would love to see a documentary or something about this process. Just following it from the beginning stages all the way to the finished product.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Universal presents a pitch on how they intend to adapt the IP. This will include the treatment and some concept art, so the IP holder understands how their license will be presented. The license-holder will approve or adjust before granting the license and the house becomes “locked.” The IP holder will, often times, review and approve treatments, layouts, costumes, etc, throughout the process (though the extent of this depends on the license holder’s preference). The license holder is typically granted final approval, and will do a walk through towards the end of the build to finalize any detail.
Thanks for the details!

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So, a map got uploaded on Twitter (I believe it was one of the Hallow'd Out Horror people). It has already been taken down, and Legacy's response to it on the Reddit Discord:

"That thing is hilariously wrong
Like… so bad"

Although Legacy does make a comment about FNaF I find interesting:
"It’s possible (I don’t know for sure) that Cawthon was fine with it at the event, but had stipulations Universal didn’t or couldn’t meet.
Because exacting stipulations is EXACTLY something Scott Cawthon would have."

So, a map got uploaded on Twitter (I believe it was one of the Hallow'd Out Horror people). It has already been taken down, and Legacy's response to it on the Reddit Discord:

Really makes me think Uni actually did want to put it in a HoB because they either didn’t think the film had enough material for it’s own house or they didn’t want to spend on a whole house worth of what I imagine would be very expensive costumes and Scott either was or currently still is refusing to sign off on it being in a shared house.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Really makes me think Uni actually did want to put it in a HoB because they either didn’t think the film had enough material for it’s own house or they didn’t want to spend on a whole house worth of what I imagine would be very expensive costumes and Scott either was or currently still is refusing to sign off on it being in a shared house.
I imagine it's the costumes.

While I haven't seen the film, I imagine that a great way to lower costs for the house would be to license the Blumhouse film due to the ability to use bloodied human lookalikes to pad out the runtime (like Chucky). Licensing the game wouldn't afford the same opportunity.

So, a map got uploaded on Twitter (I believe it was one of the Hallow'd Out Horror people). It has already been taken down, and Legacy's response to it on the Reddit Discord::
It was not one of Hallow’d Out Horror’s people. It was a map from my fake rumors parody account that purposely posts "rumors" that are obviously wrong.

It was a joke, so ignore it.

Last edited:
This comment is really upsetting people on Reddit. I’ve seen one person post about it two days in a row.

Things happen. If it doesn’t come because the creator has unrealistic expectations of Universal, then he can lose out on the money. HHN will still make plenty of money without the IP.

This comment is really upsetting people on Reddit. I’ve seen one person post about it two days in a row.

Things happen. If it doesn’t come because the creator has unrealistic expectations of Universal, then he can lose out on the money. HHN will still make plenty of money without the IP.
I saw both posts as well. r/HHN is almost as bad as the FB groups lol

While the map may have been a joke, in response to someone on the Discord asking if there was even one thing right on it, Legacy's response was:

"From my understanding… 0"

Which if correct, does actually potentially cancel out quite a few IP's that were listed on it:
-Five Nights at Freddy's
-Wednesday
-Friday the 13th
-Creature from the Black Lagoon

And while not an IP, Poseidon's Fury was listed on the map as well.

Things happen. If it doesn’t come because the creator has unrealistic expectations of Universal, then he can lose out on the money.
It's not surprising that Universal would pass due to difficulties with the creator. Especially after the hassle they went through to bring the big 3 in 2007

NLC had restrictions like: they couldn't be seen together, couldn't be "outside" in a SZ or show, No Jason in the "hall of kills" of NOES or Freddy in F13 (swinging barrel distraction scare), etc

Reactions: TCox91 and Ahmanet
While I would love to see a FNAF house, I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. If we’re being completely honest, would FNAF be a good house outside of just plain fan service? I mean the heavy suits would make it kinda hard for some good scares.

It would be an incredible shame to see the potential of a FNAF house lost. There will be sequels and second chances, this year is not a make or break moment for the IP at the event by any means, but it would be about as bad as not having IT in 2017/19 or Stranger Things 4 in 2022. Very lucrative, popular, relevant, and heavily fan-requested IP to lose for the event.

Creature is a shame to see as well. Again, not the final chance for a CftBL house at all, but now that we've gone through just about every monster once over, Creature would be a fun way to complete the set and give some unique lakeside/bayou/aquatic-type scares we haven't seen from the monster houses since the original 29 house. The last two "Boat" houses we got were Dead Waters and Dead Man's Wake, two of the most beautiful houses we've seen in recent years. Would've been incredibly funny and cool to see the third "Beautiful Boat facade" house be given to doofy Creature. Curious to see the fate of the UCM this year at HHN.

It would be an incredible shame to see the potential of a FNAF house lost. There will be sequels and second chances, this year is not a make or break moment for the IP at the event by any means, but it would be about as bad as not having IT in 2017/19 or Stranger Things 4 in 2022. Very lucrative, popular, relevant, and heavily fan-requested IP to lose for the event.

Creature is a shame to see as well. Again, not the final chance for a CftBL house at all, but now that we've gone through just about every monster once over, Creature would be a fun way to complete the set and give some unique lakeside/bayou/aquatic-type scares we haven't seen from the monster houses since the original 29 house. The last two "Boat" houses we got were Dead Waters and Dead Man's Wake, two of the most beautiful houses we've seen in recent years. Would've been incredibly funny and cool to see the third "Beautiful Boat facade" house be given to doofy Creature. Curious to see the fate of the UCM this year at HHN.
I've seen quite a few people shocked that Creature isn't coming. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone tbh. Murdy basically deconfirmed it a while ago and with Monsters being a shared property, it's safe to assume that Creature isn't in the cards for Orlando either.
While I would love to see a FNAF house, I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. If we’re being completely honest, would FNAF be a good house outside of just plain fan service? I mean the heavy suits would make it kinda hard for some good scares.
I'm still holding out hope for FNAF. As a diehard fan, losing FNAF would be devastating for me. :pensive:

Yeah, I've had those same thoughts on Creature since the Murdy tweets a few months back, but there was always a chance that Orlando and Hollywood split their UCM offerings again this year like they did awhile back.

Bright side: This clearly just means Uni has to build the Jaws-style Creature expansion in EU to make it up to us. :hmph: Don't leave us hanging!!