Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nope. Has nothing to do with it. Cavity Colors (along with Fright Rags) are just two popular horror tshirt (& more) businesses that produce officially licensed merch. Just look at their huge assortment of IPs popular & obscure.
Yah. I’ve bought a ton of stuff from both of them. I think you missed my point

I’m saying that this shows that the license is likely easy to obtain this year, and the licensor is even pushing the “30th Anniversary” tag

I’m not saying that this confirms any tie in with HHN, just looking at patterns.

I’m saying that this shows that the license is likely easy to obtain this year, and the licensor is even pushing the “30th Anniversary” tag
No point missed. There is a difference between merch license & trying to obtain for an event like HHN (last time in 2007, the big 3 came with too many strings attached)

As for the 30th anniversary angle. It's the best sequel since Dream Warriors, so of course it'll be acknowledged. But it isn't necessarily being "pushed" by NLC/WB. CC is just using it as an excuse to sell limited time merch. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Wait…I feel like this was completely glossed over. Comedy duo live show? Is there a Bill & Ted rumor as well? Then again, “that rumor would make a lot fans unhappy,” doesn’t sound like Bill & Ted. I’m intrigued.
If Nightmare Fuel got replaced with a Comedy Duo show it would make a lot of their fans unhappy.

Reactions: HHNObsession
If Nightmare Fuel got replaced with a Comedy Duo show it would make a lot of their fans unhappy.
I'd take a brand-new show over the fourth iteration of Nightmare Fuel all day every day.
With this current list, if I may start some early location spec/educated guesses:

Ghostbusters (SS22/Exorcist) - This was where the 2019 GB house was located, and that plaza can fill up quite a large queue.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (SS23B/ST4) - This has been the iconic slasher IP location for the past few years (TCM in 2021, Halloween in 2022). Plus, funnily enough, this was where Freddy's last solo house was in 2007 with Dreamwalkers.

Monsters: Dracula (Sprung 3/4 (interchangeable)) - Considering both of the new sprungs seem they're going to be a bit bigger than the current two, I can definitely see them potentially putting Dracula in one of them. I mean, we've seen Ancient Rome put in a sprung before, why not add Transylvania to the gallery?

Didn't add A Quiet Place due to it not being as steady as the other three, but just for fun, if I had to hazard a quick guess then I'd say SS23A/Blood Moon.
A Nightmare On Elm Street - SS 22
Ghostbusters - SS 23B
Universal Monsters - SS 23A
Fourth IP - F&F or Sprung 3/4

Not saying you're wrong, but this just makes more sense imo. I'm not even gonna toy with the idea of a Quiet Place house lol.

No point missed. There is a difference between merch license & trying to obtain for an event like HHN (last time in 2007, the big 3 came with too many strings attached)

As for the 30th anniversary angle. It's the best sequel since Dream Warriors, so of course it'll be acknowledged. But it isn't necessarily being "pushed" by NLC/WB. CC is just using it as an excuse to see limited time merch. Nothing more.
Pushing merchandise is a huge factor for the modern day event.

Dracula, eh? They really have worn that guy out.
This year is giving me 29 vibes, are they going back to an 80s theme? It’s the 40th anniversary of Ghostbusters and Nightmare, so it seems likely.

It’s also the 40th anniversary of another film we all want to see, but I don’t want to say it. I don’t want to be an Iron Maiden.

Also.. this is the 30th anniversary specifically for New Nightmare. I'm not sure that means much in regard to the original NOES coming to the event lol
New Nightmare got a nod in 2007's house (hospital scene). I still say it's best to do an IP original for Freddy just because he's such a flexible slasher (depending on approval from NLC/WB)

Dreamwalkers: Recurring Nightmare - Return to Elm Street

Dracula, eh? They really have worn that guy out.
This year is giving me 29 vibes, are they going back to an 80s theme? It’s the 40th anniversary of Ghostbusters and Nightmare, so it seems likely.

It’s also the 40th anniversary of another film we all want to see, but I don’t want to say it. I don’t want to be an Iron Maiden.
I wonder why they haven't done a 90's year yet.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Yeah I didn’t think of that. That’s fair.
I'd take a brand-new show over the fourth iteration of Nightmare Fuel all day every day.
This! Nothing against those performers, as they kill it every night. I just think that idea has been milked enough. I’m all about a comedy-esque show coming back to the event. This rumor definitely interests me.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Baggy Jeans?? ....I don't even know. My brain goes blank/dead trying to think of the 90s.
That’s kinda the issue with trying to do a “90s” year. Aesthetically, it had a lot of remnants of the (way more interesting) 80s, and the fits and starts of the 2000s. There’s really nothing, graphically, that screams “90s” like the 80s has. It’s biggest claim is music, which you can’t really build marketing solely around.