Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So your telling me…
In all what we have been lead to believe and of course hypothetically….
We could have possibly lost FNaF for Midsidious?

I don't know that we ever actually had FNAF
You can't really LOSE what you never HAD and from my understanding, we never HAD FNaF.

While I understand being disappointed, I really think it’s essential to clarify that, if the rumors are true, it’s possible that Universal never HAD FNaF.

I mentioned that Universal pitches a house to the IP holders, and that pitch will include elements of a treatment and concept art. The development of those things are, on rare occasions, how rumors start. But just because stuff was developed this early, that doesn’t mean that stuff was agreed upon or locked.

In my head they did, don’t mind me I am just in denial, Haha.

That’s why I use the words hypothetically and possibly.
I hope if it IS Insidious then it is based off the original Trilogy. I did not like the Red Door at all.

Reactions: Mashmingingmasher77
If it's the YouTuber i'm thinking of, they're almost always laughably wrong about every HHN statement they make lik

So your telling me…
In all what we have been lead to believe and of course hypothetically….
We could have possibly lost FNaF for Midsidious?

You can't really LOSE what you never HAD and from my understanding, we never HAD FNaF.

The same YouTuber that i think CodeMan is talking about is -i assume- the same person who continues to spout that FNaF is being saved as a Blumhouse headliner for Horrors Unleashed in Vegas, which they also claim is coming in late 2025.

Grains of salt permitting, it does sound interesting, but i think that 2025 mark is early for how much work Universal is doing to wrap up EPIC and how they JUST broke ground on HU in like January. Not to steal EPIC's thunder in any way, i had always assumed HU would be opening in 2026 at the earliest.

(also wanted to chime in that a BEST OF Insidious house sounds alright by me. what's the quote, "it's an older code, sir, but it checks out" ?)

EDIT: it's been brought to my attention that my post is utterly ridiculous in its assumptions, and i apologize.

Who am i to speculate that all the turmoil being heard about EU being delayed behind the scenes would ever directly effect the estimated opening date for a secondary project in a different state that doesn't matter as much to Universal as EU does. Why would anyone suggest that any effort in promoting one property over the other or BOTH at the same time would absolutely result in a conflict of interest for the brand? It's not like THAT makes sense? THAT should REALLY get everyone's attention, huh? Why advertise EU as the #1 Universal-travel-related-experience in 2025 with everything we've got when we can steal our own thunder with news about another experience on the other side of the country? Why wait until 2026 to publicly announce another offering so that you can headline two years in a row without stepping on your own toes? Why would i speculate that being a bad idea from the company that often times it's announcements to not overlap one over another because they're trying to give everything their own time in the sun for appropriate hype?
I'm so dumb.
My bad, guys. :)

Last edited:
excluding Insidious (Fight or Flight); I don’t mind the “potentialities” that Joe brings up.

Especially (and people are gonna be surprised) Beetlejuice; especially for us here in the West due to everything that happened as a result of the pandemic. I really wanted to see what Murdy and co would’ve done with the Bio-Exorcist in a way that I’d be down for.

Hot take

I'd rather have Insidious than almost anything else, including "legacy" IPs- Insidious was the best part of 2015 (for me) and carried most of the first Blumhouse. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the focus on atmospheric jumpscares and not simply recreating key scenes from the franchise verbatim have worked out incredibly well IMO. They STUFFED Sprung 2 with some really cool stuff, and I honestly don't see a way that Insidious doesn't work if it comes to fruition- The Red Door was awful as a movie, but the scares and environments were solid, and would work extremely well either as a standalone or mashup.

they JUST broke ground on HU in like January. Not to steal EPIC's thunder in any way, i had always assumed HU would be opening in 2026 at the earliest.
Just broke ground? Take a look, the building is up & exterior got a coat of paint. That's hardly "just broke ground".

This little side project, in a completely different state, is NOT going to steal any thunder from EU. In fact, they'd most likely have a small advertisement for it somewhere in the venue (even if USH is 4hrs away).

2026 at the earliest? :lol: You can't be serious? This isn't a Disney project. It'll open next year (2025). They just recently opened up the hiring portal (every department) to submit your resume/set up an application for the new project.

In my head they did, don’t mind me I am just in denial, Haha.

That’s why I use the words hypothetically and possibly.
I hope if it IS Insidious then it is based off the original Trilogy. I did not like the Red Door at all.
According to Pinhead over on Reddit, and he admitted this was second hand rumor, Universal reached out but found the creator too much of a pain to work with. Wanted too much creative control or whatever. Grain of salt, but I can't imagine why else they wouldn't want a cultural juggernaut that sells merch.

Re: Insidious. I found the movies dumb. but the lipstick demon staring me down to "Tiptoe thru the Tulips" is still seared in ,my head. One of those IPs that really, really works as a house.

Oof. This spec season is getting rough
Over It Abandon Thread GIF