Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Legacy has put out an HHN spec map that "may or may not have clues".
I think there's a lot of info to be gained from it. For example if you swap the places of Ghostbusters and Monsters from Spec Map v1.0, Legacy's "fake names" kinda line up. The unknown IP, rumored to be The Strangers has a kinda similar name The Traitors (and maybe that's how the titular strangers view their victims), and Around the World in 80 Slays lines up nicely with A Nightmare on Elm Street as Freddy has 79 total kills in the "original" series according to: Freddy Krueger

Kill Count​

• Total - 92
    • Original Timeline - 79
    • Remake Timeline - 6
    • Comics - 7

I think there's a lot of info to be gained from it. For example if you swap the places of Ghostbusters and Monsters from Spec Map v1.0, Legacy's "fake names" kinda line up. The unknown IP, rumored to be The Strangers has a kinda similar name The Traitors (and maybe that's how the titular strangers view their victims), and Around the World in 80 Slays lines up nicely with A Nightmare on Elm Street as Freddy has 79 total kills in the "original" series according to: Freddy Krueger

Kill Count​

• Total - 92
    • Original Timeline - 79
    • Remake Timeline - 6
    • Comics - 7
And here I thought it was just legitimately an April Fool's joke

Reactions: Coolbfitz
The April Fools joke posted on April Fools day was in fact actually not an April Fools joke but posted on April Fools day to seem like an April Fools joke but in reality the April Fools joke posted on April Fools day was in fact the April Fools joke, make sense?

Since I wasn't laughed out of the room with my previous post, took a look at some other Fake Legacy vs Spec v1.0 houses:

What if Latin America isn't Monstrous? What if it's the Oddfellow scarezone with a crashed plane getting the house treatment. The fake house is heavy on aviation themes?

The It's a Wonderful Knife house...I haven't seen the movie, but maybe it's theme ties into what we're expecting with the collector?

Sweets matches up with Conjuring Dark...Maybe Sweet's downfall into evil was the result of him conjuring some demons?

A Quiet Place matches up with Antivirus. How do you cure something that inflicts pain on you when you make noise? You remain silent.

Adding some food for thought about tickets, I was talking to some coworkers and mentioned I go to HHN in September and they were shocked and confused why I would do something relating to Halloween then, so I do think for majority casual fans, there needs to be something like ROF in order to entice them to come earlier.

Adding some food for thought about tickets, I was talking to some coworkers and mentioned I go to HHN in September and they were shocked and confused why I would do something relating to Halloween then, so I do think for majority casual fans, there needs to be something like ROF in order to entice them to come earlier.
If there's one ticket that will be impacted this year... it's ROF. Universal has already enticed people to come earlier... and it's working very well.

September was busier than October last year. There was a pretty significant drop in attendance once ROF passes were finished last year. It was pretty incredible to visit HHN during what is typically the busiest weeks (the week leading up to Halloween) be a pleasant experience. Late October HHN nights felt like September from a few years ago.

The busiest weekend at HHN was in September... it was quite remarkable to see.
1712078692296.png

Last edited:
If there's one ticket that will be impacted this year... it's ROF. Universal has already enticed people to come earlier... and it's working very well.

September was busier than October last year. There was a pretty significant drop in attendance once ROF passes were finished last year. It was pretty incredible to visit HHN during what is typically the busiest weeks (the week leading up to Halloween) be a pleasant experience. Late October HHN nights felt like September from a few years ago.

The busiest weekend at HHN was in September... it was quite remarkable to see.
Yes it was busier in September, but if they remove ROF why would people go in September vs October? I’m sure they will increase the price of ROF a higher percent compared to other passes, which will make it seem less like a value for locals/frequent visitors, therefore spreading out the crowds back to October. It’s also important to note that Stranger Things and LTOU were major IP pulls, which might’ve created a different demographic compared to years past.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Yes it was busier in September, but if they remove ROF why would people go in September vs October? I’m sure they will increase the price of ROF a higher percent compared to other passes, which will make it seem less like a value for locals/frequent visitors, therefore spreading out the crowds back to October. It’s also important to note that Stranger Things and LTOU were major IP pulls, which might’ve created a different demographic compared to years past.
Not saying to get rid of ROF, but it certainly looks like they might have hit a price ceiling on single-night tickets in late October, pushing people into September/Early October. Wouldn't surprise me to see more expensive nights earlier on in the event to discourage that from happening.

Reactions: SeventyOne and tyro