Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interactive websites died in pretty much 2012.. 2010/2011 kinda sorta had "backstory/mystery" building... but 2009 was really the last real deep-dive icon site. 2010 had a side quest, but it started the "back to basics" style website format.

Personally I am disappointed they didn't find a way to do a similar 2006 "archival website" for the 30th, but I didn't get my pre-set icon lore for that year either (that abomination SZ doesn't count)

Truth is, Universal has too much going on now to cater to us loyal fans glued to the interwebs. That's why we get a bone thrown here/there via the tribute stores (also the dedicated team that gave us that extra online content has more or less disbanded)

• Sad
Reactions: GA-MBIT and HHNSK
Without the interactive sites from "the old days", I don't see the point in fretting these announcements tbh. We know how it'll go and there's nothing overly juicy about it. Either NOES/AQP/GB will probably be the first drop. Then, another. Maybe one more. And then the mass drop of originals, 2 more IPs, the zones, and the shows in August. The dates (despite being all but guaranteed tbh) and finding out what the ticket prices will be are a more surprising announcement at this point than an IP we've known for over a month lol.

No one likes the bland social media trolling though lol.

Plus, forums/discord/socials do most of that lifting now.
I love the forums/socials but man... I'm sorry I just don't like the current marketing situation. It is what it is I guess

Baby Reaction GIF

Reactions: Darko and Ahmanet
Didn't they try November dates last year and it was empty ?

So their fix is to get more hotel guests that weekend somehow + tweak the pass rules for locals

Seems not worth it to me

So their fix is to get more hotel guests that weekend somehow + tweak the pass rules for locals

Seems not worth it to me

Nov dates were added later, and Halloween was on a Tuesday.

This year, Halloween is on a Thursday - so Friday & Saturday may still have residual Halloween crowds.

November dates aren't a new thing. They've had them in the past depending on when Halloween falls.

Also, back in the old days of HHN, before the IP era of 2012-Present, Halloween (or Nov dates) was one of the best nights to go because it was dead! It was wonderful.

Reactions: SeventyOne
November dates aren't a new thing. They've had them in the past depending on when Halloween falls.

Also, back in the old days of HHN, before the IP era of 2012-Present, Halloween (or Nov dates) was one of the best nights to go because it was dead! It was wonderful.
I see so many people saying the November dates are new. They are not new at all. We had Nov dates HHN 23-29, so we had 3 years (Including HHN LITE (2020)) and two HHNs without them, but that doesn't mean their new, and only new to new fans.

Nov dates were added later, and Halloween was on a Tuesday.

This year, Halloween is on a Thursday - so Friday & Saturday may still have residual Halloween crowds.
I am really surprised (according to the travel websites leak) they are ending this year on a Sunday. I’m surprised they’re taking the gamble on Sunday not being slow.