Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yellowjackets confirmed!
That would unironically make an awesome house

Yellowjackets GIF by SHOWTIME

Since I don't recall seeing this being discussed much recently, what do we think are the chances of Dr. Oddfellow / Jack / Prominent Icon or original characters returning this year? There's obviously been a few speculated from the map (Major Sweets, maybe Boris with Tribute of Terror) but nothing concrete that I'm aware of.

Dr. Oddfellow seemed to be a massive success last year, even without being prominent in much marketing, so I would imagine there would be a return of some-kind of interactive face character at the front of the park. Maybe tied into the overall theme, maybe not, but just from my perspective I'd argue that Collection of Horrors proved there's decent demand for similar experiences, or even a continuation. Just my two cents, at least.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I will just say nothing is 100% right now. The only guaranteed house we're getting this year is a Universal Monsters house, whether it's Dracula, All-Female monsters or Creature from the Black Lagoon nobody even knows that. The rumor mil is running dry I'm

The slasher IP was supposed to be Elm Street.
Are we allowed to say why it’s not coming and that we’re 100% sure that’s is the case.

Are we allowed to say why it’s not coming and that we’re 100% sure that’s is the case.
Till Universal announces something to the contrary believe what you want to believe, these rumors are just that, rumors. Insiders don't know 100% everything about what is/isn't coming and for all we know everything they've been saying is just info Universal is feeding them to avoid actual leaks/throw people off what's coming.

There’s a small few still holding firm on it but it seems like most of the big insiders (Legacy, Pinhead, etc) have more or less goven up on it.
Saddening

Till Universal announces something to the contrary believe what you want to believe, these rumors are just that, rumors. Insiders don't know 100% everything about what is/isn't coming and for all we know everything they've been saying is just info Universal is feeding them to avoid actual leaks/throw people off what's coming.
Well I’d like to still believe it but they are usually right. If they have to throw us off of the case though it’s usually because an IP is in jeopardy is my understanding. So if that’s the case, I’ll let it go

I’ll just visit Mr Kruger when I go to sleep tonight.

Reactions: theuberguberman
Well I’d like to still believe it but they are usually right.
Ehhhh... I would say it's like 60/40 accuracy. I just am very reluctant on insiders and rumors after last year lol. I argued with so many people about ST4, everyone including multiple insiders were so dead set on it not coming and a lot of people thought I was delusional for thinking it would happen. Funny how that turned out

Stranger Things Erica GIF by NETFLIX

Legacy gave this a thumbs up. Now I’m really confused. No Noes or Mo Noes?

If I may propose a theory!
The slasher IP was supposed to be Elm Street.
So if we're no longer getting Elm Street, there is another slasher IP that I can see happening, one we've already discussed before: The Strangers. We have Chapter 1 releasing next month, and Chapter 2 is looking to release this fall.

A reminder that Imaginary is not a Universal release - it's Lionsgate. Universal has of course worked with Lionsgate before and will almost certainly do so again somewhere down the road (if not this year!), but the lack of Universal synergy means they probably don't care about promoting or using the film unless Blumhouse itself has a vested interested in doing so.
And this caught my eye. Of course I'm not sure if Clive was trying to possibly hint something here, but the new Strangers trilogy is both distributed and produced by Lionsgate, so there's another thing going for it.

Just something to think about IMO.