Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate to break it to you, but the reviews for pretty much all of the Insidious movies aren't that good. I think the Red Door will make a fine house if that's the direction they're going.

Red Door was a bad movie (sorry Patrick Wilson) but I actually found a few scenes crafted with tons of suspense, and I think in a haunted house format where the drawn-out story beats and disjointed script don't matter too much, there's more than enough for a solid scarefest.

Assuming the rumors are true, I'd also bank on 1 + 2 + Red Door compilation focusing primarily on the Lipstick-face demon as an antagonist, and allotting more space to his lair than just a small room like the previous versions- the finale of Red Door was pretty underwhelming, but would probably work incredibly as a haunt finale.

While the Key Face scene in 2017's Blumhouse was GOAT'd imo, I think a more streamlined compilation than what we've seen in the past could be phenomenal.

So just watch Insidious 3, last key, 1 and 2?

I personally think Last Key is by far, the worst in the series. Maybe it's cause Red Door was one of the first horror movies I saw in theaters post covid, but I had a lot of fun with it. Still far from the best in the series but Last Key was really the pits in my opinion.

Drifting into wishlist, but I've always thought a full Sinister house would be really cool. The small portion in 2017 was good.

I've seen all the Insidious movies outside of Red Door.. so I guess I need to check that out before September

It would be awesome if A Quiet Place was actually in Fast & Furious.

The first half of the house is just balls to wall action and noise. Then you walk outside and there are all kinds of signs up saying to be silent as the aliens respond to sound, maybe a silent barker up on the catwalk shushing you (though that would just lead to drunks yelling at them).

Then there are like 3 heavy cloth dividers going into the second half to serve both as sound deadening and to allow a "plant" to sneak into line periodically. Then it's completely quiet. Flashing lights and stuff like that to scare you, and people jumping out shushing you, etc and then every now and then there's a scream or something and then you hear the aliens attack. Same soundtrack/cues in the whole second section of the house so there's no sound bleed as it's all the same. Sometimes you see the attack, you sometimes you don't. But then kinda changes up the second part of the house each time as the attack trigger/cue will happen in different parts of the house and sometimes you might see the attack. Then, at one point, the plant in line says something meta like, "why aren't there any scaractors in he....."and they get grabbed by an alien, screams, and is pulled behind the curtains, and then walks back up to the beginning of the second part to sneak back into the conga line.

Last edited:
Oh trust me, I also hope that it's its own thing.

Unrelated (to avoid double-posting), some announcement speculation:
  • Silver Scream Queens will be the announcement given more detail at Spooky Empire. The main reason I believe this is that on May 17th (the day of the panel), will actually also be the anniversary of the She-Wolf of London! Perfect timing. The announcement itself would be any time between this week and the panel.

• June 6th or June 7th will see the announcement of Ghostbusters to line up for the 40th anniversary on June 8th.

• July 22nd-26th (any day of this week) will see the full dump + FF.

Hmm.. guess I'm the only one who liked Red Door. I thought it was a decent end to the series. I thought the Insidious house HHN did years ago was fantastic and had some great scares. I hope that if they are bringing this franchise back that they come up with more of those innovative scares like the first time (moving walls anyone? That scared the sht out of me!)

Hmm.. guess I'm the only one who liked Red Door. I thought it was a decent end to the series. I thought the Insidious house HHN did years ago was fantastic and had some great scares. I hope that if they are bringing this franchise back that they come up with more of those innovative scares like the first time (moving walls anyone? That scared the sht out of me!)

Can you please describe said scares?

So who is going to the panel? I realized yesterday that I'm actually going to be in Florida that weekend, so I may take some time and head over there just for that panel. Wondering if it's worth it though? I mean.. haven't they done these before and not really given any new news? I'm sure there will be an announcement before that, and then the panel would just be them expounding on the house idea already announced?

Can you please describe said scares?
If I remember correctly - there was a section in the house where you walked down a very dark hallway. Naturally, when you can't see anything, you reach out with your hands to steady yourself and run your fingers along the walls. Well, we did that, and realized the walls were moving.. basically undulating. Freaked me the hell out. I"m pretty sure that was Insidioius.. in 25? Also, there was a point where you were about to enter the church. As I came through the doorway into the church, there was a scareactor literally crouched down close to the floor, and she popped up right as I walked through. Honest to god, it took my breath away. I have good memories of that one... and god I hope I'm remember the right house! LOL

My only issue with Red Door is that Dalton is straight-up the protagonist version of everything everyone complained about Corey from Halloween Ends being.

That character almost single-handedly made me consider stopping the movie partway through. Corey at least kinda had the Arnie from Christine vibes going for him for a little bit in H.E.. Dalton was just...yeah. :nervous:

Anyways, nice to be back after not having much time to look at the forums recently! Still very excited for all the originals. Hoping that even though the symbol has been changed, the black & white still represents a continuation of Boris's Tribute Store arc.

We know the house announcement coming up before the HHN panel at spooky empire is probably a universal monsters maze it most likely will be a universal monsters maze. Now the question is would you guys rather the maze announcement be a Bride of Frankenstein lives sequel or Universal Monsters: Silver Screen Queenz? Personally I would want to see the Bride of Frankenstein lives part 2 it was such a phenomenal maze.

Reactions: Ahmanet
If I remember correctly - there was a section in the house where you walked down a very dark hallway. Naturally, when you can't see anything, you reach out with your hands to steady yourself and run your fingers along the walls. Well, we did that, and realized the walls were moving.. basically undulating. Freaked me the hell out. I"m pretty sure that was Insidioius.. in 25? Also, there was a point where you were about to enter the church. As I came through the doorway into the church, there was a scareactor literally crouched down close to the floor, and she popped up right as I walked through. Honest to god, it took my breath away. I have good memories of that one... and god I hope I'm remember the right house! LOL
Yes, both scenes were from Insidious HHN 25. I remember taking the behind the screams tour that year. I think they used swim noodles that were attached to a wheel, and it would rotate and scrape on the screen/black wall giving off the feeling that something was moving and touching you.

Reactions: bdubsCEO
Drifting into wishlist, but I've always thought a full Sinister house would be really cool. The small portion in 2017 was good.

I've seen all the Insidious movies outside of Red Door.. so I guess I need to check that out before September
I WISH a full Sinister house would happen. The small sample in Blumhouse 1 was proof of concept, but nowhere near as much as I was hoping for at the time.