Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm really surprised by how aggressively negative the community is taking this specific reveal. It isn't the most interesting house concept, but I feel like I haven't seen this level of pushback for an original in a long time, if ever.

I wonder if it's people's expectations letting them down? The casual fans want FNaF and aren't gonna get that, and the hardcore fans were really hoping for something Icon-related or about the Tribute to Terror concepts. I think the other 5 announcements are incredibly solid and we have a great original lineup this year, as well as a solid Universal Monsters rumor which usually act as original houses in practice as well. I'm okay with a (potentially) mediocre 6th original rather than another mid IP slasher house like Halloween or The Strangers. But also, we know pretty much nothing about Triplets! So I suppose I don't get why people are so upset about something we barely know anything about.
Personally I think this is because an icon wasn’t represented in any of the originals the way Oddfellow was last year and with this being the one that people hoped it would be so it’s just automatic hate towards it. I think Oddfellow and Pumpkin Lord brought back the hype and excitement of icon stories and original content at the event and they have both been VERY successful. Yes the icon this year could have to do with the streets in the way that pumpkin lord was. But since icon hype was wanted today I think that’s where we are seeing the negativity come in from unfortunately! Holding out hope for an Icon at this years event still! Though, my personal hopes have gone down, but not gone overall! This year I’m getting the vibes of HHN 27 which to me was mid, but then again at the end of the day… I think we should be happy and thankful for not only mostly original based year but just announcements this early in general!

I think even that house didn't sound like the best house or how they would make it scary when we first heard about it. It just ended up being the best house. :lmao: That's why we can't judge these books by their covers.

I don’t know . I think it’s going to be tough to beat last year. Even the rumored IPs aren’t doing much for me . I do hope I’m wrong. I’m going and already booked my rooms, so maybe it’s best to keep the expectations in check.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It was briefly mentioned on the Discord, but with that tweet, could we potentially see zones next week? It could be a crazy three weeks of announcements with Ghostbusters rumored to be first week of June.

It was briefly mentioned on the Discord, but with that tweet, could we potentially see zones next week? It could be a crazy three weeks of announcements with Ghostbusters rumored to be first week of June.
If we do, then this is really a crazy announcement season!!

Man, I’m watching Insidious for the first time and this is a clumsy, bad movie lol

Not excited for this house.
The first one is structured like a superhero film almost. "You must learn to harness these newfound powers to save your family from Spooky Darth Maul!" It's got it's moments but it's definitely not the best at anything in particular.

With the crazy week out of the way, I've been wondering, do we have any new info on how exactly the entrances will work for the new Sprungs? I imagine Sprungs 1 and 2 will have their normal 2017-2021 entrances again, but how about 3 and 4? Both at the FFL service gate, one there and one in DreamWorks, or something else entirely?

It isn't the most interesting house concept, but I feel like I haven't seen this level of pushback for an original in a long time, if ever.
I think part of the reason is, at least of recent memory, the originals have mostly just been dumped all at once, and usually only weeks before the event. We’re all hyped for the event. And if there is a dud in a big dump, it’s easier to hide. Having it be the only announcement, people actually have time to digest it.

Man, I’m watching Insidious for the first time and this is a clumsy, bad movie lol

Not excited for this house.

Not a question for OP but I'm also doing this and am wondering if we know what Insidious films the house will be based on yet? I'm guessing the first and second will be focused on but given a new one came out just last year, do we think they'll include scenes from that as well?