Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like I mentioned earlier - they can get the IP, but.. doesn't make the house good lol

The Saw X house looked honestly quite bad
I don't think anybody expects the houses to be HHN quality...and they don't have to be.

HHN is at Universal Studios that has locations in key tourist cities that, for the most part, share the city/area with Disney, Sea World, and other parks. They are destinations for themepark super fans who have the budget and desire to travel to them and dedicate thousands of dollars to the trips. In the Northeast, you have a few Six Flags (NJ, Lake George, and New England) a brand new Lego Land that is supposed to be terrible, and then a couple tiny little things. For halloween you have haunted hayrides.

For an area like that, to get a haunt event, with IPs that will draw crowds is amazing. It will draw a lot of people in. For under $50, you can do their houses and ride there rides in like 3 or 4 hours (it was a $35 option to attend Fright Fest the last time I did it and we were done with everything in under 3 hours...quicker than the posted wait time for Stranger Things some nights). To do everything HHN has to offer (including shows and rides) you pretty much need multiple nights or express. So you're talking about probably $300-500 to experience everything. Plus travel costs, hotels, etc. For people in many of the Six Flag park locations, the cost to do one night at Universal for a couple will cost well over $1500 when it's all said and done...versus maybe $175 including parking and all the food and drink they care to enjoy.

When you factor in what the park itself is...when you pay $60 for a day at Great Escape you probably feel like you got your money's worth. You don't go in there expecting a Disney or Universal level park experience. Likewise, if you had to pay $170 for Orlando Themepark type prices, you'd feel like you were ripped off. So it's 1000% true that these houses will be pretty bad by HHN standards. But possibly at 1/10th the cost to be able to do everything the park has to offer, it will be a blast for tons of local people. It's like someone saying they want their once a year glass of champagne for NYE so they buy a $12 bottle...they're getting exactly what they want and expect even though it doesn't compare to a $300 bottle of Dom Perignon.

That's been there since the booth appeared.

I don't think anybody expects the houses to be HHN quality...and they don't have to be.

HHN is at Universal Studios that has locations in key tourist cities that, for the most part, share the city/area with Disney, Sea World, and other parks. They are destinations for themepark super fans who have the budget and desire to travel to them and dedicate thousands of dollars to the trips. In the Northeast, you have a few Six Flags (NJ, Lake George, and New England) a brand new Lego Land that is supposed to be terrible, and then a couple tiny little things. For halloween you have haunted hayrides.

For an area like that, to get a haunt event, with IPs that will draw crowds is amazing. It will draw a lot of people in. For under $50, you can do their houses and ride there rides in like 3 or 4 hours (it was a $35 option to attend Fright Fest the last time I did it and we were done with everything in under 3 hours...quicker than the posted wait time for Stranger Things some nights). To do everything HHN has to offer (including shows and rides) you pretty much need multiple nights or express. So you're talking about probably $300-500 to experience everything. Plus travel costs, hotels, etc. For people in many of the Six Flag park locations, the cost to do one night at Universal for a couple will cost well over $1500 when it's all said and done...versus maybe $175 including parking and all the food and drink they care to enjoy.

When you factor in what the park itself is...when you pay $60 for a day at Great Escape you probably feel like you got your money's worth. You don't go in there expecting a Disney or Universal level park experience. Likewise, if you had to pay $170 for Orlando Themepark type prices, you'd feel like you were ripped off. So it's 1000% true that these houses will be pretty bad by HHN standards. But possibly at 1/10th the cost to be able to do everything the park has to offer, it will be a blast for tons of local people. It's like someone saying they want their once a year glass of champagne for NYE so they buy a $12 bottle...they're getting exactly what they want and expect even though it doesn't compare to a $300 bottle of Dom Perignon.

I remember a lot of this talk during "Horror Made Here" and here we are...

I didn't mean that the two should be compared - my comment was just going off the point that this isn't going to affect HHN at all lol. I've never done Fright Fest (or Six Flags in general) but I might try to get there this year if things look good!

Not everyone can afford to come to Orlando for HHN. Some people are happy to be able to visit whatever “local” haunts they can. They aren’t expecting world-class quality here. They have their own market to cater to and, if Six Flags is willing to pay for the name value of those IPs, I’m sure some corporation is happy to take their money.

Does this mean that Universal is now unable to work with these companies for their IPs in the future? Nah. Everyone has a price. And that doesn’t just mean money, either. Terms and conditions apply.

I also don’t think that Universal being able to represent these IPs in a “better” way matters much to some of these companies involved. Corporations aren’t artists. But they do have shareholders to worry about and sometimes you gotta make that fiscal quarter look good before someone gets antsy and wants a new CEO.

IP’s are fun, but we all know the originals are what keep us coming back for more. I’m quite happy with a 6/4 split, or even a 7/3 or 8/2 split if the quality remains high. Much rather have 2 or 3 fantastically done IP houses than 5/6 lacklustre attempts. I’d almost argue the IP itself doesn’t matter as much as the execution does - many examples of “lesser” IPs becoming fan favourites, and vice versa.

Would I like to have a conjuring universe house? Of course I would! Does that mean it’ll be great? All depends on the execution of the house.

Anyway to speculate about Halloween Horror Nights 33 do we know where the house entrances are this year? Looking to make my map soon and want to make sure I don't mix up the locations like I did last year!

I think another interesting question is where will the exits be? Will all 4 tents merge and re-enter the park together, especially after the mess of last year? Or some exits through Springfield, or even Dreamworks? I would imagine Tent 3 and 4 enter between Mib and FF to utilize the MiB extended que + the long walk for extra space, which wouldn't leave room for an exit but seems like the most logical use of space.

If Sprung 1 and 2 use the same tent exits as years past, that would make it hard for either of those to utilize a Dreamworks entrance as I can't think of a way where the queue and exit don't overlap for Sprung 1- it can be done with Ops, but man that doesn't sound fun haha.

This will be an interesting puzzle to figure out, for sure.

Anyway to speculate about Halloween Horror Nights 33 do we know where the house entrances are this year? Looking to make my map soon and want to make sure I don't mix up the locations like I did last year!

Well, they already started setting up some truss rigging where Oddfellow was last year - so I'm assuming that will be for one of the new tents.

I definitely still expect some of the tents to exit by ET/Dreamworks
My expectation is the two new tents will enter/exit between MIB/FFL (combined), with a decision point at the right turn you made to get to Oddfellow's last year. There you would then pick which house to queue up for.

Ideally, from a crowd control perspective, they could force the older sprung tents to exit over by DreamWorks, that way they can push people out of the FFL/MIB area.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
My expectation is the two new tents will enter/exit between MIB/FFL (combined), with a decision point at the right turn you made to get to Oddfellow's last year. There you would then pick which house to queue up for.

Ideally, from a crowd control perspective, they could force the older sprung tents to exit over by DreamWorks, that way they can push people out of the FFL/MIB area.
Yes, I think the top priority is to not have 4 tents entering/exiting in the same area lol

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Sounds like someone at Netflix hasn't been to the event itself. Feels like someone at Corporate was used to HHN revenue coming in and thought SF could offer the same opportunity.

Even if SF can somehow surprise us in quality, their event is known for horrendous ops and security issues at some parks.

Actually, when you consider instead of 1 or 2 parks, they could have merch in up to, what, 15 parks? Merch sales could be quite a bit higher.

IP’s are fun, but we all know the originals are what keep us coming back for more. I’m quite happy with a 6/4 split, or even a 7/3 or 8/2 split if the quality remains high. Much rather have 2 or 3 fantastically done IP houses than 5/6 lacklustre attempts. I’d almost argue the IP itself doesn’t matter as much as the execution does - many examples of “lesser” IPs becoming fan favourites, and vice versa.

Would I like to have a conjuring universe house? Of course I would! Does that mean it’ll be great? All depends on the execution of the house.

one thing that could suck about IP houses is, if you didn't like the movie ....you're probably not going to enjoy the house as much lol. a problem that originals never have. obviously a haunted house is much different than a movie in tv, but the issue still remains with IPs, ( the house can still be amazing but you could still have that negative feeling about it)
originals always stand on their quality alone.