Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 279 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not yet, I’m waiting for my emails for the tours. It’s usually all the originals and all but one IP. My guess is we don’t get AQP
AQP is a fair guess. I believe Platinum Dunes has a pretty close relationship with Uni, however, including a first-look deal. I think there’s a pretty good chance the excluded house is Ghostbusters - there were a lot of silly photo restrictions on the tours of the first GB house.

AQP is a fair guess. I believe Platinum Dunes has a pretty close relationship with Uni, however, including a first-look deal. I think there’s a pretty good chance the excluded house is Ghostbusters - there were a lot of silly photo restrictions on the tours of the first GB house.
Yeah I figured it would be one of the two, this year it may come down to location more than anything. They tend to like to group locations to minimize travel if possible.

I really just want FFP to go on sale, so I can go ahead and but mine and put that money out of thought. Thinking about spending that much is a nightmare lol and it’s not on FFP but merc, food, drinks, etc so it’ll be very nice to put that behind me and not look back. :lmao: :lmao:
think if it as an investment, and investment....on your happiness ;):devil:

Not yet, I’m waiting for my emails for the tours. It’s usually all the originals and all but one IP. My guess is we don’t get AQP

I don't necessarily think it's AQP- hard to necessarily say without knowing what will be in each haunt, but thinking about all the tours I've done over the years, Uni always seems to showcase haunts that heavily utilize puppets to show 'em off- which I'm guessing AQP probably has a bunch of.

Maybe my memory is just overshadowed from the AvP tour *checks notes* a decade ago *throws out back* since those alien puppets were the new, big thing. But even if photos end up being off-limits inside, I'd imagine Uni would try and push for what would give the best talking points and best interactions, or maybe I'm just overly optimistic.

Last edited:
Usually when "no photos/video" come into play, it's due to not wanting "spoilers" due to not being released yet/still "new" or also the IP holder specifically has it in the contract.

Hill House, only the facade was allowed. 2009's Wolfman, no photos at all. It just depends on the IP situation

Usually when "no photos/video" come into play, it's due to not wanting "spoilers" due to not being released yet/still "new" or also the IP holder specifically has it in the contract.

Hill House, only the facade was allowed. 2009's Wolfman, no photos at all. It just depends on the IP situation

Last year there were a lot of random original rooms that were "cameras down" and we asked about it.

In addition to what you said, our guide said they were worried about the "technology" in the rooms. Seemed like an odd term so we asked for clarification and he said something along the lines of (paraphrasing as I really don't think I accurately remember it):

"Stuff like mirrors for a depth gag, where our cameras and triggers are, or how we have a scareactor positioned to make multiple scares, skrim (or whatever the false walls are that lit up you can see through) or false boo holes you can see."

Gave lots of examples, but we had asked late in the 6-house tour after lots of "cameras down" rooms. So I think another reason, and why some originals have a lot of rooms "cameras down" is that they are trying out new ideas that they don't want other haunts to steal (of course, sending one spy through the house would reveal them so that kinda kills the argument - why take away the value of thousands of people paying for the tour for something that could easily be found out by having a spy going through the house or doing the UTH tour). There were a lot of rooms, at least in my experience last year, that you were allowed to take pictures in a certain direction...or cropping out a certain thing...so I kinda believe what they said.