Halo (Paramount+) | Inside Universal Forums

Halo (Paramount+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As good as it looks on the whole, Cortana and the original Sonic look have a lot in common. Something about her looking human is off-putting as opposed to her look is the games (specifically the original trilogy).

So, I'll say what I like.

The visuals look spectacular of seeing how the UNSC (Sans Cortana) and how the Covenant differ, works really well. I also am willing to give the plot a chance and to see how exactly this TV chief differs from Steve Downes (Makes sense they go the Mando route of Master Chief).

My problem, lies in Halsey and Cortana. There is no reason why it shouldn't of been Jen Taylor as both. She wouldn't of been no different having her onboard, like how Colleen is Tails for Sonic (and this is from Paramount no less!). Feels like a weird throw in the wrong direction by both Microsoft and ViacomCBS respectively.

So, I'll say what I like.

The visuals look spectacular of seeing how the UNSC (Sans Cortana) and how the Covenant differ, works really well. I also am willing to give the plot a chance and to see how exactly this TV chief differs from Steve Downes (Makes sense they go the Mando route of Master Chief).

My problem, lies in Halsey and Cortana. There is no reason why it shouldn't of been Jen Taylor as both. She wouldn't of been no different having her onboard, like how Colleen is Tails for Sonic (and this is from Paramount no less!). Feels like a weird throw in the wrong direction by both Microsoft and ViacomCBS respectively.
Jen Taylor is voicing Cortana. I don't think her voicing Halsey would've worked with the direction Microsoft is going with this show. I also don't think it matters all too much that Halsey isn't voiced by Jen Taylor and is instead played by Natascha McElhone.

To me, I think the bigger thing that will take some getting used to is Master Chief's voice. I get they are telling their own Halo story that seems to be an origin. I'm also assuming we will actually see younger John's face in this series, though, which is probably Steve Downes voice isn't used. This version of MC sounds a lot like The Mandalorian/Din Djarin imo.

Jen Taylor is voicing Cortana. I don't think her voicing Halsey would've worked with the direction Microsoft is going with this show. I also don't think it matters all too much that Halsey isn't voiced by Jen Taylor and is instead played by Natascha McElhone.

To me, I think the bigger thing that will take some getting used to is Master Chief's voice. I get they are telling their own Halo story that seems to be an origin. I'm also assuming we will actually see younger John's face in this series, though, which is probably Steve Downes voice isn't used. This version of MC sounds a lot like The Mandalorian/Din Djarin imo.

I'm not referring to Halsey being voiced by Jen. I'm referring to having Jen just outright play Halsey in physical form.

MC's voice is needing to get some adjustment, but as I said (And as you stated), I am fine with it. Clearly taking the Mando approach and I can honestly fully get why.

Cortana not being Blue is my only nick pick...like why? She would stand out more

Anyway the Elites look pretty much perfect and the show looks good...not going to be amazing but also doesn't look like something look bad...hopefully we get a season 2 and get to the best story in all of Halo....Halo 2 (fight me...the arbiter is the most interesting character in the series)

(fight me...the arbiter is the most interesting character in the series)
no-lies-detected-lie-detector.gif

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm not referring to Halsey being voiced by Jen. I'm referring to having Jen just outright play Halsey in physical form.
So in this scenario, is someone else doing the acting for Cortana while she voices her? Because her as Cortana is 100% needed and it’s even proven by the fact that Jen was not originally Cortana in this series. Jen came in as a replacement after production began.

The first 2 episodes (out of the 10 in the season) were sent out for media to review and so far those have gotten some serious mixed reaction.

Calling it now Season 2 will be much more for fans and impress people more but think they have to learn first you can't just add new characters that really dont add to the show and next season the budget will be bigger and allow the aliens to b the main bad guys as they should be and maybe give us the Artibter's story and make it much more interesting

I freaking loved the first episode. Enjoying the massive scale and the tweaks to the storyline are fresh and not insulting in my opinion.

Im hooked!

I think its good....could be better but it has a lot going on and kinda wish they could have focused on one thing at a time
1) There have been wars going on with colones and the UNC but the first thing we see if Spartans saving humans...think this is confusing to why the teen doesn't want to make the video if you dont know the history (yes yes they talk about her mom/dad but thats talk over showing and its hard to know whats true when you show Chef doing good things but then tell me he is a mindless murder)
2) No clue why the Covient have a human....I know they will force it to work but makes noooooooooo sense with their religion
3) Not a fan of Chef already before the war turning on the UNC, just weird to me to do it in episode one
4) I like The spartans and Halsey taking Chef side this is very in character for them
5) REACH!!!! I was very excited we get to see Reach before....things might happen..lol

Reactions: HalfGlass
Second episode was less thrilling, but is helping set the stage. I think there’s probably a lot of fanboys out there hating how much Master Chief has his helmet off, but to me, I love it. Truthfully it’s one of my biggest gripes with the Mandalorian. Granted, Chief hasn’t shown a lot of emotion yet, but seeing his blank expressions also help paint a picture for us of this character.