Happily Ever After | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Happily Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really Disney? Recording this in London? Why couldn't you record it here in America. There are tons of musicians and orchestras looking for work like this. There are tons of studios built here that you could of used. It's disappointing. There's no reason for it.
Because all of the best studios are in the UK :p

If you look at film soundtracks, an awful lot are recorded in the UK. I think Disney already have a good relationship with AIR as a few MCU films as well as Cinderella soundtracks were done there in recent past. Maybe they tapped it onto the end of another films session?

If it's any consolation, looks like the vocals were recorded in the States.

Because all of the best studios are in the UK :p

If you look at film soundtracks, an awful lot are recorded in the UK. I think Disney already have a good relationship with AIR as a few MCU films as well as Cinderella soundtracks were done there in recent past. Maybe they tapped it onto the end of another films session?

If it's any consolation, looks like the vocals were recorded in the States.

Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall -
"With exceptional acoustics, stunning architectural features and natural light, Lyndhurst Hall can easily accommodate a full symphony orchestra with choir simultaneously and is one of the largest recording rooms in the world.

The flexibility of the space is perfect for film scoring, orchestral recordings and live performances.

The Hall’s 300m² hexagonal live area has two spacious isolation booths, motorised acoustic canopy and three raised galleries and a Steinway Model D concert grand piano.

Its 50m² control room boasts one of the world’s largest Neve 88R consoles with 96 channels and Encore automation, SP2 film matrix and 48 ‘AIR Montserrat’ remote mic amps. A custom Dynaudio 5.1 system and twin Panasonic plasmas deliver perfect audio and video."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan and Jon84
Really Disney? Recording this in London? Why couldn't you record it here in America. There are tons of musicians and orchestras looking for work like this. There are tons of studios built here that you could of used. It's disappointing. There's no reason for it.

Disney, and most recently Universal, have been recording in London for a very long time now. It's nothing new. They still use American artists more often, but when a big project like a firework show that will last most likely 10+ years, Disney would pick them.

Reactions: Ryan and IOAGuy
There are plenty of great artists, musicians, and music halls and studios in Florida and California that could have given them the same exact product. There's no reason to fly a whole crew to a place with no connection to the project at all. USE LOCAL TALENT.

I know it doesn't matter now but I'm an advocate for local artists. So it's important to me.
I respect that, but this is just simply a matter of expertise. Recording for a timed show score is a whole additional skillset that not just any musician can pick up on the fly. Plus there are professionals and facilities specific for this kind of thing only in a select few places around the world, London being the most renowned. When they recorded all of the music for EPCOT Center, they did so in the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London. And imagine the original Star Wars scores if John Williams didn't use the London Symphony Orchestra. It would certainly still be great quality, but there would definitely be an x-factor missing. The Happily Ever After music is going to be heard by millions of people over who knows how many years, blasted through a huge sound system. The music is the whole core of the show. Disney is going to use the specialized professionals and facilities for this, and they're just not in Orlando or anywhere else besides London and Los Angeles.

My daughter is planning on being at the last performance of Wishes next week. Its the only fireworks show she has seen at MK, since she hasn't been there for any holidays and is too young to remember any others. She has the same nostalgic feeling for Illuminations as well...

Reactions: Coasted
So we camped at the Ft. Wilderness campgrounds this past weekend and EVERY SINGLE NIGHT they were testing the soundtrack between 2-4AM. It's crazy how far sound caries, especially at night. I'm just glad they weren't testing the fireworks those nights. I wasn't upset though, I thought it was pretty cool.

I was upset that my group was too tired to go watch Wishes on Saturday night, which was supposed to be my last time seeing it. We left at like 8:20 too...

Reactions: Coasted
I'm hearing that the new show actually uses more. I mean would make sense.. it's longer, and in test videos there seemingly no big lull in pyro.
Ya I can't imagine they'd decrease the frequency of shells, so being that it's a longer show there should at least be a greater quantity. If there's a higher frequency of pyro I would be extremely happy.

Ya I can't imagine they'd decrease the frequency of shells, so being that it's a longer show there should at least be a greater quantity. If there's a higher frequency of pyro I would be extremely happy.

I'm hearing that the new show actually uses more. I mean would make sense.. it's longer, and in test videos there seemingly no big lull in pyro.

From what I saw during testing, that is accurate.

Reactions: Nick and Joel