Harmonious | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I care more about the fact these huge pieces of electrical equipment are being left in the lagoon as a permanent fountain which seems to doom the things to "fail". I wonder how much this is they cannot move/remove the barges vs being too cheap to move them nightly.
I think the barges are physically being connected to the cement things they built in the middle of the lagoon, which have electrical installed inside of them.

These things:

Reactions: shiekra38
I wonder how much this is they cannot move/remove the barges vs being too cheap to move them nightly.

Too cheap and a time consideration. Per one of the insiders on Magic, it could take over an hour to bring the barges out from backstage, and park operations doesn't want the bridge up for that amount of time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m not concerned about the characters being in the show. That’s the way Epcot is going and I’m fine with it. But, these barges look hideous...those better be some pretty damn impressive fountains because they absolutely destroy the views from across the lagoon.

I’m also embarrassed to say that I had failed to realize that there are only going to be 2 view points for this thing. It’s tough enough at MK with the restrictions ofMain Street but I’d argue there’s even less gathering space at Epcot to be head on to view this.

That was one of the great things about Illuminations-you had lent of good viewing areas.

This seems to be a crowd control/logistics nightmare.

Reactions: belloq87
I’m not concerned about the characters being in the show. That’s the way Epcot is going and I’m fine with it. But, these barges look hideous...those better be some pretty damn impressive fountains because they absolutely destroy the views from across the lagoon.

I’m also embarrassed to say that I had failed to realize that there are only going to be 2 view points for this thing. It’s tough enough at MK with the restrictions ofMain Street but I’d argue there’s even less gathering space at Epcot to be head on to view this.

That was one of the great things about Illuminations-you had lent of good viewing areas.

This seems to be a crowd control/logistics nightmare.
Aren't there screens on both sides of all four barges meaning you could view it 360?

Aren't there screens on both sides of all four barges meaning you could view it 360?

Take a look again at the Instagram photos; the barge appears to be equipped for projections just on the two broad, flat sides, with an exposed industrial/mechanical area in the middle between the sides. If you're viewing from an angle with that wide middle section facing you, you won't be seeing much.

Take a look again at the Instagram photos; the barge appears to be equipped for projections just on the two broad, flat sides, with an exposed industrial/mechanical area in the middle between the sides. If you're viewing from an angle with that wide middle section facing you, you won't be seeing much.

Oh...I thought they were going to finish the rest in the lagoon..yikes

Reactions: belloq87
It looks fine to me. I mean, we're about to get a visually obtrusive coaster in front of Jurassic Park, but I don't see anyone complaining about that one anymore. Maintaining sightlines is always a weird issue among fans for me since I'd much rather get new stuff rather than worry about how it looks.

Reactions: RevFreako
There is an "appendage" that will raise up and rotate. you may have the pleasure of seeing that out of the center. Some shocked responses on what it looks like

I don't know why I thought the LED screens would be curved slightly and the lighting bar would be simpler and raise from the very top

I just done even know how you look at Epcot’s layout and go, “Yeah, let’s make a nighttime show where you can only get the full affect from 2 locations.”

The viewing areas are going to be so restricted if they are unchanged, which means the vast majority of people are not going to get a great show.

Here's my crude drawing of how I think it'll work...notice there's only two spots where all three elements overlap

View attachment 13604
Yeah... this is inaccurate. Every view should have a view of two fins minimum. No weird one-fin dead zones like you have in China/IG. Center barge has a wider visual range than you give it and is much more central in the lagoon. The angles of the fins are also a ways off.
I find it hilarious that the American Gardens Theater blocks one of the best views. This feels like it was designed purposely to sell fireworks cruises so people can actually see the show.
Fireworks Cruises actually won't get the best view (they dock by International Gateway). Definitely makes Italy the best special events location for this show.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
Yeah... this is inaccurate. Every view should have a view of two fins minimum. No weird one-fin dead zones like you have in China/IG. Center barge has a wider visual range than you give it and is much more central in the lagoon. The angles of the fins are also a ways off.

Fireworks Cruises actually won't get the best view (they dock by International Gateway). Definitely makes Italy the best special events location for this show.
I guess I was assuming they were going to change where they were going to dock for this show.

Reactions: BigHouseFootball