Harmonious | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a certain twitter user stated people are going to either love or hate it. Whether it pleases the hardcore Disney fan base is another story. I will say it looked very grand and spectacular from the livestream.

I think, like Fallon, the general public will love it. It's got characters and music they know plus clear projections and fireworks.

So I saw it in person tonight without having seen anything last night.

Overall, everything aside relating to the IPs or what it's replacing, I feel like it's extremely forgettable and quite boring until the Coco segment (which is 14 minutes into a 20 minute show). The screens weren't even needed at all until 6 minutes in either.

This show feels like it has a Rivers of Light problem - not enough action. As a show, the last 6 minutes of this show are pretty good, but like RoL with the Lotus float, it's just a good way to end a boring show. My read is they added these screens so you are distracted enough that you don't notice that they massively cut down on pyro throughout almost the entire show.

I asked my mom what she thought of it since I consider her to be a fairly casual AP holder. She enjoys the parks, but isn't in the weeds of things like us. She has said that she "it's too long", "it's boring", and that she "hates it". The one interesting thing she did say that I think most of the GP will agree on is that she liked the "Disney music" was in the show. She was never a fan of IllumiNations, although she loved Epcot Forever. She said she enjoyed Epcot Forever way more than this show.

So, if we go to the question of if the show is worth the Big Ass Barges being out there all the time, the answer is a clear no imo. Had the whole show been like the last 6 minutes, I may feel a bit different.

So I saw it in person tonight without having seen anything last night.

Overall, everything aside relating to the IPs or what it's replacing, I feel like it's extremely forgettable and quite boring until the Coco segment (which is 14 minutes into a 20 minute show). The screens weren't even needed at all until 6 minutes in either.

This show feels like it has a Rivers of Light problem - not enough action. As a show, the last 6 minutes of this show are pretty good, but like RoL with the Lotus float, it's just a good way to end a boring show. My read is they added these screens so you are distracted enough that you don't notice that they massively cut down on pyro throughout almost the entire show.

I asked my mom what she thought of it since I consider her to be a fairly casual AP holder. She enjoys the parks, but isn't in the weeds of things like us. She has said that she "it's too long", "it's boring", and that she "hates it". The one interesting thing she did say that I think most of the GP will agree on is that she liked the "Disney music" was in the show. She was never a fan of IllumiNations, although she loved Epcot Forever. She said she enjoyed Epcot Forever way more than this show.

So, if we go to the question of if the show is worth the Big Ass Barges being out there all the time, the answer is a clear no imo. Had the whole show been like the last 6 minutes, I may feel a bit different.

While anecdotal… yeeeeesh

Am I a GP now cause I enjoyed the show?
This show will come down to personal taste. There is certainly a grandness here, lots of great technology used, etc. The finale was also very good. I just personally felt like there were quite a few weak spots or too much of nothing but mostly music and light fireworks going on in the front half of this show (the visuals don't even get that striking until towards the end imo).

I do feel like certain parts of the show will grow on me a bit, though. The Coco/Remember Me sequence is fantastic, 100% the best part of the show. The runtime being 20 minutes is rough though as you start to really feel that length by the end.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
This show will come down to personal taste. There is certainly a grandness here, lots of great technology used, etc. The finale was also very good. I just personally felt like there were quite a few weak spots or too much of nothing, but mostly music and light fireworks going on in the front half of this show (the visuals don't even get that striking until towards the end imo).

I do feel like certain parts of the show will grow on me a bit, though. The Coco/Remember Me sequence is fantastic, 100% the best part of the show. The runtime being 20 minutes is rough though as you start to really feel that length by the end.
I suppose I should back up my statements with what Iiked:
- The show *seemed* to have more pyro than IllumiNations, and I liked some of the creative pyro effects
- I always enjoy hearing songs in different languages (particularly Disney ones). I think Reflection in its native tongue is gorgeous
- The different art styles in some of the scenes were fun to see
- The screens were crystal clear and help to be able to view the show better (especially in Epcot's massive lagoon)
- The interaction between the lasers, water, and pyro was really cool (IllumiNation's were always kind of random)
- Weaving the new Epcot theme in the show will help to tie everything together a bit for the end of day show

What I didn't like:
- I didn't like the ending, I thought the song was kind of meh. I would have liked to have heard the different themes woven together a bit more
- Needed some fire maybe lol
- I'm not sure why, but I thought Pocahontas was going to be a part of the show 'Colors of the Wind' would have been better than the PatF scene
- I'm tired of hearing that dagum Jungle Book song in every show
- Nick, I agree, it needs to either be shorter or add in a different scene (ironically, IllumiNations was only like 13 minutes in total)

As far as the elephant in the room, IllumiNations. I mean, I never expect any show moving forward to be able to hold the proverbial torch to that show
IllumiNations was a part of a once in a lifetime moment and really was something truly special. I really can't say that I ever expect a show like IllumiNations
or a parade like Tapestry to ever happen again. It was a perfect show that meant a lot (if you understood what it was saying)

I will fondly remember IllumiNations, knowing when every single shell would launch, being able to hum the entire show to myself, singing 'Promise' at our HS graduation because I was able to convince everyone to do so.

IDK, I file this under "let Epcot change" and see where it all shakes out.

I believe this show is the best end of night show that reflects the themes and ideas of new Epcot...and I'm sure that's probably why people are not liking it.

I mean, they can't even change the trashcans in World Showcase without someone writing a blog about it.

That being said, Disney Enchantment is terrible and HEA needs to come back immediately

I suppose I should back up my statements with what Iiked:
- The show *seemed* to have more pyro than IllumiNations, and I liked some of the creative pyro effects
- I always enjoy hearing songs in different languages (particularly Disney ones). I think Reflection in its native tongue is gorgeous
- The different art styles in some of the scenes were fun to see
- The screens were crystal clear and help to be able to view the show better (especially in Epcot's massive lagoon)
- The interaction between the lasers, water, and pyro was really cool (IllumiNation's were always kind of random)
- Weaving the new Epcot theme in the show will help to tie everything together a bit for the end of day show
I thought the pyro from the moving arms was a really cool part of the show and was a fun surprise for the finale. I also enjoyed the new Epcot theme in this show. The bilingual songs were pleasant, although they do tend to almost silence the crowd. For example, just as people are starting to sing the songs, the language will change which sort of created an awkward silence when during HEA or something people would be singing loudly to some of the songs (although I agree it fits what they are going for).

And yes, the LED screens ARE crystal clear, although the best vantage point to watch the fireworks from though is still from either the north or south end so you can see what is displayed on the middle marge. Technically you can see the show from anywhere in the park, but this show isn't as 360 friendly as Illuminations imo if you want the "best" view.

IDK, I file this under "let Epcot change" and see where it all shakes out.

I believe this show is the best end of night show that reflects the themes and ideas of new Epcot...and I'm sure that's probably why people are not liking it.
Yeah, i've long accepted Epcot is changing and becoming more character focused, so that's not even something I took into account. If I had to say where i'm at with this show, it's mostly just that I felt a lack of heart/emotion throughout the show. I feel it will be enjoyable enough in passing, but i'm not sure that i'll stay to watch it specifically a ton.

I do kinda wish that it's just odd that WDW debuted two new multimedia/fireworks shows for the 50th anniversary... and there's no reference to the 50th in either show. I feel like that could've been where the heart was in this show - add just a slight bit of Walt or something. Epcot Forever, a show made to be temporary, pulled on the feels with incredible success where I just don't feel that at all with this new show.

For example, just as people are starting to sing the songs, the language will change which sort of created an awkward silence when during HEA or something people would be singing loudly to some of the songs (although I agree it fits what they are going for).
Ha, I didn't even think about that...I was humming a long the whole time anyway.

it's just odd that WDW debuted two new multimedia/fireworks shows for the 50th anniversary... and there's no reference to the 50th in either show. I feel like that could've been where the heart was in this show - add just a slight bit of Walt or something. Epcot Forever, a show made to be temporary, pulled on the feels with incredible success where I just don't feel that at all with this new show.
Oddly, I felt nothing for Epcot Forever. It felt more like an appeal for them to be allowed to work IPs into Epcot for the "READ THE PLAQUE OUTFRONT, THAT'S EPCOT" people.

HEA should have been left alone and maybe put in a special 50th pre-show or something celebrating the park itself.

HEA should have been left alone and maybe put in a special 50th pre-show or something celebrating the park itself.
They seem to have put a major focus on newer characters (read: post 2017) with segments featuring Soul, Frozen 2, and also other newish characters like from Raya, Onward, Luca, etc. However, all of these things could've been brought into HEA by simply reworking the show a tiny bit. They could've found a way to put Into The Unknown and Joe from Soul playing the piano a bit into HEA if they wanted. It would've been an updated version of an already good show instead of burning down the castle.

They seem to have put a major focus on newer characters (read: post 2017) with segments featuring Soul, Frozen 2, and also other newish characters like from Raya, Onward, Luca, etc. However, all of these things could've been brought into HEA by simply reworking the show a tiny bit. They could've found a way to put Into The Unknown and Joe from Soul playing the piano a bit into HEA if they wanted. It would've been an updated version of an already good show instead of burning down the castle.
Yes if I'm not mistaken the show can have things easily slotted into it..i.e. there are pre-programmed areas that allow things to be swapped in and out

Either way, it's certainly the weaker show and very disappointing

Yes if I'm not mistaken the show can have things easily slotted into it..i.e. there are pre-programmed areas that allow things to be swapped in and out

Either way, it's certainly the weaker show and very disappointing
Yup, after I watched DISenchantment, I went straight to watching the stream of Happily Ever After because HEA never disappointed me like Enchantment did last night. Ugh.

Reactions: Grabnar
Have any of these new characters even had meet-n-greets in Florida? Or any presence to speak of?
I thought I remembered seeing Raya somewhere, but with Covid and them not doing normal M&G's, we're seeing less characters in general. Characters from Onward I don't think we'll see in M&G form, same for Luca. I have a strong feeling Raya will be featured somewhere eventually though, especially since she's a princess.