Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

So today's leadership change with Uni Creative. Sounds awfully coincidental with the glasses experiment. Minions was a disaster, and the attraction isn't very good on the small USF screen without the glasses. Hope it's so bad on Gringotts that they cease the experiment.....Fear Factor empty, no parade yet, no nighttime show yet....damn, K. Irwin is really pinching pennies, even
with record profits.
Creative is separate from UOR operations.

So today's leadership change with Uni Creative. Sounds awfully coincidental with the glasses experiment. Minions was a disaster, and the attraction isn't very good on the small USF screen without the glasses. Hope it's so bad on Gringotts that they cease the experiment.....Fear Factor empty, no parade yet, no nighttime show yet....damn, K. Irwin is really pinching pennies, even
with record profits.
Is it really pinching pennies if they’re rebuilding the front of the park, Kidzone, and a whole new park with infrastructure? Or are they spreading out new offerings based on Epic’s opening and we just don’t have the schedule.

Removing the 3D glasses is definitely a bandaid to Studios perception. But I agree, no one says too much 3D, they say “too many screens.”

The only positive I can think of that would come from this is better visibility of the actual physical sets and caverns. I think they’re lost on most people when wearing dark 3D glasses. Some of the caverns and vaults are pretty impressive.

with record profits.

I pretty much spent last year (I know it got pretty annoying) sounding the alarm bell at UO Operations from parking, security, food & beverage, etc. Since January, there have been lots of improvements at both parks that seem to reverse course. New food booths are being installed (hopefully with better options) and the parks are starting to fix some areas that were looking a bit dated. Toon Lagoon looks the best I've ever seen it.

Hoping we are getting that nighttime parade + new nighttime show package for next year... that will really give Universal an edge and hold USF's popularity through 2026 at least.

I'm really hoping this Gringotts rumor is more of a test of new technology after hours, rather than an actual implementation.

with record profits.

Darned Fast and Furious: Supercharged. First they get rid of the glasses, now every other 3D ride is vulnerable.

That truly is the ride that keeps on giving.

Conversely I think it would help Supercharged to add 3D like it was intended.

Gringotts might actually be okay without it. Especially since the sets are so good.

Conversely I think it would help Supercharged to add 3D like it was intended.

Gringotts might actually be okay without it. Especially since the sets are so good.
Agree to adding 3D to Supercharged but Gringotts would not be okay without it. The entire final act would flat out not work anymore. Most immersion from that scene is created by a combination of the curved screen and 3D. You can't just remove 3D from Gringotts without severely hindering the experience.