Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Gringotts has a phenomenal queue... and that's it.

I just can't get past how much of the ride experience is cobbled together out of beats and gimmicks from other attractions at the resort. The brief transition scenes between the screens, where the vehicles kind of drift and swirl through those tunnel sets, are the best thing the ride experience itself has to offer, and I wish that had been more what the total ride was like instead of another "park in front of a screen, move to the next" attraction.

My main knock against Gringotts is that it’s a dark ride/coaster hybrid where nearly half its duration is sitting in place watching a screen. This might be fine if the simulation was up to snuff, but outside of the first dragon scene there’s barely motion (if any) with those scenes. Makes the ride feel very “red light, green light” and gives it a choppy sense of pacing imo. Still an impressive ride in its scope (and its use of preshows beats Rise to the punch in some ways, even if Rise did it better), but it’s extremely uneven for me.

I think Gringotts has a phenomenal queue... and that's it.

I just can't get past how much of the ride experience is cobbled together out of beats and gimmicks from other attractions at the resort. The brief transition scenes between the screens, where the vehicles kind of drift and swirl through those tunnel sets, are the best thing the ride experience itself has to offer, and I wish that had been more what the total ride was like instead of another "park in front of a screen, move to the next" attraction.

My main knock against Gringotts is that it’s a dark ride/coaster hybrid where nearly half its duration is sitting in place watching a screen. This might be fine if the simulation was up to snuff, but outside of the first dragon scene there’s barely motion (if any) with those scenes. Makes the ride feel very “red light, green light” and gives it a choppy sense of pacing imo. Still an impressive ride in its scope (and its use of preshows beats Rise to the punch in some ways, even if Rise did it better), but it’s extremely uneven for me.
I get that it is gringotts and you are in the vaults, but I wish it had more variety. I wish it had different scenes. I wish we saw other parts of the bank instead of just the vaults.
the ending is really cool.