Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have only been on it once and was in the last row. As such, the screen effect was not very noticeable. To best notice it, which row would people recommend? I have friends heading down soon and wanted to let them know the best area to sit.

I have only been on it once and was in the last row. As such, the screen effect was not very noticeable. To best notice it, which row would people recommend? I have friends heading down soon and wanted to let them know the best area to sit.

I've only been in rows 1, 4, and 6 so I don't know how rows 2 and 3 fare, but the first car gives you an advantage on the effect. Row 4 is the sweet spot IMO, the only scene you have a disadvantage on is the first.

I still don't get what they were trying to achieve.

First, I have no exact idea and I doubt any of us will ever know. But I will give you an example.

Perhaps they were working on a tilting track section and wanted it to go through the tilting motions without the train in place. So, they pulled a trick (which I will not describe) to make the master systems computer think the train was on and locked in place. What might happen with a train further down the track from there I have no idea. But it was something like that to save waiting for a train come through and tilt the track.

Last edited:
Did the ride yesterday, was working great, effects worked really well. Posted wait was 45, but wet on in about 25. It is amazing how well the queue line moves now, the outside queue was about 1/3rd of the covered section, but the line moves almost constantly.

First, I have no exact idea and I doubt any of us will ever know. But I will give you an example.

Perhaps they were working on a tilting track section and wanted it to go through the tilting motions without the train in place. So, they pulled a trick (which I will not describe) to make the master systems computer think the train was on and locked in place. What might happen with a train further down the track from there I have no idea. But it was something like that to save waiting for a train come through and tilt the track.

I find it comforting that you have to force the computer to "let go" for it is release the vehicle..definitely makes me feel safer on the ride

Just rode, and the ending fog was poured on early and thick. Screen was 100% concealed before it pulled away. Amazing!

I had my best rides on this yet over the weekend. Every effect was working properly. Just perfect.