Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Almost died to day on gringotts!!

Someone Farted in the elevator :ded:we were hopeless. Couldn't do a thing!
Not sure why I googled it but this is lore:
Fresh Air Refreshes Totally (F.A.R.T.) was a fringe movement of wizards who preferred to wear robes at all times in public, even when in the vicinity of Muggles, because they believed that trousers "stemmed the magical flow at source" and that having a "healthy breeze" around one's "privates" was desirable.

Now I know filming on the rides is a big no-no, but the video caught my curiosity as I have never seen the ride before with the lights on. I noticed an interesting mechanic that I didn't realize was a thing: on the simulator portions of the ride, the track moves forward and back and not the motion base the cars are on as they apparently only rotate. I did not realize this. I thought all of this time the cars did all of the "moving".

Yup, that's pretty much how they pull that effect off. I can imagine anything other than spinning (tilt, roll, pitch) would be a nightmare if put under any kind of usual coaster forces, so it makes sense it would be on a essentially a piece of track on a motion base to make those movements.

Now I know filming on the rides is a big no-no, but the video caught my curiosity as I have never seen the ride before with the lights on. I noticed an interesting mechanic that I didn't realize was a thing: on the simulator portions of the ride, the track moves forward and back and not the motion base the cars are on as they apparently only rotate. I did not realize this. I thought all of this time the cars did all of the "moving".

Yeah there's five different points where the track physically detaches from the main circuit

A car flying through every, what, 30 seconds?

Several cars on the track at once

And a scene where the track ahead is blocked by a robotic arm and screen

To say programming nightmare is probably an understatement

Yeah - I don't like it. Gringotts is fine with the 3D. If they really are looking for a soft reset of the 3D stuff - look over to Fallon.

Thinking long-term, there really is no need to do this (with F&F and Simpsons one day long gone) unless we get higher quality projections and enhanced work on each scene to "envelope" your eyesight away from the non-screen areas. Alicia mentioned this in her article, but the problem isn't really 3D but the reliance on screens.

Not a fan of this at all. Wonder if there's a bunch of people who come off puking and they think that this will help to fix that?