Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if this really is a hyper coaster? Just throwing that idea out again.

I honestly think if that ever happens, it'll be similar to the canceled Osaka attraction of the Forbidden Forest attraction.

Fake trees yes. Real trees no. Still a safety hazard in inclement weather with branches falling and potentially hitting guests due to wind gusts.

Oh I fully agree with that, and I should've been more specific in my wording; but I would imagine trees similar in what is done at the London tour.

Super excited for the queue for this ride also.

I am really excited about the queue, as it can be very atmospheric if they want to, and that it'd be the next ET Queue.

Reactions: Mike S
Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

Maybe Universal wants it to launch at 45 mph through some terrain hugging bunny hops and diving turns. But also knocked sideways down an embankment and a teeter totter bridge Gwarp can knock sending you backwards off the bridge.
Outside & then inside. Sounds like a plan. ;)

Reactions: Quint and Nico
Hmmm, I think a roller coaster should start out softly like going through the Forbidden Forest from the inside to the outside. I wonder why the immersive will totally look like. A screen with Harry Potter and others telling you where to go and run away for some creature or whatever. Using the pretend magic wands so you could fly out of there with speed.

Hmmm, I think a roller coaster should start out softly like going through the Forbidden Forest from the inside to the outside. I wonder why the immersive will totally look like. A screen with Harry Potter and others telling you where to go and run away for some creature or whatever. Using the pretend magic wands so you could fly out of there with speed.
With no inside info, I'm going to say Harry Potter or Hermoine will play 0 role in this ride. Daniel and Emma are done with doing things like this.

If they could recreate the scene with umbridge being taken away, I would be happy. :lol: She is the most hated HP character for sure.

I honestly hope to god that happens.

With no inside info, I'm going to say Harry Potter or Hermoine will play 0 role in this ride. Daniel and Emma are done with doing things like this.

I agree, and that I am honestly guessing that they will get David and Robbie into the mix, and if they want to have him back; Ralph Finnes.

So...here's an little eulogy I wrote on Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge on some other message boards:

Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge shutting down is, in a way, kind of a small tragedy in of itself.

Unlike Universal Studios Florida, which has essentially gutted out every original attraction that was present at opening day (with the lone exception of ET Adventure), Islands of Adventure had always done a good job of maintaining all of its rides and attractions it had since it first opened. The only things we've lost over the years were mostly minor stuff like the Triceratops Encounter and Island Skipper Tours.

So yeah, Dueling Dragons is the park's first true casualty in that regard. It's just a shame how much the attraction deteriorated over the years. It used to be a premier attraction, a unique one of a kind coaster(s) with luxurious and detailed theming for its queue line when it was apart of The Lost Continent. Then of course, Harry Potter came along and gutted that area, and then it eventually lost the ability to duel, finally ridding the ride(s) completely of its soul. And now here we are, and it's all going to disappear completely.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is no doubt a huge accomplishment for theme park design and I'm looking forward to seeing this new attraction, but, as an old fan of Islands of Adventure, I kinda hate to see how much was sacrificed for it. I'll always miss walking by the two awesome fire and ice dragons that used to be in front of Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge...

I also believe this is the first B&M coaster to be torn down and not moved/replaced. Thats a pretty good track record for B&M

Super excited for the queue for this ride also.
I believe this will be highly themed. Not sure about much of the forbidden Forrest but from what visuals I have seen, this should make for an amazing queue.

General question, if one does want to see more of the Forbidden Forrest, which movie does one watch for Harry Potter?

Why do we keep discussing whether this will be a family coaster or not? Didn't y'all read the announcement from Universal?

This all-new thrill ride will take you deeper into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where you will encounter some of your favorite characters and creatures. It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family.

Now of course, just because it'll be fun for the whole family, doesn't mean it won't be thrilling. They're still calling it a "thrill ride" after all. Personally, I think FJ and Gringotts are more thrilling than what Disney calls "family rides." But yes, we have confirmation that this will be a family coaster.

At very least, that means it'll be less intense than the ride it's replacing.

But with show scenes and immersive theming, we wouldn't want something that's too fast the whole time to take it in anyway. A healthy mix of thrill and story would be nice.
If it is like Verbolten at BGW I'd be one happy camper

Not that it helps much, but internal notes are referring to it as a "coaster that redefines the category."

I think that rules out most of what we would think of if it's been done before.
What I'm most intrigued about. Doubt they are using that floo network patent though.

Universal was right these coasters really redefine the category. How thrilling yet family friendly!

60db54c1924a6645b88f16b08fbc2fec.jpg

Edit: I am ashamed of myself for having posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.