Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused as to what this ride will be based on this announcement. Seems like they announced this, just to announce something.

Are they keeping the track system already in place? Are they taking the entire thing down? It sounds like a VR coaster to me if they're using same track.

It's not going to be a VR roller coaster as far as I'm concerned, it would be a family-like roller coaster where you're immersed into the world of Harry Potter, with less intensity than the Forbidden Journey.

It's not going to be a VR roller coaster as far as I'm concerned, it would be a family-like roller coaster where you're immersed into the world of Harry Potter, with less intensity than the Forbidden Journey.

And how would you know that it's going to be less intense than FJ?

They said it will be for the whole family to enjoy so I suspect it might be less intense than the FJ, although thrilling.

Just because it is said to be for the whole family, that doesn't mean it'll be on the thrill scale of 7DMT.

The attraction will have a good thrill factor, perhaps maybe on the level of Space Mountain (Cali, mind you) or Big Thunder. Either way, this will depend on who is the ultimate manufacturer and who is creating the ride.

Speaking of who is, I am placing a bet that Thinkwell will be HEAVILY involved with UC, Warner, and Thierry.

So to clarify...this will be an E-Ticket attraction?

Yes, it probably will be considering that the ride will be themed surrounding the Forbidden Forest. I suspect that practical sets with some screens thrown around will be used for the new ride, especially when Star Wars Land is opening in 2019.

I don't know if I would consider a coaster that was designed to blast through a ground hugging zero g roll at 70mph family friendly. Coupled with a 52" height requirement, nothing about that ride screams family friendly coaster. . .
Well, Jaguar at Knott's has a '48 height requirement and that's considered a family coaster. RnR and Screamin' (Pretty sure) have the same height requirement so…..

SFX coaster is WAY more of a coaster. It'd be like stapling Mummy onto the back of Gringotts

I always saw Gringotts as more of a prototype, an appetizer for when Universal actually decided to build a real SFX coaster

Come to think of it, IOA dosen't have a Mummy counterpart....Spiderman has Transformers, Kong has F&F, Cat has MIB....Here's hoping it's that thrilling
Don't get me wrong, i'm definitely looking forward to a Forbidden Forest ride, I just think that using such a similar ride system with the same IP will be a little weird (even if it is more of a coaster than Gringotts).

Could we see a queue similar to ET going here? If so, I wonder how that would bode for the future of that ride.

I would almost think that a good portion of the land would be with that, wide pathways but with the roots and the trees overcoming you.

From what I gathered, there will be a segment of the attraction that does go outside, so it could be possible that they use the trees as a form of shade for the coaster to run even in inclimate weather (excluding lightning, mind you).

I would almost think that a good portion of the land would be with that, wide pathways but with the roots and the trees overcoming you.

From what I gathered, there will be a segment of the attraction that does go outside, so it could be possible that they use the trees as a form of shade for the coaster to run even in inclimate weather (excluding lightning, mind you).

Fake trees yes. Real trees no. Still a safety hazard in inclement weather with branches falling and potentially hitting guests due to wind gusts.

Status
Not open for further replies.