Hell Week Wait Times | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Hell Week Wait Times

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds like one of the VTU's went down for a short time today which led to back ups and the max posted 240 min wait time.

Agreed. I looked at both parks at 7:30 which is going to show lower waits. However, there was still 6 or 7 rides with 100+ waits at Uni where MK started to have their normal drop in times. I honestly wouldn't go to any of them, but the longer park hours and more rides does help MK out during these insane crowds. Now DHS the waits I imagine got toy Story and the coaster were crazy high. That park doesn't have capacity either.
Yes, I'd probably never vacation in Orlando during this two week period. These wait times are just extraordinary. Heck, I won't wait an hour for a ride, let alone two or three. I'm really spoiled by Universal express. But the deluxe hotels are too expensive this time of year. So I stay home in western Pa. where it seems more like Christmas anyway. And this year we even had Orlando weather for Christmas Eve. Temps in the 70's.

They should've held off on closing Twister and Disaster until after the 1st. I can't imagine they've made much advances in less than two months and it looks like the parks could have used them during this time.

Actually now that I think about it I have been to the parks a ton around Christmas lol I used to come down and visit family when I was a kid and we went to all the parks. I do remember the first year of AK being insane and the line to the Safari being huge. But I don't remember MK, Epcot, or DHS being crazy busy. We did Uni and Sea World only a couple times I feel like Sea World is the easiest to navigate when crowded because of the animal exhibits and shows. AK is probably the second easiest (now that it is not the first year like when my insane family did it) for the same reason. Then MK, which my husband and I have done Christmas day and Christmas Eve a lot since we moved down because we didn't have family down here for the longest time. Those days are over, but we would go around 6 at night and honestly it wasn't that bad because the crowds start to die down. We would do food, fireworks, parade, and then ride rides until closing which was always after midnight. Since moving here I have done Sea World during the hell weeks also to see the special shows a second or third time. If they still had the Christmas shows this weekend I would probably go this year. I think DHS and the two Uni parks are probably the hardest to get thru during these types of weeks. Followed quickly by Epcot. Epcot only advantage over those 3 are the countries and people like to roam those along with the theater shows.

MK pretty packed too.
Mine Train wins the highest wait award at 180 minutes.
Space Mountain comes in second at 130
With 5 total rides over 100 minutes
7 Rides between 60 and 100 minutes

As for other parks, Soarin is 160, Toy story is 125, Tower of Terror is 180, and Everest is only 75. Animal Kingdom seems to have the lowest waits of all the parks.

MK pretty packed too.
Mine Train wins the highest wait award at 180 minutes.
Space Mountain comes in second at 130
With 5 total rides over 100 minutes
7 Rides between 60 and 100 minutes

As for other parks, Soarin is 160, Toy story is 125, Tower of Terror is 180, and Everest is only 75. Animal Kingdom seems to have the lowest waits of all the parks.
Yeah, Animal Kingdom has been coming under the Touring Plans projections during most of the holiday season. Everything else has been crowded though.

This is where Disaster and Twister helped. Hopefully Fallon and Fast and Furious will be people Easters New Years 2017.

And this is why I don't think they should take Kidzone out until some of their other stuff is back up and running. I am hoping they wait until at least August next year. They take out kidzone before spring break and spring break is going to be awful.

I get why people go to the parks at this time, as everyone has off school. What I don't understand is how anyone can enjoy these parks when they have to wait hours for a 2-4 min attraction.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Current highest times at all of the parks, below this spoiler link:
- Buzz: 70 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 70 minutes
- Dumbo: 75 minutes
- It's a Small World: 95 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 105 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 125 minutes
- Peter Pan's Flight: 130 minutes
- Splash Mountain: 150 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 180 minutes
- Space Mountain: 180 minutes
- Test Track: 120 minutes
- Soarin': 140 minutes
- Tower of Terror: 90 minutes
- Star Tours: 100 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 175 minutes
- Rock' 'n' Roller Coaster: 180 minutes
- Everest: 80 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 90 minutes
- Kiliminjaro Safari: 90 minutes
- Minion Mayhem: 120 minutes
- E.T. Adventure: 90 minutes
- Escape from Gringotts: 150 minutes
- Hogwarts Express: 60 minutes from Diagon, 75 from Hogsmeade
- Rip Ride Rockit: 100 minutes
- Men in Black: 110 minutes
- Revenge of the Mummy: 95 minutes
- Shrek 4D: 60 minutes
- Simpsons Ride: 100 minutes
- Transformers: 150 minutes
- Woody Woodpecker: 60 minutes (???????)
- Doctor Doom: 60 minutes
- Dudley Do-Right: 120 minutes
- Hipogriff: 60 minutes
- Forbidden Journey: 150 minutes
- Jurassic Park: 120 minutes
- Popeye: 75 minutes
- Pteranodon Flyers: 90 minutes
- Spider-Man: 130 minutes
- High in the Sky Trolley: 60 minutes
- Poseidon's Fury: 65 minutes

Ouch! From an out of towner there is no way I would step foot on any of these properties with these wait times, especially when 80-90% of your time in the park is waiting in line or walking to another line. I'll pass!

That's the highest wait I've seen so far. Three and a half hours... is Space Mountain that worth it?! Is a track down or something?

Update: Mine Train is at 230. Just short of four hours.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That's the highest wait I've seen so far. Three and a half hours... is Space Mountain that worth it?! Is a track down or something?

Update: Mine Train is at 230. Just short of four hours.
About last week it hit 90 min and the people were already out of the queue, hate to see it now

I get why people go to the parks at this time, as everyone has off school. What I don't understand is how anyone can enjoy these parks when they have to wait hours for a 2-4 min attraction.
Well it wouldn't be the parks without them. Your ultimate goal is to ride and enjoy the attractions I'm sure, but is it not during this time of year that many people do the "Family" thing to the extreme? I think that may be a reason people don't mind, at least from what I've understood with crowds so far. People are around the ones they love who set the atmosphere of where they are, and in the end that can result in a great time ina ride queue of 100 minutes or 20 minutes.

Yeah when I went as a kid the crowds just didn't seem bad. I remember lines, but I remember having a good time way more. My memories were all positive and talking with my mom so was hers.