Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Poltergeist

Actually very Curious for this one. 747 Tent is a very good venue for a Property of this many effects. And Poltergeist is generally a Classic Property.

I have enjoyed the previous takes on both Exorcist and Shining but I'm actually pretty stumped on how they pull this off. Still excited for their take regardless.

NOOOO WAAAY NO ONE EVER SAW THIS COMING

In all seriousness, Poltergeist is a huge get for Universal; and it should be interesting to see how they handle it..but because of "reasons", I'm noping this to the moon.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's great, but maaan am I not excited for this. And it's all because of a stupid, freaking, clown that still gives me PTSD.

So what do we have in terms of scenes?

TV, face peeling, clown and tree, dining room table with the chairs stacked on top, maggot chicken, ESP ghosts, lion beast, bedroom closet, and the pool and house cemetery scene.

Yeah, I'm feeling this maze.

Last edited:
So what do we have in terms of scenes?

TV, face peeling, clown and tree, dining room table with the chairs stacked on top, maggot chicken, ESP ghosts, lion beast, bedroom closet, and the pool and house cemetery scene.

Yeah, I'm feeling this maze.

And also maybe the graveyard. The write up also mentioned vanishing walls and floating furniture so I feel like this maze might be reminiscent of FvJ & Exorcist in terms of effects. Really excited to see how they handle the clown

Already talked about this, but this is battling number 1 as my most anticipated. Gonna be fantastic, I already feel it!

On another note, we got another cool custom video for the announcement.
In all seriousness, Poltergeist is a huge get for Universal
Cool custom video? Its as basic as it can possibly be. No film footage or even the iconic Carol-Anne silhouette. Seems more like very restricted on what they could do as far as announcements go.. And yea, it is a huge get for Universal considering WB owns the film & it was the 3rd IP they named off as having in their "library of horror" at the beginning of their panel.

As for scenes, they listed off a few of the things in their PR article, but one has to wonder how much of that was for Orlando and was only included to make it sound better. I'm curious how Murdy plans to pull off the pool scene believably in a tent (this is why Soundstages are useful... although Orlando's Frightanic in 1997 had water effects & it was in the Disaster queue).

Not sure why people try to praise the location though. A tent is a tent. They don't hold mystical magical powers of being better than another location. Afterall, SAW was in this location last year & it was a dumpster fire. So lets hope the execution of the maze is as good as the facade.

Some tents are bigger than others lol
Like the AHS Metro spot is usually the biggest tent.
Mummy is the smallest.
747 Tent is pulling in magic powers from the 747 soundstage to make it better!!!
For example, there's never ever been a bad maze in the JP Queue.
I'm one of those magical tent thinkers though, so I have no logical input lol

Bigger tent doesn't mean anything. Its still a black tarp held up by metal poles. If the execution of the mazes sucks, size matters not.

Mummy is not that small of a location, after all this time, they just don't know how to buy extra tarp to extend the tent to cover the rest of the maze.

They could always bring it back next year with new scenes from 2 and 3. At the bottom of the promo material for HHN's announcement, it specifically says MGM, so maybe they have the attraction rights.