HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks Ralph! Maybe I'm missing something, but...... where would a "Zombie Tony Montana" fit in??? :lol:

Ok, back the truck up, because I feel like a moron :lol:

When I originally read "Zombie Tony Montana", for some reason my brain was processing "Zombie Joe Montana" - as in a zombie football player. Hence why I wasn't making the theme connection at all. :doh:

TONY Montana. As in "say hello to my little friend". Can't believe I misinterpreted that. :doh:

Ok, back the truck up, because I feel like a moron :lol:

When I originally read "Zombie Tony Montana", for some reason my brain was processing "Zombie Joe Montana" - as in a zombie football player. Hence why I wasn't making the theme connection at all. :doh:

TONY Montana. As in "say hello to my little friend". Can't believe I misinterpreted that. :doh:

Zombie Joe Montana drops back to pass, and OH, it looks like he broke his leg again, it just snapped clean off!!! :lol:

I posted this on the Rockit thread, but I thought I would add it here. Rumor has it they won't be running Rockit during HHN.

Yeah, I've heard that rumor as well. It would upset me big time.

But I mean... how can the queues for the soundstage houses go under HRRR? Judging by where Wolfman's entrance is according to the map you would have to go under HRRR. I'm not too sure, but it doesn't sound good.

I posted this on the Rockit thread, but I thought I would add it here. Rumor has it they won't be running Rockit during HHN.

Yeah. I've heard a lot of different rumors on this. That it will be running, that it won't be, that it'll only be open for half of HHN. Guess we will see :lol:

Yeah. I've heard a lot of different rumors on this. That it will be running, that it won't be, that it'll only be open for half of HHN. Guess we will see :lol:

I did hear from someone who works on RRR that it will not be running, With the Queue lines running under and around it there is an element of things being lost on the ride and hitting a guest in a queue line, Camera's, glasses, puke ect.....

7832_152662433232_126469058232_2712554_7656533_n.jpg

SEEING RED
– Universal Orlando Resort prepares for opening night of Halloween Horror Nights 19: Ripped From the Silver Screen with the yearly tradition of “Blood Day” – when each of the event’s eight haunted houses are doused with fake blood. Karen Rigsby dips a limb in the red substance.​

I did hear from someone who works on RRR that it will not be running, With the Queue lines running under and around it there is an element of things being lost on the ride and hitting a guest in a queue line, Camera's, glasses, puke ect.....

I heard that it will run as soon as they get nets for it. Now when that would be, who knows. They might not get the nets until after the event is over.

Preview from the Orlando Sentinel...

Curtain rises on Halloween Horror Nights 19 at Universal Orlando

49433285.jpg

Familiar, frightful faces fill this year's edition of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios — but a few longtime fiends come with twists.

The silver-screen theme that runs throughout the event, from haunted houses to scare zones to shows, provides opportunity to interact with bigger-than-life scary characters dating from the 1930s to today, plus it teases to upcoming Universal productions.

"I think Saw is the most popular of our brands this year," says Michael Roddy, show producer at Universal Orlando. "I think it will be one of the major draws. It's prevalent, it's contemporary, people know what that is."

Saw, a series of torture-driven mind-game movies, debuts its sixth installment Oct. 23. Horror fans know the stories and expect realistic simulations. Roddy says the Saw haunted house will be "greatest hits" package of the Saw films.

"You're actually going to walk into Jigsaw's lair," he says. "As you walk in, it's an industrial building, almost nondescript. And as you enter, you're immediately in his workshop. You'll see all of the TVs and the cameras, and you'll come face-to-monitor with [puppet] Billy, who'll give you your task, which is to make it through this maze."

Tobin Bell, who plays the diabolical scientist Jigsaw, recorded new lines for the house.

"For us, it's a big, big challenge that we replicate this 100 percent," says T.J. Mannarino, director of art and design for Universal Orlando. "Saw will have to match that intensity, that excitement."

For old-school, classic characters Dracula and Frankenstein's monster, Universal will present a modern take on the original movies. Don't look for Herman Munster or Count Chocula.

"In 1931, people fled the theater [during Frankenstein]. In Dracula, people fainted," Roddy notes. "Now, so many years later, you go back to 'Well, what is Frankenstein's monster?' It's a reanimated corpse that has been burned, and it was stitched together."

The pieced-together theme runs throughout the Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned house, which is set in time after the Bride of Frankenstein movie. The castle — and other creatures — are being reassembled haphazardly with available materials.

The monster looks like a work in progress — thin, skull showing through in spots, and gray, not green. The costuming has a steampunk look: sort of a science-fiction feel using Victorian era materials such as polished wood, brass and iron.

"It's taking the beginning of electric and the beginning of that kind of life and bringing it into a period costume," says Susan Moore, design manager of art and design.

For the Dracula: Legacy of Blood house (very gothic with tapestry and statuary), designers shunned the widow's-peak look for a Vlad the Impaler style: belted tunic, high boots, cape and a key bit of protection.

"He's going to get one piece of armor that protects his heart," Moore says.

There will be a few different incarnations of the Count.

"We have the bat-faced look for him, and we have more of where he's changing from one to another, but always coming back to our classic look for him," Moore says.

The house will be populated with Dracula's wives. Some are pale and beautiful, but some aren't taking to this marriage. Universal calls them the "feral brides."

They're "really decrepit, disgusting, almost beastlike," Mannarino says.

The Wolfman house essentially serves as a preview of the Universal Pictures' upcoming The Wolfman starring Benicio Del Toro.

"We were basically given access to all their designs, and this is a big-budget version. A lot of amazing production value has gone into it." Roddy says. Although the house is built inside a soundstage, it has an outdoors feel with a gypsy camp, a forest and the sensation of being chased by a lycanthrope.

"This is the only place you're going to be able to see the Wolfman. It doesn't open until February, so that's pretty cool for us," Roddy says.

Yes it does, those monkeys are gonna freak me out. I'm gonna have nightmares about those. And that's what I expected the flying monkeys to look like last year in the oz scarezone.

HHN 19 Opening Night

Annabannaboo and I will be there starting around 5:30 to cover opening night. Make sure you follow our Twitter @officialou and keep checking the forums as we will be providing live updates and comments as the night unfolds. :thumbs:

Look for an extensive review and update soon!