Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

Was that ever disappointing! If you were hoping for a scare in that zone, forget it. It was jam-packed with people taking photos with all the scareactors. And when you were able to walk around, the scareactors were just walking around not interacting or even trying to scare you. Lame.

Plus I didn't like how they had Jack just standing around in the stairwell basically for photo ops. He's supposed to be the ringleader, talking & in-charge of the surroundings. Here he was quiet and moving around like a scared cat.

Overall though, a great last hurrah night. Very empty - finally! Hit Chucky, Spawning, SS, Cleaver & Frank (still terrible) for the last time. And Jaws - that ride is the best at night!

Charles from HHNVault had a very different and plausible view on this new "scarezone"..

Here's a thought..

The props have nothing to do with next yr.. listen to the audio and look at the characters.. certain icons are watching over you as you enter and leave. Basically UO first official icon lets you in and and the latest icon ushers you out... there watching over the shadows of the past.

This is very intriguing...maybe they're just letting us see and feel the Icons one last time before all of them are retired and put away for good. The alley is HHN's Past and the Usher is "ushering" you into a new era of HHN...

Very interesting...

Charles from HHNVault had a very different and plausible view on this new "scarezone"..

This is very intriguing...maybe they're just letting us see and feel the Icons one last time before all of them are retired and put away for good. The alley is HHN's Past and the Usher is "ushering" you into a new era of HHN...

Very interesting...

That's extremely interesting, and a good inference.

I think some people put a lot of thinking in this process. I think the scarezones have got complaints for being to small so. They said hey people are complaining the scar zones are to small, do we have any thing we can do. Hey lets get all those old icon costumes and past houses costumes that people like and make a scare zone.

And also we have to put Jack out so people will continue to think of him. I think this happened a few years ago when they put a bunch of clowns out in between Shriek I think Disneyboi was in that zone.

I don't read a lot into except for something to make up for the small zones this year. I mean I remember when the Whole NY street was a zone and that was not that long ago.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Oh also at HHN 13 they had the follow up to HHN 12's ScreamHouse and the Year the did Scary Tales HHN 11 I think they followed it up with Scary tales 2. So No they can follow houses up pretty quick if they need to.

Also a quick word on HHN XX 8 houses is plenty, It is getting harder and harder to see all the houses in 1 night if they add any more it will have to go to a multi night for any one who goes. But maybe they are trying to get it to an event that you have to spend over 100 dollars a night to get a ticket and express pass or RIP tour or FFP.

I was reading some house counts for people and seeing how many nights they went and I was amazed at how many people went multipil nights yet there house count didn't match number of times in all the houses example

went 11 times
dracula 8
wolfman 9
Frankenstein 5
Saw 4
Silver Screams 12
The Spawning 6
Chucky 9
Leave it to Cleaver 8

I don't know if that was length of lines or just out hanging.out

Interesting thoughts but really, I think everyone's thinking too hard about this. They needed an extra scarezone to manage the unexpectedly large crowds, they were probably gonna do something like this anyways to see which icons to feature next year. Remember they have HHN planned out 3 years in advance at this point. The theme for next year is set, probably all the marketing for next year is set, or real close to finalized. You can't turn promotions/commercials/all that stuff overnight. The reunion is not secret, they are likely just gauging which icons guests really are afraid of to feature next year.

We are projected low tonight. I want to see EVERYONE. Come visit me. Last night we didn't have a wait until around 9:30 and it only lasted until about 11. Come and visit me. I love scaring my friends and I want to get as many of you as possible.

On the note of all 8 houses. If you don't see all 8 houses tonight and Bill and Ted then you just aren't trying too. The same can be said for last night.

We are projected low tonight. I want to see EVERYONE. Come visit me. Last night we didn't have a wait until around 9:30 and it only lasted until about 11. Come and visit me. I love scaring my friends and I want to get as many of you as possible.

On the note of all 8 houses. If you don't see all 8 houses tonight and Bill and Ted then you just aren't trying too. The same can be said for last night.

Dood I will be there. I'm going to attempt to bring threw Roberto and crew. Get ready to eat him. :lol:

Ahhhh I SO wish we could be there too...... But I hope everyone has fun! I miss HHN19 already!!

Jake.. we JUST missed you last night. Your cast came on at 1:30 and the line moved
so fast we got in at 1:25. The house was awesome though, everyone did a great job.