HHN 2022: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Just announced

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBlonde
So first off: love, love love looooooove the trailer and the cover art. They did it extremely well and captured the couple in a terrifying way. The fact they managed to do it that well for The Weeknd makes me happy.

What I find interesting for Hollywood and Orlando, is that they are going in favor of doing the style Hollywood has coined with artists, prioritizing on a singular album. Hopefully this means if it's successful, we see dFM next year, then followed by the finale to his new trilogy.

Also love what has been spoken of the maze from both Murdy and Gray.

I guess I'll spoil the love parade. But meh. Looks goofy to me. I don't think any of the musician houses have worked for me and while I'm a huge fan of The Weeknd, I had my reservations about it working, and this just isn't my particular sense of tone. Obviously I'll hold final judgment for when I go through the maze, but I have little-to-no anticipation for this. Also, something about the art reminds me of Knotts and that instantly makes me shiver in worry.

It doesn't help like a dozen of my friends sent me laughing emojis with a link for the trailer, mocking it. Even after I told them it'd be happening, I think the execution so far is just..."what? BAHAHAHA."

I'm mostly excited because it seems like Abel himself was heavily involved in the design process and seems very passionate about horror and HHN. This could be really great and give HHN more IPs to pull from in the future.

Dang, this is the one getting SS29. As predicted, but still. The sound should be amazing in the queue at least!!!
Also means this will be either the first or second maze most of us will hit. Unless they drastically change things up this year. That's another plus.
I'm hoping whatever is in TWDA or Waterworld will be a great night ender.

Last edited:
Im excited! I always love when they make unusual choices for houses good and bad. I’m curious to see how it will influence ip choice in the future of the event if its successful.

So.....no one is going to talk about the mirror section going to be used? Will this get a "mirror maze" scene similar to what Orlando does with their houses? I would bet Blinding Lights will be played in that scene.

I mean, Murdy flat out said there would be a mirror scene & since they worked closely with Orlando for this specific maze concept I'd think it's safe to say we'll get something similar

However, 2015's Halloween maze had the mirror realm Michael Myers room of doom, so IF that scene returns we'll get two mazes with mirrors reflecting our fears.

Reactions: rageofthegods
HHN decal was recently added to the outside of the Universal Studio Store. Here's a close up look of the characters released on the art for The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare:
1661458705741.png
Credit to Theme Park Wizard on YouTube

Reactions: ghostsarejerks