Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

So. It sounds like no one is allowed to take pictures inside the IP houses during the UTH tours. This is some huge B.S. and I have a feeling that Ryan Murphy didn't know about the tours ahead of time?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/ZombieCT">@ZombieCT</a> as of today that is correct. You&#39;re still welcome to snap as many pictures as you&#39;d like inside our original mazes! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AskUniversal?src=hash">#AskUniversal</a></p>&mdash; Universal Orlando (@UniversalORL) <a href="">September 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even if RM kicked up a fuss, why are we no longer allowed to photograph the other IP houses?

Even if RM kicked up a fuss, why are we no longer allowed to photograph the other IP houses?

I have absolutely no proof, just guesses, but I'm thinking it's one of those "just cut it off completely" situations rather than sour guests towards a rights holder that we're developing a relationship with.

Realistically, let's take a look at the potential IP holders that made a stink...

-Halloween: Probably not since they have a Mike Meyers set up in the store. Also, good working relationship.
-TCM: Similar to Halloween, they have a good relationship.
-Krampus: Possibly, but there's video of Krampus houses from other haunts online, and they seem easy to work with.
-Exorcist: 2nd highest possibility, but they even had Regan in a scarezone last year that tons of people took pictures of.
-AHS: A notoriously picky rights holder and/or creator that they've had difficulty striking deals with in the past.

Smoke and fire folks...

I have absolutely no proof, just guesses, but I'm thinking it's one of those "just cut it off completely" situations rather than sour guests towards a rights holder that we're developing a relationship with.

Realistically, let's take a look at the potential IP holders that made a stink...

-Halloween: Probably not since they have a Mike Meyers set up in the store. Also, good working relationship.
-TCM: Similar to Halloween, they have a good relationship.
-Krampus: Possibly, but there's video of Krampus houses from other haunts online, and they seem easy to work with.
-Exorcist: 2nd highest possibility, but they even had Regan in a scarezone last year that tons of people took pictures of.
-AHS: A notoriously picky rights holder and/or creator that they've had difficulty striking deals with in the past.

Smoke and fire folks...

I am not trying to figure out who made the fuss, just why not switch out that house tour for another and let people take pictures of the other IP houses?

It's not any creator getting pissy.

Seems like someone took funny pics inside a house with one of the props and it wasn't appreciated by some.

Ah. Gotcha.

Wow. Seems like a pretty piss-poor reason to cancel all pictures across the board though.

Seems like someone took funny pics inside a house with one of the props and it wasn't appreciated by some.

That makes more sense.

I remember in 2011 wanting to see "The Thing" house with the lights on, but they said they said something about not having permission to show the house since some of it was actual movie props. I assumed from that point on that they always had to receive the IP holder's blessing first.

This still sucks as one person ruined things for the rest of us

It also still begs the question, why not just replace the offending house with one that would be considered "safer" rather than neutering a program that has been really successful for them?

That makes more sense.

I remember in 2011 wanting to see "The Thing" house with the lights on, but they said they said something about not having permission to show the house since some of it was actual movie props. I assumed from that point on that they always had to receive the IP holder's blessing first.

This still sucks as one person ruined things for the rest of us

I wouldn't say they ruined it. It was a harmless photo and most of us wouldn't have even looked twice at it. Just UO bring uber-protective.

I don't see this rule sticking very long.

It also still begs the question, why not just replace the offending house with one that would be considered "safer" rather than neutering a program that has been really successful for them?

Cuz only 3 houses remain. The Walking Dead, which tour guides have admitted that it's been featured for 4 years as a highlight of the tour and know fans don't need to see it again; Chance, which really offers nothing to see set-wise; and Tomb, which is so tight and dark, they can't actually do the tour in there.

I know it's really easy to overdramatise things on the Internet, but I'm genuinely wounded about this new ruling. I've already paid for a full day of UTH and was so looking forward to taking as many shots as I could with my DSLR :(
I'm hoping that common sense prevails and this is overturned soon.

Hey guys I bought the FFP+Express. Am I able to upgrade it to the FFPP + Express and pay the difference if I call them? I already received my tickets in the mail and don't know if I can do this. Thanks for any help!

Then why just IP houses? Not saying a creator was pissy, but Universal seems convinced they might be if they saw the photos.

You have up until 48 hours before the tour to cancel for a full refund.

I heard some numbers floating around last night that make me wonder if all tours won't just end up being cancelled. So many demanding refunds it might not be worth it to continue with the handful who still want to go.

I wouldn't say they ruined it. It was a harmless photo and most of us wouldn't have even looked twice at it. Just UO bring uber-protective.

I don't see this rule sticking very long.

Cuz only 3 houses remain. The Walking Dead, which tour guides have admitted that it's been featured for 4 years as a highlight of the tour and know fans don't need to see it again; Chance, which really offers nothing to see set-wise; and Tomb, which is so tight and dark, they can't actually do the tour in there.

I heard some numbers floating around last night that make me wonder if all tours won't just end up being cancelled. So many demanding refunds it might not be worth it to continue with the handful who still want to go.

Any update on this situation today? Our tour is scheduled for Friday and I am trying to figure out what to do

We've done the Behind the Screams Tour the last four times we have been to HHN. I think the first time it was $50 and we got to tour four houses and the tour guide was fantastic. Last year it was around $75(?) and only three houses. I just couldn't have justified spending the cash this year. Now I hear we couldn't have taken pictures of the IP houses. Glad I opted out.

We've just done the tour today.
Situation still the same, no pics in IP houses. The guides are really unhappy about it, and told us to complain at guest services.
We did, and they refunded the full amount to us.
For us, it's really not worth it, without being able to take pics.

We've just done the tour today.
Situation still the same, no pics in IP houses. The guides are really unhappy about it, and told us to complain at guest services.
We did, and they refunded the full amount to us.
For us, it's really not worth it, without being able to take pics.

We do the tour tomorrow. Has anyone else gotten refunds?