HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm 27 and only know B&T through HHN.
This is the part that I think is most surprising, Bill and Ted have become iconic characters that in the Orlando area are synonymous with HHN. I'm a little surprised that if they had an issue with it they didn't just change the format of the show. I suppose that that would have maybe drawn even more criticism. In any case HHN is losing a big part of its brand and image. I wonder if they may rethink this decision and bring them back a few years later, they could then tone the show down significantly and people would be happy just to see it return.

I also heard some comments that Mike Aielo had fought hard to keep the show after the 2013 incident in Hollywood, I wonder if his fading involvement in the event played a part in this.

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
I also heard some comments that Mike Aiello had fought hard to keep the show after the 2013 incident in Hollywood, I wonder if his fading involvement in the event played a part in this.
Mike is still heavily involved in HHN, just in a capacity one level higher. We don't "see" him as much because he's higher up the pole.

This was a perfect storm with the perfect timing. I'd suspect Mike was very involved in this decision.

Mike is still heavily involved in HHN, just in a capacity one level higher. We don't "see" him as much because he's higher up the pole.

This was a perfect storm with the perfect timing. I'd suspect Mike was very involved in this decision.
I have no knowledge at all, but I would suspect he wasn't exactly for this decision, maybe his new role has given him more distance and more responsibility if things go wrong with the show and his willingness to defend it has faded.

I have no knowledge at all, but I would suspect he wasn't exactly for this decision, maybe his new role has given him more distance and more responsibility if things go wrong with the show and his willingness to defend it has faded.
Or the contract ran up and Aiello doesn't have enough pull to get the higher ups to agree to extend the licensing agreement. Universal's lawyers probably hate the show and are relieved the contract is up.

Or the contract ran up and Aiello doesn't have enough pull to get the higher ups to agree to extend the licensing agreement. Universal's lawyers probably hate the show and are relieved the contract is up.
Honestly I can't imagine the license was an issue at all. CLC the company that licenses the characters has worked with HHN for 26 years. They also are extremely loose with allowing pretty much anyone to license the property and I suspect they don't expect large sums of money for it. Although I agree it could have been used as a good excuse as a "good time" to let it go.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Honestly I can't imagine the license was an issue at all. CLC the company that licenses the characters has worked with HHN for 26 years. They also are extremely loose with allowing pretty much anyone to license the property and I suspect they don't expect large sums of money for it. Although I agree it could have been used as a good excuse as a "good time" to let it go.
My point was I can't imagine UOR's lawyers like B&T - especially in an era where our President uses Twitter as a weapon - so the licensing being up was convenient timing and there was probably no fight to be had. It was over.

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne
My point was, the Lawyers probably hate B&T - especially in an era where our President uses Twitter as a weapon - so the licensing being up was convenient timing and there was probably no fight to be had. It was over.
I don't think the lawyers hate it I think it's the executives who get nervous of PR issues. But yeah I get what your saying and agree.

Also fun fact the license for the Terminator show comes from the same company.

Its time has past. Last year's finale would have been the time to do it.

Last year's intro--"Here's to 25 more years. Well ... probably not."--kind of hints that the writing was on the wall even then. "Camera police" got worse every year, media on both sides of the political spectrum ready to jump on the slightest offensive joke, Disney owning all the nerdy IPs and probably stepping up their copyright protections--all the effort for a show mostly loved by die-hards who will grumble but show up next year anyway. I get it, even if I don't like it.

Shows are necessary to occupy people.

This is potentially a huge issue next year--as maligned as it is by fanbois, most B&T shows still take >1000 guests off the street and out of a house for over an hour, when you factor in time to sit and later exit. One of the few places to just sit for a while at the event as well. Then again, I don't know where half the houses go, either--for better or for worst, I think 2017 will be the end of HHN as we currently know it.

This is potentially a huge issue next year--as maligned as it is by fanbois, most B&T shows still take >1000 guests off the street and out of a house for over an hour, when you factor in time to sit and later exit. One of the few places to just sit for a while at the event as well. Then again, I don't know where half the houses go, either--for better or for worst, I think 2017 will be the end of HHN as we currently know it.
I think with how big of a player UOR has gotten to be, I think they honestly see HHN as a bit of an inconvenience now. The event needs to move to the third park once that opens as far as i'm concerned.

I had a feeling this was coming, though I'll agree with @Legacy that Universal is doing this right. It's much better having a Farewell Tour then just announcing it's already gone, or pulling a Hollywood and straight-up canceling it partway through it's run.

No doubt it's bogus to the fans that the show is ending, but there's plenty of factors why it's understandable.

- Both FFL and Animal Actors are going down, so no major ampitheater to hold it in.
- Contracts ending.
- The sheer plausibility of Uni probably no longer wanting to do a show like this with strict no photo/camera policy.
- While one's mileage may vary on this element, the shows quality.

An' hearing that those involved in the show are in good terms on the show ending, you can't really complain there. Heck, it could mean this Farewell Show is really good!

Farewell Bill and Ted, as always...Be Excellent to Each Other, and Party On, Dudes!

(Also, I have to agree that some people were definitely melodramatic on this news, expecting a big meltdown on the themepark feeds. Uh, sorry to dissapoint? A lot of people have been pretty understanding why it's happening. I look at other sites and most are in agreement that the show hasn't been funny in a while, and they wern't fond of the no camera policies so they're glad it going. The only people I've seen raging about this are the ones who complain about most everything at HHN, so it's just par for the course from them.

This just ain't meltdown-worthy, after all you really think we're going to rage over something which is pointing to Fear Factor Live finally going away for good?)

Reactions: SeventyOne
This just ain't meltdown-worthy
I think you can have a meltdown and still be understanding of it. Also as I said before the fact it's a year off and we have a full season of the show to be excited about helps. For me this is about as close as I can come to a meltdown in the theme park world. HHN is the one big thing I look forward to each year and B&T is THE reason I love it so much. For me this news is absolutely identical to them announcing they are cancelling HHN. I attend the event 20+ nights each year and after this year I likely won't attend at all at future events. I'm not mad, I understand and I'm not trying to boycott or anything out of anger, it's just the big reason I enjoy it so much will be gone. It's additionally a big factor in my reasoning for keeping my annual pass. If something changes I could see letting that go as well. I never would have imagined I would ever feel that way, but having a young child now and spending more time with things he likes anyway there may be more Legoland and SeaWorld in my future anyway. I am very happy they announced this the way they did and I think that helped with the meltdowns. I suspect you're going to see slow and building meltdowns as the show comes to an end, and reality sinks in.