Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After

Loved the house over all! Got to do the Unmasking tour and it was just as beautiful as you'd imagine!

Sadly it seems, either the A/B casts don't care/know or they've been told not to buuuuuuut:
Mr. Bear is as dance-free as the town from Footloose. Tried it the first three run-throughs, and zilch. Just gave up and reminisced on the old times
I had a clown dance around with me in CG during the first scene, so you could say the tradition lives on in a different form...

giphy.gif

This is my first horror nights event so what’s the significance of that spoiler tag?
In this case it's because of placement in the house. I guess here it's not too necessary, because people know about it, but elaborating further on specifics could reveal placement, which some people (understandably) don't want

In this case it's because of placement in the house. I guess here it's not too necessary, because people know about it, but elaborating further on specifics could reveal placement, which some people (understandably) don't want
I meant
[whats the deal with dancing and the bear/SPOILER]

Likely because it's a different performer. And likely because their stage manager told them their job is to scare.

Which is something everyone should have expected.

(Similar issue popped up in Catacombs. The No Fun police came in and put a kibosh on the Cats and Combs game.)

I don't get it when this character was clearly placed purely as fan service.

I meant
[whats the deal with dancing and the bear/SPOILER]

Spoiler tagging even though people probably know full well what we're talking about, haha

I speak for no one in particular, this is just as I recall it. Back in 25, the anniversary house had a section based off of ST, and it featured the bears as well. The Papa Bear character was (admittedly) a bit silly looking in the way he lumbered around, but also scared the bejeebers out of people. Eventually he became sort of a defacto icon for the scene, and people would look forward to him specifically when going through the house, and eventually led to people starting to chant for him (Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear!). The actors naturally took note, and would give a little dance when they heard the superfans chanting. It became a little call and response which connected people with the house that much more; made it personal for people to have a little 'wink' back at them from the actors. A spoof twitter account spawned, there was a quasi reference in Bill and Ted the next year, all sorts of stuff

Spoiler tagging even though people probably know full well what we're talking about, haha

I speak for no one in particular, this is just as I recall it. Back in 25, the anniversary house had a section based off of ST, and it featured the bears as well. The Papa Bear character was (admittedly) a bit silly looking in the way he lumbered around, but also scared the bejeebers out of people. Eventually he became sort of a defacto icon for the scene, and people would look forward to him specifically when going through the house, and eventually led to people starting to chant for him (Bear! Bear! Bear! Bear!). The actors naturally took note, and would give a little dance when they heard the superfans chanting. It became a little call and response which connected people with the house that much more; made it personal for people to have a little 'wink' back at them from the actors. A spoof twitter account spawned, there was a quasi reference in Bill and Ted the next year, all sorts of stuff
Nice! Thanks for the HHN history lesson. I’m a newb to horror nights so the callbacks and stuff go right over my head. I really enjoyed this event though so I think I’ll be a little more in the loop in the coming years :grin:

Being a fan of twisted fairy tales, this house worked really well for me. The façade is downright gorgeous, the smells were great and this house had some of my favorite costumes, especially...

The Lionfish "Little Mermaids". In my first runthrough I had not idea what the hell they were, but then I saw them later uncovered in a cast change and it all clicked for me.

When it comes to scares, there was one particular group who got me the best...

I gotta' hand it to the Three Not So Little Pigs, they got me good in both run-throughs. Including the first time where one really made use of the various doorways/boo holes to get my group three times and not all in the same room as I recall we were in Rapunzel's scene for the third scare from him.

I'd say the only downside for me was the house felt a little short compared to the others (No doubt due to the façade and big sets.), but that's more of a nitpick then anything else. None the less this house delivered what I wanted.

The Lionfish "Little Mermaids". In my first runthrough I had not idea what the hell they were, but then I saw them later uncovered in a cast change and it all clicked for me.

I definitely agree that the make-up for those characters were beautiful, but I feel like there was just so much more that could have been done with the scene. It never really fed back into the story other than ... Look, a fish.

Last edited:
Fantasy writing -

I would have loved them mimicking the Little Mermaid poster, where instead of sitting on top of a rock, a distraught and frenzied Ariel was sitting atop a mound of bodies with their feet cut off - all the while trying to attach/sew human feet onto her fins so that she could "be where the people are"

Note: Sorry about the double post. I had asked about this once before, but is there a "Delete" feature on these forums in case you want to completely wipe a post off?

Fantasy writing -

I would have loved them mimicking the Little Mermaid poster, where instead of sitting on top of a rock, a distraught and frenzied Ariel was sitting atop a mound of bodies with their feet cut off - all the while trying to attach/sew human feet onto her fins so that she could "be where the people are"

Note: Sorry about the double post. I had asked about this once before, but is there a "Delete" feature on these forums in case you want to completely wipe a post off?
1. That is such a great scene idea.
2. You can just write your second post, ctrl+a, ctrl+c, and edit it in to your previous post.

Fantasy writing -

That idea is so specific, makes me wonder if that's how the poster spends his Friday nights at home.....

Creepy!

I don't get it when this character was clearly placed purely as fan service.

Or, it was placed there because they had the costume and the scare fit the setting.

Like how we have so many scarecrows in the streets.

After speaking with Braillard today, it was brought back as fan service. They love Bear.

I definitely agree that the make-up for those characters were beautiful, but I feel like there was just so much more that could have been done with the scene. It never really fed back into the story other than ... Look, a fish.
Were they supposed to be fish I managed to walk through that room and all I saw was a hand come out at me.

I wish they designed the facade area so you can zig zag a bit so that you have a bit more time looking at it because operations just pushes you through it. One of the ops was literally in the middle of the scene just waving their hands to make you move.

I always view that as a risk, because the performer is who makes stuff like that work. If it's not the same performer, you end up with a superficial throw-back.

well you get to see the bear fora couple of seconds. just as long as he dances :lol:

I thought the bear at the end was technically the third bear from the Goldilocks scene. I only saw two bears in that room: the one on the table, and the one that pops out from the left. I assumed the third bear had wandered off and ended up as the house’s encore.