HHN 30: Employee Preview Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Employee Preview Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Event looks awesome from what I’ve seen. Only have heard good things from my friends about the house lineup. No one has mentioned any house being particularly “weak”

the Terra Queen looks a bit off compared to how she looked prior. But the rest of her zone looks insane.

I've been getting a lot of feedback and I'll take some of the similar thoughts and post them here.

1. Wicked Growth is the house to beat this year. I can't count how many times I heard "it's the embodiment of Halloween."

2. Icons is about what you'd expect, which was fantastic. A surprise shout out to Slaughter Sinema and surprise amount of Bloody Mary.

3. Have low expectations for TCM. Very low.

4. LT is story HEAVY and very noir. Setup like Slaughter Sinema, but it's a repeat house to catch everything. Didn't know Boris was a novelist, so that's interesting...

5. Scarey apparently felt much bigger than the space allowed for.

6. Puppet Theater is fun, but they pretty much give everything away in the promo.

7. Seek and Destroy is apparently lower than people's already low expectations. They were looking for scareactor victims but none to be found.

8. Eddie is fun with nods everywhere

9. Terra was too crowded

10. People were bewildered by Crypt TV, although the consensus is that they nailed the looks of all of the creatures

11. 30 Years had icon references and voices but no icons themselves....

12. Apparently there were multiple standing ovations throughout the night for Nightmare Fuel. Everyone I talked to saw a different show and all loved it. "High energy," "Most fire I've ever seen," and "unique" were the commonly said phrases.

Major complaints:

"Universal needs to be better and require masks from guests in the houses, especially since there is screaming."

"Masks should be required at Nightmare Fuel" because they packed us in like sardines."

....oooof...yikes..

Very excited to see the full face masks working out this year at least from the pictures I’ve seen. Theyve been doing it at Hollywood for a few years now and I think for the most part it works and is a smart way to have face characters without slapping a surgical mask on them.

I've been getting a lot of feedback and I'll take some of the similar thoughts and post them here.

1. Wicked Growth is the house to beat this year. I can't count how many times I heard "it's the embodiment of Halloween."

2. Icons is about what you'd expect, which was fantastic. A surprise shout out to Slaughter Sinema and surprise amount of Bloody Mary.

4. LT is story HEAVY and very noir. Setup like Slaughter Sinema, but it's a repeat house to catch everything. Didn't know Boris was a novelist, so that's interesting...

6. Puppet Theater is fun, but they pretty much give everything away in the promo.

7. Seek and Destroy is apparently lower than people's already low expectations. They were looking for scareactor victims but none to be found.

9. Terra was too crowded

10. People were bewildered by Crypt TV, although the consensus is that they nailed the looks of all of the creatures

12. Apparently there were multiple standing ovations throughout the night for Nightmare Fuel. Everyone I talked to saw a different show and all loved it. "High energy," "Most fire I've ever seen," and "unique" were the commonly said phrases.

Major complaints:

"Universal needs to be better and require masks from guests in the houses, especially since there is screaming."

"Masks should be required at Nightmare Fuel" because they packed us in like sardines."

....oooof...yikes..
I also heard a few times that some effects in Hill House weren’t working so well

Reactions: Clive
Please don’t do this to me, I’ll faint.
They did have two years sooo...I think it's at least one of the best events at HHN.

9. Terra was too crowded

Major complaints:

....oooof...yikes..
They did not The Birch mask good. It's way too big and looks like it's falling off her face. Also don't like the costume, looks like a fur dress which does not fit her character.

What makes you say that?
Also, agree on the mask thing.

Several people that are fans of the films, told me it was like walking through a Hollywood house, visually and that the scares were not scary. Basically props are just thrown together.

I'll be honest, the event seems like a superspreader in the making. It's really really nice to be back, but I just wonder how it's going to turn out.
I know we're not supposed to go off course here, but this is the TM preview thread and this all occurred there, but every single person I've talked to is concerned about the GP and Team Members health for this thing. Some of these team members had zero worries before and thought it would be fine. Apparently Universal is "SeaWorld-ing" it with the Guests and Covid and maybe a more Disney approach, with masks required indoors, would help their cause.

So Nightmare Fuel is probably one of best shows ever...that's not a Bill and Ted show, that needs to be added to everyone saying that lol #wyldstallionsrule

But it does worry me that they were absolutely packing them in like sardines and not requiring masks at the show. I really want to see the show but I really don't want to be stuck around a bunch of un-masked people too, so it's a catch 22 and a 50/50 chance I'll be in close proximity to someone unmasked.

Same goes for the conga lines through the houses. Simple fix is just requiring masks in all indoor spaces and while seated at the show. I think it'll make many more people much more comfortable in the long run.

Blinky cup acquired.

20210831-233347.jpg

I'll share some thoughts later.

So does anyone want to spoil the (not) Bloody Mary cameo? Or point me to the tweets that discuss/hint at it?

So does anyone want to spoil the (not) Bloody Mary cameo? Or point me to the tweets that discuss/hint at it?
From the 2 times I went I never saw Dr. Agana however there is a room with a mirror that shatters and a lot of those loud falling windows that reveal heads with glass shards in them

Reactions: londonwerecat
My overall thoughts were that Icons and Wicked Growth were by far the best houses of the night. WG was gorgeous, scary, and smelled incredible. And the way they used the space made it feel more like a soundstage than a tent. It was so good that when I got out, I immediately got back in line to do it again.