HHN 30: Food & Drink | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Food & Drink

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bar menus have started going up. Quick question as this is gonna be my first HHN where I can really drink, I assume it's a better deal to get a souvenir cup and get refills v.s. buying individual drinks/beers right?

Reactions: HHNObsession

Bar menus have started going up. Quick question as this is gonna be my first HHN where I can really drink, I assume it's a better deal to get a souvenir cup and get refills v.s. buying individual drinks/beers right?

Absolutely. The ~$3 or $4 dollar difference will add up over time. Also you can bring a blinky cup back over subsequent nights, adding to the savings.

Reactions: HHNObsession
Having said that, I am honestly forgetting how they've handled drinks and pricing in the past - is your only choice to buy a blinky cup or a refill of the same? Could you buy a paper/solo cup of the drinks? We've always just purchased and reused the cup.

Having said that, I am honestly forgetting how they've handled drinks and pricing in the past - is your only choice to buy a blinky cup or a refill of the same? Could you buy a paper/solo cup of the drinks? We've always just purchased and reused the cup.

Not sure, but I'd assume the souvenir cup is a way to distinguish an alcoholic beverage for security/police? Universal is very strict about that stuff.

You can absolutely get beer in a plastic cup if you don't want the souvenir - I don't think you can with the cocktails, but I've never tried because I always must have a blinky. :)

Not to stir the pot with the plexiglass thing, but the fact that they are re-filling cups really adds to the hypocrisy, don’t you think? Seems that aerosol droplets spraying from screaming guests are more of a concern than backwash spraying onto F&B team members…? Weird that they’re doing this.

Reactions: n i c k
Not to stir the pot with the plexiglass thing, but the fact that they are re-filling cups really adds to the hypocrisy, don’t you think? Seems that aerosol droplets spraying from screaming guests are more of a concern than backwash spraying onto F&B team members…? Weird that they’re doing this.
They won't refill any cups for daytime guests (at least not in June when I was there) - they charge you applicable refill price, then hand you a paper or plastic cup with your refill in it. Assume that will carry over to HHN.

Reactions: Disneyson1
Also, with different "signature" drinks in each booth instead of two drinks available parkwide at each food tent, do we think that they will get back to the single chamber blinky cups instead of those stupid square ones with the divider in the middle?

Not sure where to put this, but I just spoke with a TM and the three featured drinks in the Icon Bar will be The Chance (Bacardi Superior rum, Aperol, Sour, lemon, simple syrup, orange bitters, soda) and The Director (Ketel One vodka, Kahlua, Amaretto, heavy cream ) as well as Jack'd Up, which is just a Jack & coke - the first two were available at the onsite hotels last year. She said all the hotels will have the HHN themed cocktails, although she wasn't quite clear if that included what we'll see in the park or just these I've listed. Cheers!

Tried two HHN food items last night. Had the Banh MI chicken tender sandwich. First off, the idea of a Banh Mi with chicken tenders is hilarious. They put WAAAAAAAAY too much sweet chili sauce on my sandwich. There were literal puddles on the bread. So I just ate the chicken tenders and vegetables. They were quite good, very sweet and spicy. I'd get it again, but I would ask for just a drizzle of the sauce. My wife noticed that nobody around us was eating the bun either.

I also tried the candied bourbon bacon. This tasted really good (and insanely sweet), but mine had the texture of jersey.

I never saw the booth with the fried oreos and twinkies, nor the one with the donut burger. Does anybody know where those are?

Tried two HHN food items last night. Had the Banh MI chicken tender sandwich. First off, the idea of a Banh Mi with chicken tenders is hilarious. They put WAAAAAAAAY too much sweet chili sauce on my sandwich. There were literal puddles on the bread. So I just ate the chicken tenders and vegetables. They were quite good, very sweet and spicy. I'd get it again, but I would ask for just a drizzle of the sauce. My wife noticed that nobody around us was eating the bun either.

I also tried the candied bourbon bacon. This tasted really good (and insanely sweet), but mine had the texture of jersey.

I never saw the booth with the fried oreos and twinkies, nor the one with the donut burger. Does anybody know where those are?
The Donut Burger booth is the little street to the right of the NYC Park if your looking at a map

The line was shortest, so I the brisket sandwich at the hill house tent last night. Man did that thing come out fresh as can be. I picked it up almost burnt myself. Really good stuff and I’m honestly craving it again. Hoping the food lines aren’t as bad tonight, but who am I kidding.

Is Chez Alcatraz open during the event? That is usually my go-to spot for drinks since it's never really busy. Also, what is set up on the dock area near Lombard's? Saw on the map it's marked as a specialty food location but it doesn't show any detail. I don't recall that area ever being used before.

From what I recall they try to always give you the souvenir cup by default but you can ask for a regular one. I do believe the cups are the same size as well. Can anyone confirm that is still the case this year? I usually don't like to carry the souvenir cup around all night. What was the standard measured amount of liquor in the mixed drinks? I usually get beer.