HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Totally forgot about them. Wish I would have remembered and got one
I called yesterday about upgrading my regular express to unlimited express for Saturday and the person on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. So it might be something that just available day of at the park.

What are the departure times for the 6 house tours? I currently have a 3 house tour starting at 12 in the afternoon, but would really love to try and get on the 6
I got one for 8:30am. We as told it’s HHN ICONS captured, TCM, Puppet Theater, Wicked Growth, SCarey, and HoHH. Subject to change.

Reactions: Vyrus
So I am going this friday and saturday. No express or stay in scream. In the past I have headed straight to the back of the park and it has worked out well. How is the traffic flow this year and do you think the same plan of attack will work?

So I am going this friday and saturday. No express or stay in scream. In the past I have headed straight to the back of the park and it has worked out well. How is the traffic flow this year and do you think the same plan of attack will work?

I'm also going this Friday and Saturday. Not sure how weekend crowds were last week. When I went two weeks ago, team members weren't blocked out but the wait times weren't horrible. Beetlejuice and Hill House will tend to be the busiest area though.

stuff was like 60 minutes the most
legendary truth and tooth fairy were low.
bride if Frankenstein was pretty good, low.

icons, hill house and beetlejuice were high.

I just got back from a 6 day trip to UOR. I attended every night of HHN Wednesday-Sunday and here's the strategy I used to maximize the amount of time I had. Stay & Scream obviously is the best way to go on any given night. Between Bride, Texas Chainsaw, Beetlejuice, Hill House, or Scarey, I say Scarey is the best option. It rarely had more than like 200 people waiting in the S&S and opened the earliest of any of the S&S houses. After, it's a quick walk to Wicked Growth and Puppet Theater. Wicked Growth is better to go to next because it doesn't open until 6 and is pretty popular. Puppet Theater never has a line so go ahead and hit up that next since it's right next door. After you've hit up the three tent houses, it's close to 6:30 so all the other houses should be open at that point.

This is a good time to eat and get snacks, because people are barely coming in and those food lines can get pretty ridiculous. After, it's all about seeing where the crowds go and deciding whether you want to do Hill House and Beetlejuice or the soundstages. Case Files generally never has a line longer than 45 minutes and is a good point between the warehouses and the soundstages. Hill House and Beetlejuice seem to average the longest wait times, so the middle of the night is a good time to hit up Bride of Frankenstein, Tooth Fairy and the two shows. Without Express, it's all about checking wait times to see when to go to Texas, ICONS, Beetlejuice, or Hill House. The only house that had consistently long lines throughout the night was Beetlejuice; even at close there was still a lengthy wait to get in. Conversely, the lines for Hill House seem to dissipate in the last hour, same as ICONS and Texas so save those for last and prioritize if it's a busy night.

Last edited:
I have a question for my first day of the event which will be tomorrow. I have not been present in the last weeks to avoid spoilers, sorry. What lineup do you recommend? I don't do stay and scream and I don't have express, where do I start?

I have a question for my first day of the event which will be tomorrow. I have not been present in the last weeks to avoid spoilers, sorry. What lineup do you recommend? I don't do stay and scream and I don't have express, where do I start?
I haven’t been this year but by what I’m hearing start with Scarey, then two tent houses. Then go by wait times.

Don't know if this is a dumb question or not but I noticed that there's 2 different souvenir cup prices based on if you get a beer or a specialty drink; if you buy one of the souvenir cups can you use it for both beer and specialty drink refills?

Don't know if this is a dumb question or not but I noticed that there's 2 different souvenir cup prices based on if you get a beer or a specialty drink; if you buy one of the souvenir cups can you use it for both beer and specialty drink refills?

I think they’re the same just the mummy is old stock they’re trying to sell out.

Reactions: Guygas
Does anyone have a good photo of the new cup (and if there's going to be even more like at 29)?

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your tips and tricks as well as your feedback on the event. Flying out a week from today and am beyond excited to hit up UOR after a few years away and attend HHN next Saturday. My hype level is high and it's because of everyone here!

Guys I am currently here at the park and they do have the unlimited express available for horror nights. It only opens day off and only in park or at the booths. Today the cost is 159, only 30 bucks more than regular and unlimited. Typically that's the cost each day compared to regular.