Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

I just got around to watching the video. It's the bride AND vampires???

Yup, the Bride of Frankenstein needs the blood from the Brides of Dracula for their regenerative properties. Not surprisingly the Brides of Dracula arn't too fond of that, so it get's a tad crazy.

Yup so the Brides of Dracula are attacking. It's an intense and amazing house. One of my favorite facades too.

While I personally give the edge to Revenge of the Tooth Fairy, I can back up that BoFL is a incredibly solid house. It definitely faired better out of the two under last year's restrictions, and there's some really good scares in this one. If the plexiglass is removed, there's gonna' be several scares and one particular hall which'll have a high chance of wrecking people. (Ironically, there was one scare which was actually *enhanced* due to the plexiglass.)

Also, the soundtrack is pretty awesome in this house, too. When it hits, you're hyped through the whole house.

Finally, totally agree on the video being one of the better one's they've made. I love the Sam Rami-esque insanity to it!

tenor.gif

For those that have seen it, what movies/tv shows would you recommend viewing before going through this house?

I expect Frankenstein, Dracula & Bride of Frankenstein but does it pull from any of their sequels as well?

Ya know, that is definitely my intention. Just finished the entirety of the TCM franchise.
None of these UM movies can be as bad as half of those ... right?!

Most of the Monsters sequels are not good. Bride of Frankenstein is the real exception, though (in my opinion) the Creature from the Black Lagoon sequels are solid, Dracula's Daughter is mesmerizing, and Invisible Agent is an engaging spin-off (albeit with some unfortunate yellowface). Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein is entertaining and notable because it features the only other major appearance of Lugosi's Dracula, plus it's a mash-up of three of the biggest monsters.

If you want a great Classic Monsters education, I would recommend sticking with the initial entries plus Bride and Abbott & the Costello Meet Frankenstein. You can skip the Claude Rains Phantom, too, unless you're a completist.

Getting to check out the house last year made it one of my favorites. I immediately had to buy the shirt since the merch for it last year was nil. Even if it's not plussed up, if they have extra scareactors in ones spots where they felt needed, this is gonna be a great time.

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein is an all time favorite of mine. You can't go wrong watching that. It's silly but in my mind, it's perfect for what they were trying to do.

Most of the Monsters sequels are not good. Bride of Frankenstein is the real exception, though (in my opinion) the Creature from the Black Lagoon sequels are solid, Dracula's Daughter is mesmerizing, and Invisible Agent is an engaging spin-off (albeit with some unfortunate yellowface). Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein is entertaining and notable because it features the only other major appearance of Lugosi's Dracula, plus it's a mash-up of three of the biggest monsters.

If you want a great Classic Monsters education, I would recommend sticking with the initial entries plus Bride and Abbott & the Costello Meet Frankenstein. You can skip the Claude Rains Phantom, too, unless you're a completist.

Mostly agree, but I would add that Son of Frankenstein is also worth watching as a follow up to Bride and Invisible Man Returns is a decent enough watch for Vincent Price alone.

Never commented on this but: Man am I excited to go through this house properly. Even with the plexiglass limitations, this was such a great house. It was a very pleasant surprise considering this was looking to be my least-anticipated.

I'm also very interested to see where the Monsters story goes from here.
Since the house ends with Frankenstein's Monster being successfully resurrected, it'll continue with the Bride of Dracula bringing Dracula back for some revenge?

Never commented on this but: Man am I excited to go through this house properly. Even with the plexiglass limitations, this was such a great house. It was a very pleasant surprise considering this was looking to be my least-anticipated.

I'm also very interested to see where the Monsters story goes from here.
Since the house ends with Frankenstein's Monster being successfully resurrected, it'll continue with the Bride of Dracula bringing Dracula back for some revenge?
Speaking of, do you guys think we start to expect a monsters house every year?

Speaking of, do you guys think we start to expect a monsters house every year?

Presuming they're sticking in this "AU" of sorts, then I think there's definitely room (maybe not EVERY YEAR, but at least for a sequel). The house (unless there's going to be a major story-changing revamp, but I don't think so) didn't really close any curtains. Dracula's fate is unknown (and Bride's events and the ending would give him a reason to appear in another sequel maze), as is the Wolfman's, etc, really all the Monsters, if they're sticking with this "story" are unaccounted for barring The Bride, Frankenstein, and I guess the Creature From The Black Lagoon.

If this has to be removed that's fine, but a little prediction on where the story will go from here:

So near the end of the house, we see that all the monsters are being kept preserved in tubes, and of course at the very end, Frankenstein is successfully resurrected. I wonder if in an act of revenge, after not being able to kill them herself, the Bride of Dracula releases the Wolfman from his tube which leads to a Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman house next year?

UCM (2019) and The Bride Lives are connected right?

Is it implied that at the end of UCM that Frank destroys the castle which picks up at the beginning of this house right? The pieces are there I can feel it, but I am failing to put them together correctly. Do all of the monsters die from the blast except the Bride? I only thought one of the monsters that were not a part of the key cast of the house was referenced?

Someone help my head here.

UCM (2019) and The Bride Lives are connected right?

Is it implied that at the end of UCM that Frank destroys the castle which picks up at the beginning of this house right? The pieces are there I can feel it, but I am failing to put them together correctly. Do all of the monsters die from the blast except the Bride? I only thought one of the monsters that were not a part of the key cast of the house was referenced?

Someone help my head here.
Correct. All the monsters but the two Brides perish in the collapse.
And near the end of the house, you go through a hallway where all the other monsters' bodies are being kept preserved in tubes.