HHN 32 Construction Thread | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Forgive my lacking memory, but are we going to get some more generic beer bars that have some options on draft? It feels like all of these have the same canned options.

Forgive my lacking memory, but are we going to get some more generic beer bars that have some options on draft? It feels like all of these have the same canned options.
Here’s the full lineup. Universal Orlando

The draft list for the event looks like this:
Draft Beers

Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest

Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale

Nightmare Nectar Blonde Ale

20oz. Souvenir Cup 15.00 | Refill 12.00 | 12oz. Single Serve 12.00

Crooked Can Bloody Murder IPA

20oz. Souvenir Cup 16.00 | Refill 13.00 | 12oz. Single Serve 13.00

(Considering I'll be going to real Oktoberfest the week after I'm there, I'll probably get some practice in with the Hacker-Pschorr)

Here’s the full lineup. Universal Orlando

The draft list for the event looks like this:
Draft Beers

Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest

Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale

Nightmare Nectar Blonde Ale

20oz. Souvenir Cup 15.00 | Refill 12.00 | 12oz. Single Serve 12.00

Crooked Can Bloody Murder IPA

20oz. Souvenir Cup 16.00 | Refill 13.00 | 12oz. Single Serve 13.00

(Considering I'll be going to real Oktoberfest the week after I'm there, I'll probably get some practice in with the Hacker-Pschorr)

Okay thank god, I can work with this.

Why did they remove all the tables by Animal Actors? That used to be our go to rest spot every night.
Yup. I hate it. Seems they’ll be gone during the day as well, which really destroys a nice spot. And with the Peacock Bar being pushed heavily and HP a semi-scarezone, they really don’t seem to want any relaxing corners. I’m not sure that will add to guest satisfaction.

Just my personal tastes, but am Underwhelmed by most of the food choices. Know I can work with the Hacker-Pschorr since it is a very good Fest beer but the weird mixed drinks not so much. Usually during Mardi Gras I want to try everything-don"t feel the same with this
line-up. I"ll know soon enough:kissing:

Yup. I hate it. Seems they’ll be gone during the day as well, which really destroys a nice spot. And with the Peacock Bar being pushed heavily and HP a semi-scarezone, they really don’t seem to want any relaxing corners. I’m not sure that will add to guest satisfaction.
I'd wager they're (rightfully) more worried about trying to spread crowds out rather than trying to worry about ruining a few spots that a few dozen people ever really utilized.

I'd wager they're (rightfully) more worried about trying to spread crowds out rather than trying to worry about ruining a few spots that a few dozen people ever really utilized.

Yeah. I'd also point out that with no lagoon show, that whole stretch parallel to Central Park will be much more consistently chill and relaxing than it has been in the past.

Yeah. I'd also point out that with no lagoon show, that whole stretch parallel to Central Park will be much more consistently chill and relaxing than it has been in the past.
The tables by the water and Duff Gardens are also usually pretty sparsely used.

I'll also beat the drum of if you need a real break during the night, hit tha bricks and relax in CityWalk for a bit.

Removing the Animal Actors seating isn’t an “increase capacity” move, it’s a “monetize every square foot” move.

HHN is down a significant amount of capacity this year, for reasons both entirely legitimate ( DW construction, hurricane damage) and mostly legitimate (Mel’s delays). There hasn’t been a particularly notable effort to make up for that capacity - HP is great, but it’s mostly trading one Scarezone for another. I don’t think any of this is a particularly big deal - anyone who’s been attending for a while knows that changes in the park can affect HHN. But trying to push people into Peacock and the AA bar isn’t primarily a capacity move.

Removing the Animal Actors seating isn’t an “increase capacity” move, it’s a “monetize every square foot” move.

HHN is down a significant amount of capacity this year, for reasons both entirely legitimate ( DW construction, hurricane damage) and mostly legitimate (Mel’s delays). There hasn’t been a particularly notable effort to make up for that capacity - HP is great, but it’s mostly trading one Scarezone for another. I don’t think any of this is a particularly big deal - anyone who’s been attending for a while knows that changes in the park can affect HHN. But trying to push people into Peacock and the AA bar isn’t primarily a capacity move.

Is it actually, though? The only real capacity loss appears to be the lagoon show. Mel's closure is offset by Minion Cafe being open. (It would also appear that Louie's will now be open to all throughout the night since Scareactor Dining isn't returning.) The bars in the Animal Actors replace the bars that would ordinarily be at the entrance funnel to KidZone, so another lateral move. We still have five named and defined scare zones, so no change from the last few years.

Death Eaters and Peacock Halloween Bar both seem designed to direct guests toward areas with underutilized capacities.

Is it actually, though? The only real capacity loss appears to be the lagoon show. Mel's closure is offset by Minion Cafe being open. (It would also appear that Louie's will now be open to all throughout the night since Scareactor Dining isn't returning.) The bars in the Animal Actors replace the bars that would ordinarily be at the entrance funnel to KidZone, so another lateral move. We still have five named and defined scare zones, so no change from the last few years.

Death Eaters and Peacock Halloween Bar both seem designed to direct guests toward areas with underutilized capacities.
Both Mel’s and Minions (Monsters) have historically been open during HHN. Simply as a matter of space, the walls in DW eliminate a significant amount of room. We’ll have to see what the entrance scarezone is actually like, but my impression is that beyond Oddfellows cart, which is great, it’s going to be even more perfunctory then usual.

It’s nice that Louie’s will be open, but I’ve always considered Scareactors dining part of the events capacity.

Both Mel’s and Minions (Monsters) have historically been open during HHN. Simply as a matter of space, the walls in DW eliminate a significant amount of room. We’ll have to see what the entrance scarezone is actually like, but my impression is that beyond Oddfellows cart, which is great, it’s going to be even more perfunctory then usual.

It’s nice that Louie’s will be open, but I’ve always considered Scareactors dining part of the events capacity.

Okay, so under your definitions, we're down one counter service restaurant and a plaza in front of the E.T. entrance. If Oddfellow's entrance zone has at least five scare actors at any given time, it's more or less consistent with how the front-of-park zones have been staffed over the past two years (for better or worse). The scope of that zone does not really impact capacity, however, as it's never historically been a draw outside a photo op with the year's icon - which we're still getting this year.

BREAKING: Business trying to make more money.

More at 11.
Sure, we know why they do it. That doesn’t mean that, as consumers, we have to like it. I’m sure that, as theme park fans and frequent guests, we can all think of times we’ve felt exploited, when a company’s attention to the bottom line diminished our experience. Uni has been very good at NOT giving guests this feeling, a key reason it’s been thriving.

Eh, bottom line, personally and subjectively, I like benches more then booze.

Sure, we know why they do it. That doesn’t mean that, as consumers, we have to like it. I’m sure that, as theme park fans and frequent guests, we can all think of times we’ve felt exploited, when a company’s attention to the bottom line diminished our experience. Uni has been very good at NOT giving guests this feeling, a key reason it’s been thriving.

Eh, bottom line, personally and subjectively, I like benches more then booze.

Okay, but... there is now a huge stretch of unused quiet areas where you can relax by the lagoon! All of these are lateral moves! I just can't accept that moving the food booths 20 feet when active construction is going on constitutes some sort of unreasonable capitalistic exploitation, especially in a year where they are basically adding a scare zone and fleshing out other venues (i.e. adding photo ops and characters to the largely ignored Halloween Bar area).

Casper, it was a secluded seating spot that most people didn't know existed. Where was this talking point during Mardi Gras when they used the exact same area for Colombia?

We can't in one breath complain they need to do something about spreading crowds out but complain when Universal starts eating into the quiet spots.

They put one of the most popular snacks in an area less frequented while KidZone construction takes up a bulk of real estate this season. You want a quiet spot? Go to the Central Park lagoon area as Clive mentioned (you also ignored his post).

Casper, it was a secluded seating spot that most people didn't know existed. Where was this talking point during Mardi Gras when they used the exact same area for Colombia?

We can't in one breath complain they need to do something about spreading crowds out but complain when Universal starts eating into the quiet spots.

They put one of the most popular snacks in an area less frequented while KidZone construction takes up a bulk of real estate this season. You want a quiet spot? Go to the Central Park lagoon area as Clive mentioned (you also ignored his post).
The benches were there during Mardi Gras - I sat there many times, it was very nice. My impression is that a bar with ample seating eats some capacity, a bar with no seating moves folks through and sells more drinks.

As for the lagoon, I don’t remember there being that many benches in the area since the goal was to maximize viewing room, but I freely admit I’m not that familiar with its current layout.

Look, I’ll happily admit that this is a me problem, as I did above. I liked the area, just as I liked a quiet HP.