HHN 32 Construction Thread | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting (but not really surprising) that the local creative team has once again split with marketing by referring to the event explicitly as "HHN 32" in-park, while most of the merchandising/advertisements refer to "HHN 2023." I can't remember, did last year have HHN31 signage/callouts?
Pretty sure it did, but I don't remember 100%. I know the whole meta behind the classic Halloween theme was the 31st event.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Interesting (but not really surprising) that the local creative team has once again split with marketing by referring to the event explicitly as "HHN 32" in-park, while most of the merchandising/advertisements refer to "HHN 2023." I can't remember, did last year have HHN31 signage/callouts?

This has been the case for a while. Anything that can refer to both Hollywood and Orlando uses the year as this is not the 32nd annual event in Hollywood (let alone Singapore or Japan). Otherwise, they'd have to produce different shirts, posters, etc for each coast. IE the Chucky shirt, would have a different logo on the sleeves. That adds complexity and means that if Chucky was super popular in Hollywood, and the merch wasn't moving in Orlando, the shirts couldn't be re-routed to Hollywood or the online orders fulfilled by Orlando stock.

Granted, house shirts are always different, but it just makes sense for the merch to all have the year so that some items don't say 32 while others say 2023 as that makes them look like they're referring to different events.

In the parks, you clearly know where you are and everything is clearly aligned to that geographic location, so can do whatever they want.

EDIT: Of course, this kills my explanation above and makes no sense from the Orlando Informer tweet above :(
1692798218220.jpeg

This has been the case for a while. Anything that can refer to both Hollywood and Orlando uses the year as this is not the 32nd annual event in Hollywood (let alone Singapore or Japan). Otherwise, they'd have to produce different shirts, posters, etc for each coast. IE the Chucky shirt, would have a different logo on the sleeves. That adds complexity and means that if Chucky was super popular in Hollywood, and the merch wasn't moving in Orlando, the shirts couldn't be re-routed to Hollywood or the online orders fulfilled by Orlando stock.

Granted, house shirts are always different, but it just makes sense for the merch to all have the year so that some items don't say 32 while others say 2023 as that makes them look like they're referring to different events.

In the parks, you clearly know where you are and everything is clearly aligned to that geographic location, so can do whatever they want.

EDIT: Of course, this kills my explanation above and makes no sense from the Orlando Informer tweet above :(
View attachment 19554
1692799251051.pngThey just took the HHN 2013 logo and put 'Never Go Alone' under it. Wut.

Well today was a speak of the devil kind of moment with both the house portals popping up and the medallion spotted!

Digging the medallion as well, while I did love last year's Blood Moon (or "Harvest Moon" which fit perfectly for the Halloween theme), a summoning circle with zodiac signs works perfectly for Oddfellow who's all about that!