HHN 32: Most Anticipated Scarezone? | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32: Most Anticipated Scarezone?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated Scarezone?

• Dark Zodiac

• Dr. Oddfellow’s Collection of Horror

• Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror

• Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood

• Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged

Results are only viewable after voting.
HYPE LIST

1. Dark Zodiac- Hollywood has been my favorite zone two years running. Lots of characters and great set dressing. I also like that it's wide enough to serve as a gauntlet funneling us from one end to the other. Gonna have a lot of well designed characters representing the signs of the zodiac, gonna have a lot of fun with the memes here.

2. Shipyard 32'- Might be a chokehold, but containers full of new and old HHN characters should be lots of fun for the long time fans of the event. Let's get some Body Collectors and Treaks and Foons and I'm happy. It'll also probably be one of those zones with alternating characters between casts.

3. Vamp '69: Summer of Blood- Great subtitle I just don't care for vampires. Should be a lot of fun though.

4. Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror- Terrible subtitle. Central Park zones always feel so cramped and underpopulated. I hope the characters are camouflaged so it's more unexpected.

5. Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror- The book report zone. Hopefully some good set pieces and theming will make up for the usual stinker zone.

Instead of doing a full-blown anticipation ranking like I've done in the past, my most anticipated scare zone is Dark Zodiac. I think that's a really unique theme for a zone, and as Universal Studio's Singapore showed last year, you can do some pretty sweet designs for all the signs. It's also located in Hollywood which is a great all-around spot for any zone.

I'll also add a couple "hopes". The first being for Vamp '69: Summer of Blood. With the stage in the zone, I have a feeling it'll be like Vamp '85: New Years Eve with a show element. I hope that whenever the show is playing, the rest of the zone doesn't come to a screeching halt like it did for New Year's Eve. Hopefully it's well staffed like it was for Sweet Revenge and there's plenty of havoc going on past the stage.

The other hope is quite simple, and it's for all the zones. Coming off a year where the scare zones had a serious improvement, I just hope they continue applying whatever they did that made them so good last year. If they can do that again, I'll be very content!

All the scare zones being tied in? We love to see it.

1) Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror - I'm so excited to hear Oddfellow's speeches, and I bet there's going to be a lot of interactivity with the actor ala Chance and Pumpkin Lord. Very, very excited.

2) Dark Zodiac - Such a cool concept that ties excellently into Oddfellow and Jack's story! Excited to see the creature designs in here.

3) Vamp '69: Summer of Blood - This is going to be one very groovy and just FUN zone. Hoping to see a Bill & Ted reference!

4) Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged - Sounding like this will essentially be Hellblock but as a scare zone. Hoping for a lot more creature variety, but very excited about the story connections!

5) Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror - They did it, they actually did it, they're bringing back Jungle of Doom! Only at the bottom because I'm excited for the other zones more, but this is still gonna be great.

1. Dark Zodiac - Just sounds like a bunch of fun.

2. Jungle - This was at the bottom of my list until the props started showing up. Love the look and Central Park always has a good Zone.

2a. Death Eaters - if we're going to call it a Zone. Never saw them at Islands so super excited to see what they bring to the event.

3. Shipyard 32 - I like the San Fran zones so hoping this one is fun.

4. Vamp '69 - I'm in the minority here for sure, but not a fan of the Vamp Zones. The stage gives me high hopes for the zone though.

4a. M3gan Horde - Think this will breathe new life into a stale roaming horde that doesn't change much year to year. Could be a blast if they camp it up.

5. Oddfellows - When this was rumored to be his ODDities collection, it was pretty high on my list, but now finding out it's really just a "table of contents" zone featuring characters from the other zones lowers my hype for it by a ton. Sure it will be selfie central.

1.) Vamp '69: Summer of Blood - I've never been to Vamp '55 or '85, so this'll be my first experience with the series, and it sounds fun! The music selection will probably be fun, potential for lots of unique character designs, and vampires, which are automatically super cool in my book. Will definitely be a fun zone to chill out in, especially during S&S.

2.) Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged - The way the podcast described this almost feels like an off-season anniversary zone? I'm really curious to see which old characters Dr. Oddfellow was keeping on (figurative) ice. I'm also glad this zone seems to be taking advantage of the San Francisco setting, and it feels like it'll be a cross between that and the old Fright Yard zone from 2004/HHN 14.

3.) Dark Zodiac - Really, really excited to see the zodiac monster designs they come up for this zone (if they don't just yoink the designs from the Singapore version of this zone). The mentions of tarot-related characters and imagery also sound very fun. I will absolutely be seeking out the Scorpio scareactor and taking a selfie with them in my Scorpio T-shirt. Otherwise, I hope the scenic for this zone works. I find a lot of the time, zones which are themed after an "evil dimension" and such just... kinda have weak scenic if it's not in Central Park. Perhaps a 7-style approach would work?

4.) Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror - Even if it's just a "table of contents" zone with actors taken from other zones, I'll still really love this if it has a circus vibe to it (especially in terms of music), has the big "HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS" marquee they've used for the last 2 years, and has Dr. Oddfellow as a sort of barker/standing character a-la Pumpkin Lord last year.

5.) Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror - Please don't be racist. Please don't be racist. Please, for the love of god, don't be racist. I've seen images/premise of the original Jungle of Doom from 2003, and they did not age well. I do not need a white guy in a headdress jumping out at me. If it's hopefully not that, this could be a pretty good zone! I'll have to wait and see, but the environment sounds very fun.

EXTRA - Death Eaters and M3gan Horde - Death Eaters in Diagon Alley feels like something that should have happened already, but I don't mind it taking this long. I really love the vibes of DA at night, so I think this'll only add to it, even if we lose it as quiet little corner of the park during HHN. As for the M3gan horde (is that even still coming?), it sounds fun. I'd prefer a new variant of the Chainsaw Drill Team, though.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
My rankings from least to most anticipated:

5) Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror
4) Vamp '69: Summer of Blood
3) Dark Zodiac
2) Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged
1) Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Zone Hype List:

1. Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror (Been wanting this to return in some form for a long time, so I'm super stoked!)
2. Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged
3. Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror
4. Dark Zodiac
5. Vamp '69: Summer of Blood

1. Dark Zodiac - Just sounds like a bunch of fun.

2. Jungle - This was at the bottom of my list until the props started showing up. Love the look and Central Park always has a good Zone.

2a. Death Eaters - if we're going to call it a Zone. Never saw them at Islands so super excited to see what they bring to the event.

3. Shipyard 32 - I like the San Fran zones so hoping this one is fun.

4. Vamp '69 - I'm in the minority here for sure, but not a fan of the Vamp Zones. The stage gives me high hopes for the zone though.

4a. M3gan Horde - Think this will breathe new life into a stale roaming horde that doesn't change much year to year. Could be a blast if they camp it up.

5. Oddfellows - When this was rumored to be his ODDities collection, it was pretty high on my list, but now finding out it's really just a "table of contents" zone featuring characters from the other zones lowers my hype for it by a ton. Sure it will be selfie central
1.) Vamp '69: Summer of Blood - I've never been to Vamp '55 or '85, so this'll be my first experience with the series, and it sounds fun! The music selection will probably be fun, potential for lots of unique character designs, and vampires, which are automatically super cool in my book. Will definitely be a fun zone to chill out in, especially during S&S.

2.) Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged - The way the podcast described this almost feels like an off-season anniversary zone? I'm really curious to see which old characters Dr. Oddfellow was keeping on (figurative) ice. I'm also glad this zone seems to be taking advantage of the San Francisco setting, and it feels like it'll be a cross between that and the old Fright Yard zone from 2004/HHN 14.

3.) Dark Zodiac - Really, really excited to see the zodiac monster designs they come up for this zone (if they don't just yoink the designs from the Singapore version of this zone). The mentions of tarot-related characters and imagery also sound very fun. I will absolutely be seeking out the Scorpio scareactor and taking a selfie with them in my Scorpio T-shirt. Otherwise, I hope the scenic for this zone works. I find a lot of the time, zones which are themed after an "evil dimension" and such just... kinda have weak scenic if it's not in Central Park. Perhaps a 7-style approach would work?

4.) Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror - Even if it's just a "table of contents" zone with actors taken from other zones, I'll still really love this if it has a circus vibe to it (especially in terms of music), has the big "HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS" marquee they've used for the last 2 years, and has Dr. Oddfellow as a sort of barker/standing character a-la Pumpkin Lord last year.

5.) Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror - Please don't be racist. Please don't be racist. Please, for the love of god, don't be racist. I've seen images/premise of the original Jungle of Doom from 2003, and they did not age well. I do not need a white guy in a headdress jumping out at me. If it's hopefully not that, this could be a pretty good zone! I'll have to wait and see, but the environment sounds very fun.

EXTRA - Death Eaters and M3gan Horde - Death Eaters in Diagon Alley feels like something that should have happened already, but I don't mind it taking this long. I really love the vibes of DA at night, so I think this'll only add to it, even if we lose it as quiet little corner of the park during HHN. As for the M3gan horde (is that even still coming?), it sounds fun. I'd prefer a new variant of the Chainsaw Drill Team, though.

About Dr. Oddfellow's Collection of Horror

If this goes by minions,
I Feel like any zone is better than no zone. I'm just really glad and thankful that this area won't be empty. Anything they do, anything at all, I'm glad that we got anything.
Even if they have no props but just actors. It's great

Reactions: cenobyte
1. Dark Zodiac
Think that’s just a super cool idea and I can’t wait to see what they look like.

2. Jungle
Very curious to see jungle creatures as well. Location also defiantly plays a role here. Always love the Central Park scare zone.

3. Vamp ‘69
I’m in to the 60’s setting and the vamp scarezones have been great before for sure.

4. Shipyard
Bitter it wasn’t really Krampus like the spec map lol. Curious to see what creatures are here could go either way. Setting of shipyard seems kinda boring decor wise.
5. Oddfellows
This one really lost me when I heard on the podcast they describe it as another “table of contents” zone. Do not like that idea at all.

If M3GAN does come, I know it's just a horde, but. It would be really cool and funny if this song played ( I know it's unlikely because it's not an official scarezone) it would be hilarious