Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Past Website Recovery

Mar 28, 2020
Hello!

I kept hearing of the impending doomsday clock for Adobe Flash and dismissed it. However, I completely forgot that this is how the HHN Past Websites run from this site: Click
I discovered that I had a couple of old computers that did not update their browsers, so I found out I was available to start archiving the material from the sites and at least turn it into bitesized videos. Of course, I got busy right after that. I had to put it off for awhile and now that I have time, I attempted again, but even without updating my browser, it won't allow me to play the content from the sites anymore.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone else started this journey or knows of a different way to activate the sites again. Maybe 3rd party app to fake as flash?

Thanks!

Update:

I found this, but I'm not computer savvy enough. I hope it helps!

Last edited:
The Internet Archive added continued support for Flash via the Ruffle Flash emulator. I'm not entirely sure the structure of these sites and whether they'd work with this emulator either locally or on the Archive but I might take a peek this weekend and see if it's viable.

I'm currently working with the Conifer Collection Manager and it seems to be successful, so I will continue and see how it turns out. Good to know there seems to be many avenues

Do you need the sites to be functional on the web, or are you just looking for the full backups/files from them? I'm the guy that originally archived all the sites from 2004 on, so I still have the full rips on my computer. I can zip them up and send them via Google Drive if need be.

Do you need the sites to be functional on the web, or are you just looking for the full backups/files from them? I'm the guy that originally archived all the sites from 2004 on, so I still have the full rips on my computer. I can zip them up and send them via Google Drive if need be.
Hey @NickC, I PM'd you regarding the GoogleDrive Option! Thank you!

There USED to be a site (hhnforever.com) that actually had all the sites sans 2009 running… but the site is down now. I think it was runned by HHNRumors and some guy named Nick Chandler; anyone contacted them?

Yeah I had been in communication, but something happened again and they're unavailable. Man, it'd be great for everyone to catch up on some lore through the sites. Maybe @NickC and/or @Gambit could reignite the flame as I know they're familiar with the person that did.

Anything would be appreciated!

It's working again and can be accessed through the website, Conifer. Now it just takes bypassing the notification that says it's "not a trusted site." You have to do this a few times, but then it mostly loads.

Link pls?

6 months ago, I took some time to go through each individual site and save as much as I could. It's not flawless, but it's here: Link

I finally made it public since the website links seem to be hidden or removed from the HNN "past websites" page. The key is to go to "browse all" for the year you're looking for and make sure you're using Chrome version 76 with conifer's proxy tool. The top link on each respective year, is usually the most comprehensive for the material on that year's website.

Let me also reiterate the disclaimer that it will most likely give you the "your connection is not private" message. That's when you need to click "advanced" and click on the proceed link, over and over until it allows you to enter. It eventually will. After that, it takes hovering over the links for the images of them to show up.

Happy Haunting

Last edited:
Sure, maybe that will work better than what I have

Everything from the Terra Cruentus page at 2005’s website:

The Blood Vessel
The Chime of the Hollows
The Terra Blade
The Gorewood Skull
The Goblet of Iron Bone Gorge

And everything from the “Mary’s Journal” part of 2008 (it weirdly doesn’t have the classical music though):

Mary’s World:

2004’s What’s Your Breaking Point:

Houses of 2006:

Everything I could get from 2009:

EDIT: You would have to enter it all into the Wayback Machine.

Last edited:
@Ringwraith and there’s this too:

EDIT: Decided to add 2007 links here:

http://websites.horrornights.be/2007site/orlando/flash/house_vampyr.swf
http://websites.horrornights.be/2007site/orlando/flash/carnirama.swf

Last edited:
Added material from the “Reflections of Fear” segment from 2008’s website to swf links post. Unfortunately most of the audio is gone.