Hi, I'm new here. | Inside Universal Forums

Hi, I'm new here.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 7, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I am going to the Disney World next week. I'll spend three to four days at Walt Disney World, and am thinking of Checking out Blue Man Group while I am there.
Last trip to Magic Kingdom, my son was milometers away from 40 inches and got turned down at Splash Mountain; he was sad. Now, we are both very excited that he will have No problem with that height requirement and opens the door to the NEW Test Track, Soarin', and Thunder Mountain as well.

I am planning to take lots of photos as well; I just bought a Canon 5D Mark iii a few months ago, and can't wait to try it out on Walt Disney World.
Still deciding if I should take my 70-200mm lens; it's heavy, and I'd probably only use it for the shows, so I don't know if it's worth the back ache. Plus, I probably will be carrying my 3 year old as well at some point and the 24-70m is pretty versatile. I write for BestofOrlando.com, so I hope to get some good stuff for inspiration!

Anyone know which rides I'll have trouble bringing a small camera bag into? I'm not going on any ride that a 40 incher can't go on, so no fast coasters for me.

Any who, hope to join in on some conversations soon!

thanks,

-alex

Hello Everyone!

I am going to the Disney World next week. I'll spend three to four days at Walt Disney World, and am thinking of Checking out Blue Man Group while I am there.
Last trip to Magic Kingdom, my son was milometers away from 40 inches and got turned down at Splash Mountain; he was sad. Now, we are both very excited that he will have No problem with that height requirement and opens the door to the NEW Test Track, Soarin', and Thunder Mountain as well.

I am planning to take lots of photos as well; I just bought a Canon 5D Mark iii a few months ago, and can't wait to try it out on Walt Disney World.
Still deciding if I should take my 70-200mm lens; it's heavy, and I'd probably only use it for the shows, so I don't know if it's worth the back ache. Plus, I probably will be carrying my 3 year old as well at some point and the 24-70m is pretty versatile. I write for BestofOrlando.com, so I hope to get some good stuff for inspiration!

Anyone know which rides I'll have trouble bringing a small camera bag into? I'm not going on any ride that a 40 incher can't go on, so no fast coasters for me.

Any who, hope to join in on some conversations soon!

thanks,

-alex

:welcome: ooooh a Canon 5D Mark iii :drool5: Cant wait to see some of those pictures :thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum, Alex! :wave:

I think you should be fine bringing a small camera bag to the rides at Disney :thumbs:

BTW, you should definitely check out Blue Man Group at Universal CityWalk! It's great fun for people of all ages :thumbs:

Are you also visiting Universal during your trip?

:welcome: to the forum, Alex! :wave:

Are you also visiting Universal during your trip?

I want to: I haven't been to Islands of Adventure in years, but most of the rides over there are 42 inches, and I don't want to ride if my son can't go on.

Thanks I think I"ll get tickets.
-alex