Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"RUMOR: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Will Close Permanently in 2025" ... from the other Tom

If this rumor happens , maybe do the tear down between NYE and Spring Break ? would be even more of an eyesore if left up not running

"RUMOR: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Will Close Permanently in 2025" ... from the other Tom

If this rumor happens , maybe do the tear down between NYE and Spring Break ? would be even more of an eyesore if left up not running
It's going to be an interesting couple of years for USF if they end closing both RRR and Simpsons within the next year or so. Capacity is going to be baaaaaaaad

If this rumor is true, I highly doubt they'd leave RRR sbno

Reactions: Ahmanet
It's going to be an interesting couple of years for USF if they end closing both RRR and Simpsons within the next year or so. Capacity is going to be baaaaaaaad
Honestly my capacity for dealing with...uh...bad capacity is pretty robust at this point. Can't be any worse than 2013 USH, 2009 DCA, 2016 DHS, or USJ for the past two years.

Additions like the parade, the fixed lagoon show, Dreamworks Land, and the expansion of special event offerings are also technically eating lost capacity, albeit not uniformally.

Nothing will top the train glued to the track by its own wheels. :lmao: I knew the ride had issues but jeez!

There are some parts of the coaster I like but altogether it's not something I'll miss very much when it's gone. The recent coaster projects coming up from Universal have been awesome so I'm looking forward to what comes next. I wonder if the new coaster would have some elements reminiscent of RRR like the non-inverted loop?

Honestly my capacity for dealing with...uh...bad capacity is pretty robust at this point. Can't be any worse than 2013 USH, 2009 DCA, 2016 DHS, or USJ for the past two years.

Additions like the parade, the fixed lagoon show, Dreamworks Land, and the expansion of special event offerings are also technically eating lost capacity, albeit not uniformally.
Plus they will have EU to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Some pro Disney YouTubers think that many people who do Disney no matter what and then tack on Universal at the end will choose to go to EU and IOA and pass on USF because it has gotten the least amount of big things in recent times.

It's not a very good coaster IMO. Maybe they could do a Fast and Furious coaster, and while they're at it - burn Jimmy Fallon and the Fast and Furious bus ride to the ground.

Lol won't USO be deserted after Epic Universe opens. In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see what happens when EU opens, will people redistribute time from other Uni parks or add extra vacay time, or heaven forbid, less time at Disney.

USF has great capacity and should absorb the loss of two attractions quite easily. Insane to think DHS was at one point only operating with Star Tours, RNRC, and ToT.

Plus they will have EU to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Some pro Disney YouTubers think that many people who do Disney no matter what and then tack on Universal at the end will choose to go to EU and IOA and pass on USF because it has gotten the least amount of big things in recent times.
People skipping (or reducing their time at) USF is a real possibility based on time constraints. Vacations aren't getting longer, so people will have to decide how to use their time wisely while visiting Orlando now.

It’s not like HRRR or Simpsons rides are the most popular in the park. It will surely hurt capacity a bit, but if they ever bothered putting in a real show in Fear Factor, that immediately helps.

I gotta find out if that still remains after the song changes last year.
I definitely see it taking a hit along with people seeing/recognizing how much better a coaster by Universal can be once Velo opened... Not comparing it at all to Hagrids/Veloci... but it definitely is a highlight for many guests. But replacing it with something better is a far better choice.