Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't mind this at Disneyland, but it would probably need to be alongside one or two completely new rides for people to think it's not a disappointment for what it is.
People seem to really like San Fran Toyko and it has Zero rides

I think the land it self is stunning and fits into whats already at DLR, so that plus a Frozen ride (though I would be down for a new ride) would be great for Fantasyland and I will say it even losing Nemo for this clone would be a win. Nemo just doesn't have great capacity, doesn't seem to even be that liked by bloggers and costs a lot. So I think if they could make this Frozen area kinda Boomrang around the Matterhorn from the old Motor Boat Cruise Area, to some of the Autipiatrack and Nemo...I think it would be a win for DLR

Reactions: Disneyland/DCA
Oaken's is a short coaster but it's in a park that has lacks a kiddie/less-intense family coaster, and actually the RC half pipe coaster is technically shorter by track length (although that's a shuttle coaster with multiple launches). It's fine for what it is.

The coaster just seems to short element wise. Actually less than a roller skater model. If it just did a left hand helix (over the water maybe) before the brakes I’d say it’d be a perfect kids coaster.

It’s also a bummer because it’s kinda hauling when it hits the brakes.

However the themeing is next level, best themed coaster that small of all time maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikePat and Clive
From everything I've seen, this land absolutely does not lack substance. It has three attractions, awe-inspiring views, top notch theming and lots of entertainment and streetmosphere. A definite win for HKDL.

Reactions: Clive and belloq87
I am bewildered that Disney built Maelstrom from the ground up again in 2023. That is hilarious to me. But is it surprising? God, no not really.

But the one upside is that even though what I thought to be their Mine Train clocks in at 45 seconds and the ride is a 7-year-old clone is that HKDL usually has pretty low wait times. So when visiting, you should be able to knock these out in 10 minutes or less.

The land looks great. The ride is improved from Epcot's version. Coaster is a very highly themed Vekoma roller skater. Should be longer.

Nothing about this land is bad, but it's still......"eh". It's like a really nice looking ball of cotton candy. It looks really good, but when you bite into it, there's almost nothing there. It doesn't taste bad, it looks good, but it really lacks substance. It's mostly fluff. Just like here, everything looks nice, it's not bad....there's just nothing that really stands out about this land.

If this came to Disneyland, I really don't think this would be a great use of space. Despite the improvements, FEA just isn't a ride that makes me want to go into a rush to see it. Even on my last trip to Epcot I just skipped the ride entirely because I just don't care about it.

Look, I understand as a single grown male in his early 30's, I'm not exactly the prime demographic for this addition. But I feel like even with an IP like Frozen, something I am pretty apathetic about, they can still make something great out of it. For something this elaborate and intricately built, the land needs something great. Instead of FEA, what they should've done was a trackless dark ride. If they built a trackless dark ride and built a longer coaster, I'm confident this land would be a slam-dunk. If this were to come to DLR, this is more or less what I would expect.

The land looks great. The ride is improved from Epcot's version. Coaster is a very highly themed Vekoma roller skater. Should be longer.

Nothing about this land is bad, but it's still......"eh". It's like a really nice looking ball of cotton candy. It looks really good, but when you bite into it, there's almost nothing there. It doesn't taste bad, it looks good, but it really lacks substance. It's mostly fluff. Just like here, everything looks nice, it's not bad....there's just nothing that really stands out about this land.

If this came to Disneyland, I really don't think this would be a great use of space. Despite the improvements, FEA just isn't a ride that makes me want to go into a rush to see it. Even on my last trip to Epcot I just skipped the ride entirely because I just don't care about it.

Look, I understand as a single grown male in his early 30's, I'm not exactly the prime demographic for this addition. But I feel like even with an IP like Frozen, something I am pretty apathetic about, they can still make something great out of it. For something this elaborate and intricately built, the land needs something great. Instead of FEA, what they should've done was a trackless dark ride. If they built a trackless dark ride and built a longer coaster, I'm confident this land would be a slam-dunk. If this were to come to DLR, this is more or less what I would expect.
This is the major difference between Disney and the OLC methods of imagineering lol

Reactions: TheUniC6

The Frozen ride needs some sort of conflict. That’s what’s missing, IMO. You don’t have to resurrect Hans, but a scene or two of peril featuring the elemental creatures or something along those lines would take it to the next level.

A Frozen track ride would be awesome. But knowing the mouse, you can sadly bet they are going to clone the boat ride assuming a Frozen land comes to DLR.

Add another 30 seconds of Thrills and another AA at the end of the ride and you have pretty much the perfect Kids Coaster. It really is a joy to watch the scenery but it's just a little short but would loveeeee to see a coaster like this at other parks just plussed a little

Reactions: Rhian and belloq87