Hong Kong Disneyland | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Hong Kong Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And..two things. First off, this is using an extremely dated ride system when it can really be something special in it's own right. And from what it seems, UC could be doing that; given the chance in the near future. I hope that I'm wrong, but they shouldn't of used the Star Tours/Body Wars ride system for the Iron Man Experience as it's a cheap move..
I'm not surprised if it's not that great of a ride, but we've known for about 2 years it would be using the ST ride system.

Reactions: Jon84
Iron Man Experience has soft-opened and a POV has been posted. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KVn9M62f90A?feature=oembed

Looks fine. There are some cool in-cabin lighting effects, clever dialogue from Iron Man, but it's the exact same thing as Star Tours. Plus, there's no randomization. 

A lot of people are commenting on the video hoping that this will make its way out to our Marvel land. I hope it doesn't. If it does, it would feel like a filler ride. Plus, if they went the same route as this does by showing the park and the guests in the ride footage, as well as showing the "latest and greatest technology" in the queue, the ride will become dated VERY quickly (Have they not learned from T2:3D or Epcot?).

This ride is fine for HK, but I'm not eager to get this. They can't bring it over here anyway because of that five-year exclusivity contract.  

Reactions: chris.g
I couple if APs and I had to talk about it. After a while it seemed to be reality. I can totally see StarTours transforming into the Iron Man Experience. But, they would have to create all new ride footage to go along with California.

Disney Explorer's Lodge, Hong Kong Disneyland's third on-site hotel (750 rooms), now has an official opening date of April 30th: Disney Explorers Lodge Opening at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort on April 30 | Disney Parks Blog

hkhig84875861111.jpg

hkhig84875863.jpg

Finished Room:
hkhig84875862.jpg

While thinking about HKDL, I just realized I hadn't seen any pictures or a walkthrough of the Iron Man Experience queue. Here's a pretty good video showcasing the queue areas:

Ful Ride POV:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Hmm.. Wonder if I should stay at the new Explorers Hotel. Visiting here in October but was looking at the Hollywood Hotel.

Hmm.. Wonder if I should stay at the new Explorers Hotel. Visiting here in October but was looking at the Hollywood Hotel.
Here's a CGI overview of the resort... the audio is in Chinese, but it gives a pretty good idea of what to expect on the hotel grounds. It's incredibly hard to actually find real photos of construction... even HKDL blogs don't have much about it.

It looks really nice but between here and Cali, I've the done the lodge theme a couple times. I think I'll stick to Hollywood Hotel.

It looks really nice but between here and Cali, I've the done the lodge theme a couple times. I think I'll stick to Hollywood Hotel.

Just stayed there last week... I advise bringing food from a grocery store in advanced for breakfast and snacks. The food at the hotel is crazy overpriced. Breakfast from the fast food restaurant was like $13 USD/person.

Mice Chat has a new article, with lots of photos, on Hong Kong Disneyland. It's a shame that this smallish park, which probably has the most beautiful setting of any Disney park, has such major attendance issues. As in every other Hong Kong photo trip report I've seen before, the park in this photo display, is relatively empty. Mystic Manor, maybe one of the world's best new attractions, remains a relative walk on ride. Big time problems there, with no solutions imminent and/or evident.

For those of you who are interested... Here's a mini vlog of my Asia trip with mainly landscape and environment shots of the parks! Enjoy and ask me anything you want!

Shanghai: 0:01-5:20
Tokyo: 5:21-12:17
Hong Kong: 12:18-15:09

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
For those of you who are interested... Here's a mini vlog of my Asia trip with mainly landscape and environment shots of the parks! Enjoy and ask me anything you want!

Thank you.:thumbsup: That was nicely filmed.....I've always thought that I would enjoy Disney Seas the most of any theme park in the world. From what I've read, and seen in travelogues, it just about fits perfectly into what I want in a theme park. .....Hong Kong Disneyland definitely seems to have the most beautiful setting of any Disney park. Such a pity, due to the economic & political situation there, it will probably end up failing, or losing lots of money at the very least.