Horror Movies Thread | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey everyone, hope all is well! Just wanted to share my new horror short film - The Drawing. Its only 3 min but packs a punch, it played at a bunch of festivals this fall, here are a few highlights!

Official Selection FilmQuest
Audience Winner HorrorHaus
1st place Spooky Film Festival

After waking from a nightmare, artist Scarlet is pursued by a malevolent figure eerily reminiscent of her latest drawing.

View attachment 20157

View attachment 20158

Thank you all so much! Hope everyone enjoys it, look forward to hearing your thoughts!

This was well done! It's no easy feat creating a 3 minute film...let alone one that creeps you out. Some of the monster placing was well done and I often found myself squinting through the dark to see if it was hidden anywhere. Great job!

Reactions: JaySalahi
I LOVED Midsommar. Though I am admittedly a sucker for horror films about cults. Ti West's The Sacrament being another favorite of mine.

Reactions: belloq87
Great stuff! Really polished camerawork and lighting.

So when does that get turned into a full length lol

This was well done! It's no easy feat creating a 3 minute film...let alone one that creeps you out. Some of the monster placing was well done and I often found myself squinting through the dark to see if it was hidden anywhere. Great job!

Thanks all so much, appreciate the kind words and you taking the time to watch it!

As of now It looks like I'm gonna start shooting the feature in May/June.

After a hectic schedule and coming back from a holiday vacation, I finally just got around to seeing Thanksgiving. Went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

The movie struck a perfect balance of being suspenseful and engaging, while also being hilarious and tounge-in-cheek. The small theater I was in was only half full but everyone else in there loved it.

I know it’s probably almost too late as the movie is really nearing its theatrical run, but go see Thanksgiving! It was the most fun in a horror film I’ve had in years! It was certainly better than the last two Scream movies.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
After a hectic schedule and coming back from a holiday vacation, I finally just got around to seeing Thanksgiving. Went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

The movie struck a perfect balance of being suspenseful and engaging, while also being hilarious and tounge-in-cheek. The small theater I was in was only half full but everyone else in there loved it.

I know it’s probably almost too late as the movie is really nearing its theatrical run, but go see Thanksgiving! It was the most fun in a horror film I’ve had in years! It was certainly better than the last two Scream movies.
I went in with low expectations as well based on Roth's previous work, but it really feels like this is the kind of stuff he should be doing.

Reactions: Freak
I literally just wrapped up an entire franchise re-watch of Saw in order to refresh before I saw... Saw X.

And man do those middle films drag and drag and dragggggg. I've always considered them guilty pleasures but they truly are time capsules of an alternate universe where everyone is an absolute idiot filled with hair trigger violent tendencies and a complete lack of human corporation and the franchise just jumps the shark so many times.

I actually enjoyed Spiral more than the average fan because it really was a throwback to the style of the original first films in the franchise with its more procedural approach. By X I was so beyond over the idea of a multi-person group going through a series of traps together. I'm baffled as to why they decided that needed to be the framwork for a gigantic middle chunk of the films as if it was written in stone.

X was a real revelation by the time you got to it because Tobin just always kills it as John Kramer and as funny as it sounds (and as bad as that wig is), it's somehow a treat to see his apprentices show back up even though they've never been THAT revered in the overall zeitgeist.

I literally just wrapped up an entire franchise re-watch of Saw in order to refresh before I saw... Saw X.

And man do those middle films drag and drag and dragggggg. I've always considered them guilty pleasures but they truly are time capsules of an alternate universe where everyone is an absolute idiot filled with hair trigger violent tendencies and a complete lack of human corporation and the franchise just jumps the shark so many times.

I actually enjoyed Spiral more than the average fan because it really was a throwback to the style of the original first films in the franchise with its more procedural approach. By X I was so beyond over the idea of a multi-person group going through a series of traps together. I'm baffled as to why they decided that needed to be the framwork for a gigantic middle chunk of the films as if it was written in stone.

X was a real revelation by the time you got to it because Tobin just always kills it as John Kramer and as funny as it sounds (and as bad as that wig is), it's somehow a treat to see his apprentices show back up even though they've never been THAT revered in the overall zeitgeist.
I'm right there with you with Spiral. It's up there with the first 2 for me.

Saw X was also surprisingly good and I agree - those middle movies drag lol

Reactions: CoryLevy91
‘Orphan 3’ – William Brent Bell is Actively Developing a Sequel